Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 tommymockler

Penguin100 wrote: »
    The contact details are on publicjobs.ie

I've gone through all the messages I got but can't seem to find anything

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

Chapter House
    26/30 Abbey Street Upper
    Dublin 1
    Lo-Call: 1890 449 999
    Tel: (01) 858 7400
    Fax: (01) 858 7500
    Fax: (01) 858 7574
    Email: info@publicjobs.ie.
    Web: www.publicjobs.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭westmeath11

Was anyone in Galway or Roscommon or Westmeath called to stage 2 yet. Why are we so slow?

Not a word yet, I had Westmeath down as no: 2 and Meath as 3, Dublin was the no: 1 so I went ahead with that

Was anyone in Galway or Roscommon or Westmeath called to stage 2 yet. Why are we so slow?

Not a word yet, I had Westmeath down as no: 2 and Meath as 3, Dublin was the no: 1 so I went ahead with that. I scored very well in Meath and Westmeath so I probably would have heard if there was anything happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭eroc79

Not a word yet, I had Westmeath down as no: 2 and Meath as 3, Dublin was the no: 1 so I went ahead with that. I scored very well in Meath and Westmeath so I probably would have heard if there was anything happening.

Think you only get informed once. From my own experience I applied for Cork, tipp/Limerick and Waterford. They've all been called forward now but I only got informed when tipp/Limerick got called.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭WilsonIRL

Hi, I passed the Dublin stage 2 but the mail said they were working through the 300-400 group. I'm up in the 700s.

I was just wondering if anyone knew what candidate number the interviewers were up to now?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭armadillo86

I only put down Westmeath/Offaly/Laois and haven't heard anything yet. Starting to regret not picking Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ciartastix

I declined Dublin. Holding out for either Kildare or Meath but haven't heard anything yet!

eroc79 wrote: »
    Think you only get informed once. From my own experience I applied for Cork, tipp/Limerick and Waterford. They've all been called forward now but I only got informed when tipp/Limerick got called.

I asked the PAS service if I would miss out on Westmeath, they said that I would not be informed when the test is on or the interviews as I have done both for the Dublin region. When Westmeath catches up and finishes the interviews I will be on both panels until I accept an offer from one of them, then obivously I would be off all panels. However if I turn down Dublin I am still there for Westmeath.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Penguin100

ciartastix wrote: »
    I declined Dublin. Holding out for either Kildare or Meath but haven't heard anything yet!

I was speaking to someone in the PAS last week and she said there are no positions in Kildare at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

I emailed PAS about the Waterford/Wexford region and they told me at the moment 72 is the cut off point for stage 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ciartastix

Penguin100 wrote: »
    I was speaking to someone in the PAS last week and she said there are no positions in Kildare at the moment.

thanks for info! looks like i still have a bit of a wait ahead so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

egan2020 wrote: »
    I emailed PAS about the Waterford/Wexford region and they told me at the moment 72 is the cut off point for stage 2.

Wonder what split of positions they have between waterford and Wexford? With the low wages I don't think I could afford a commute, never mind the extra time, to Wexford every day! Should worry about the tests and interviews first though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Wicklowbob

I got the call for reference clearance today (I'm high 400s). Does anyone know if Peoplepoint is full? I'd prefer a different location for commuting reasons. Seems odd that this far down on the panel people are still being assigned there.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Holysock

Wicklowbob wrote: »
    I got the call for reference clearance today (I'm high 400s). Does anyone know if Peoplepoint is full? I'd prefer a different location for commuting reasons. Seems odd that this far down on the panel people are still being assigned there.

Seeing as more than a 100 TCOs contracts finish end of February there I doubt they've finish placing people there...

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭forzawexford10

egan2020 wrote: »

Hi Egan2020, Could you give me the email address for PAS I am ranked 102nd for Waterford/Wexford and would just like to enquire to them what are my chances of been eventually called to stage 2.

Or is 72nd the ultimate cut off, was hoping to squeeze through to Stage 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

Hi Egan2020, Could you give me the email address for PAS I am ranked 102nd for Waterford/Wexford and would just like to enquire to them what are my chances of been eventually called to stage 2.

Or is 72nd the ultimate cut off, was hoping to squeeze through to Stage 2.

I emailed info@publicjobs.ie. I ranked 288. The email said they have called candidates up to 72 for stage 2 and that if they reach my number they'll be in touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭forzawexford10

thanks for that, fingers crossed there will be some people rejecting the call and maybe few more positions arise and both of us will get the call eventually

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Starry12

I was 411 and am going to peoplepoint. Really didn't want to go there but beggars cant be choosers and all that 😕

Just wondering if any people who ranked in the 500s or 600s have been called for interviews yet?

• Advertisement

WilsonIRL wrote: »
    Just wondering if any people who ranked in the 500s or 600s have been called for interviews yet?

Hi, I did my interview before Christmas, end of November I think. I was in the early 600's. I was successful at interview and I am waiting now.

Hi, I did my interview before Christmas, end of November I think. I was in the early 600's. I was successful at interview and I am waiting now.

That's great, thanks! And thanks also to the other people contributing to this thread. I was running blind after stage 1 with no sign of any news on how the whole candidate process was going. This thread really helped before my stage 2 tests and continues to help me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭VONSHIRACH

Any interview advice?

How many interviewers were there and what type of questions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭showit

Peoplepoint will be practically empty on the 20th - at least 110 people leaving -

• Registered Users Posts: 49 keowny8

Thers 120 people leaving the LPT/HHC sections of Ennis/Limerick at the end of March.

I wonder will there be CO's taken on to backfill these positions....

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

My younger daughter who was in the top 200 for Dublin after the initial tests (done at home) last year - but didn't go to the second assessment as she was continuing in education instead - has now been called to Stage 2 for another region - she's forgotten what she applied for - but it must be Kildare/Wicklow.

She never explained why she didn't turn up for Stage 2 of the Dublin competion - yet that hasn't discounted her from another region.

She won't be attending Stage 2 for Kildare/Wicklow

On the other hand, the daughter who was unsuccessful at interview for Dublin region (despite, blah blah blah blah blah)....doesn't get a chance for Kildare/Wicklow. Given that her previous public services employers - where she worked as a TCO - reckoned she'd be suitable for a permanent position, it really miffs me that one 3-person interview panel had the power to decide she was unsuitable for every region.

I'll be blah blah blah-ing about that PAS for a while yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 keowny8

Unsuccessful at interview??

Jesus I thought the interview was more or less a formality... Crap..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Yep, I'll be unsuccessful at interview as well. Aged 40 with a 10 year blank spot on my CV I haven't a hope no matter how well I do in the tests. I'm just doing this (well, the EO job at this point) to stop going mad.
    In the good old days, it was an open exam in the RDS and no interview took place. It was fair and transparent.
    So the interviews are nothing to fear, the likes of me might be in the queue but we're placeholders.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 piafe

Just got a message giving me a date for interview on valentines day. To say I'm nervous is an understatement. Have never been interviewed by more than one person.

For those interested, I'm in the early 700's for Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭eroc79

My younger daughter who was in the top 200 for Dublin after the initial tests (done at home) last year - but didn't go to the second assessment as she was continuing in education instead - has now been called to Stage 2 for another region - she's forgotten what she applied for - but it must be Kildare/Wicklow.

She never explained why she didn't turn up for Stage 2 of the Dublin competion - yet that hasn't discounted her from another region.

She won't be attending Stage 2 for Kildare/Wicklow

On the other hand, the daughter who was unsuccessful at interview for Dublin region (despite, blah blah blah blah blah)....doesn't get a chance for Kildare/Wicklow. Given that her previous public services employers - where she worked as a TCO - reckoned she'd be suitable for a permanent position, it really miffs me that one 3-person interview panel had the power to decide she was unsuitable for every region.

I'll be blah blah blah-ing about that PAS for a while yet!

Hi. I've been reading your comments over the past few months and I'm just wondering if it's possible your daughter intentionally let herself down in the interview because it's not what she wants to do but didn't feel she could tell you this. It's just hard for me to see how someone with her tco experience wouldn't pass the interview. I apologise if you think I'm being too personal. My curiosity getting the better of me.

Advertisement