Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

Its going to be busy in D'Olier House in the morning. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭WilsonIRL

Is it just Revenue that's based out of D'Olier House?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

WilsonIRL wrote: »
    Is it just Revenue that's based out of D'Olier House?

Yep, that's where their training school is - they BRAINWASH people there...!!
    http://youtu.be/VrdS8mYtEh4

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭otherfrog

waster666 wrote: »
    I'm starting in revenue tomorrow morning in d'olier house too. It's a half 9 start isn't it??

Yep!

Count your lucky stars you're starting in Revenue and not Peoplepoint. Any chance of a transfer? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭AshF22

Aw also nervous too to be starting tomorrow but at least we're all in the same boat :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Askabout

Anyone sit the Stage 2 Irish Language stream ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Regus

Hi i have stage 2 coming up next Monday in Chapter House and I am just wondering can I bring my calculator with me to the test? Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Regus wrote: »
    Hi i have stage 2 coming up next Monday in Chapter House and I am just wondering can I bring my calculator with me to the test? Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

As far as I know you're expected to. Now, I did my exam 9 years ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭paddycakes

Regus wrote: »

Calculators, pencils etc are provided.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Teraman182

Got offered a job in People Point on Friday, unfortunately I had to turn it down due to travel, just wouldn't be feasible :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Count your lucky stars you're starting in Revenue and not Peoplepoint. Any chance of a transfer? :D

Peoplepoint seems to be an absolute nightmare of a place from all the reports I have heard. Feel sorry for the staff working there.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭arbour

gazzer wrote: »
    Peoplepoint seems to be an absolute nightmare of a place from all the reports I have heard. Feel sorry for the staff working there.

What is so bad about peoplepoint? Have interview in next couple of weeks and worrying about being offered peoplepoint if people say its that bad. I'm employed at the moment and dislike my job but it wouldn't interest me going from one job I dislike to another.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭WilsonIRL

Teraman182 wrote: »
    Got offered a job in People Point on Friday, unfortunately I had to turn it down due to travel, just wouldn't be feasible :-(

Where, may I ask, was the job based? I ask because i've found one address in Clonskeagh and one in Mount Joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭arbour

gazzer wrote: »
    WilsonIRL wrote: »
    Where, may I ask, was the job based? I ask because i've found one address in Clonskeagh and one in Mount Joy.

clonskeagh. Belfield Office Park.. Not an easy place to get to. Crossing the city there is alot of traffic to deal with

arbour wrote: »
    What is so bad about peoplepoint? Have interview in next couple of weeks and worrying about being offered peoplepoint if people say its that bad. I'm employed at the moment and dislike my job but it wouldn't interest me going from one job I dislike to another.

I wouldn't put anyone off the opportunity of getting a permanent and pensionable job in the civil service, even if it is in peoplepoint.

It just seems to be managed pretty badly. Way too much workload for the number of staff there. This seems to lead to people being under a lot of pressure.

Hopefully there will be chances to transfer out of there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

I wouldn't put anyone off the opportunity of getting a permanent and pensionable job in the civil service, even if it is in peoplepoint.

It just seems to be managed pretty badly. Way too much workload for the number of staff there. This seems to lead to people being under a lot of pressure.

Hopefully there will be chances to transfer out of there.

And the irony is that there's still nearly the same workload for local HR in the various depts... so much for centralising and making things more efficient...

And the irony is that there's still nearly the same workload for local HR in the various depts... so much for centralising and making things more efficient...

People who have been in PP for longer then me say they can see PP collapsing sooner than later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭TINA1984

People who have been in PP for longer then me say they can see PP collapsing sooner than later.

How long have you been in PP? gotta say, your experience doesn't tally with mine.

TINA1984 wrote: »
    How long have you been in PP? gotta say, your experience doesn't tally with mine.

The last few weeks.

Do you not pick up on the feeling of pending doom when the TCO's leave on Friday week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Holysock

The last few weeks.

Do you not pick up on the feeling of pending doom when the TCO's leave on Friday week?

To be honest if you've only been there a few weeks you've just started at a particularly stressful and difficult time for everyone which will surely pass. :) I've been there 10 months as a TCO, due to finish next week and I would jump at the chance to be placed back there.

Holysock wrote: »
    To be honest if you've only been there a few weeks you've just started at a particularly stressful and difficult time for everyone which will surely pass. :) I've been there 10 months as a TCO, due to finish next week and I would jump at the chance to be placed back there.

I'm not worrying too much and feel bad if I'm coming across like a moany Joany. Sorry you're leaving. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Looks like I'll know my assignment tomorrow, ironically I got a job in the meantime. Fortunately I'm still in training so can just chuck the job whenever I need to.

Hooray for civil servants!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Any decent sites to practice some verbal reasoning and numeracy tests at a similar pitch to the public jobs ones? I've done the public jobs practice ones a load of times now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Any decent sites to practice some verbal reasoning and numeracy tests at a similar pitch to the public jobs ones? I've done the public jobs practice ones a load of times now.

I'm sure its been mentioned before in the thread but these are handy....

http://www.shldirect.com/en/practice-tests

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭TINA1984

The last few weeks.

No doubt the TCOs are gutted, and you can't blame 'em for that, but your portents of doom for PP's future prospects as an organisation are a bit much really.

TINA1984 wrote: »
    No doubt the TCOs are gutted, and you can't blame 'em for that, but your portents of doom for PP's future prospects as an organisation are a bit much really.

Time will tell I suppose. :)

I got an assignment letter today, just says that I'll be contacted shortly by my department for my start date. It also says that 'as a Garda Vetting report has not been recieved yet, the above recommendation is subject to nothing untoward coming to light as a result of security checking'. Is this normal? I don't have any reason to be worried, but I still am!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Donald73

I got an assignment letter today, just says that I'll be contacted shortly by my department for my start date. It also says that 'as a Garda Vetting report has not been recieved yet, the above recommendation is subject to nothing untoward coming to light as a result of security checking'. Is this normal? I don't have any reason to be worried, but I still am!

This is exactly what I got too. Can I ask where you're going?

Congrats on getting your assignment too.

• Advertisement

donna35 wrote: »
    This is exactly what I got too. Can I ask where you're going?

Congrats on getting your assignment too.

I won't say exactly but it's part of the Department of Health in an area that I am actually very interested in.

Advertisement