Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Sid Bear

EmerG28 wrote: »
    Same as, they were very nice in there I have to say. Did they give you any indication how long we would have to wait for news?

Mine was last Saturday and they said they'd let me know early March.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭WilsonIRL

Sid Bear wrote: »
    Mine was last Saturday and they said they'd let me know early March.

Same here. So 2-3 weeks.. hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭VONSHIRACH

Had stage 2 tests recently in PAS. Had done a few practice tests at home so the real ones didn't seem as hard. Had plenty of tme for the reading and more pressure obviously for the numerical and error checking.

http://www.shldirect.com/en/practice-tests

They asked us all to fill out some optional survey/questionnaire thing before the tests which stated that it wasn't actually part of the competition, despite asking for name and date of birth etc on it. This took about 15 mins to do and consisted of psychometric type questions, about 12 pages of stuff, including a page 9 which was included in error. That was funny, including a page in error and giving it out to everyone coming in for competence testing for clerical officer positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Beginner to this

VONSHIRACH wrote:
    They asked us all to fill out some optional survey/questionnaire thing before the tests which stated that it wasn't actually part of the competition, despite asking for name and date of birth etc on it. This took about 15 mins to do and consisted of psychometric type questions, about 12 pages of stuff, including a page 9 which was included in error. That was funny, including a page in error and giving it out to everyone coming in for competence testing for clerical officer positions.

I did stage 2 at the end of January but none of our group were asked to do this, very odd.

I did stage 2 at the end of January but none of our group were asked to do this, very odd.

as it wasn't compulsory or part of the test/competition it was probably for training purposes ie analysing the answers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭eroc79

VONSHIRACH wrote: »
    Had stage 2 tests recently in PAS. Had done a few practice tests at home so the real ones didn't seem as hard. Had plenty of tme for the reading and more pressure obviously for the numerical and error checking.

http://www.shldirect.com/en/practice-tests

Perhaps they are considering changing the format of these exams in the future and we're just testing it. The garda exams last year had a lot of tests like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭westmeath11

Hi
    Does anyone know approx' what numbers are being placed or having references checked this week ?. I was early 600's in the first group, I think someone last week said they were mid 500's and were having references checked.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Diddlina

is there anything you can do if you've made a balls out of the 2nd rounds tests. Just the numberical I only got half way through!

Diddlina wrote: »
    is there anything you can do if you've made a balls out of the 2nd rounds tests. Just the numberical I only got half way through!

You only get one chance, until a new competition comes around. That is why it is recommended to do lots of practice online tests at home before the real tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Nelly 21

Anyone called to stage 2 in Westmeath Offaly?

Any word on Westmeath/Offaly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Mrs cockett

No

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭westmeath11

Nelly 21 wrote: »
    Any word on Westmeath/Offaly?

I did not hear anything either for Westmeath/Offaly

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Mark37

Anyone from Donegal get called for a Stage 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Tina82

anyone tipp / Kilkenny region ...just got a message...passed stage 2....:D

Tina82 wrote:
    anyone tipp / Kilkenny region ...just got a message...passed stage 2....

same Limerick/Tipp. have had nothing but bad news lately so I was delighted to do so well.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Idrive

Passed Stage 2 for Limerick / Tipp.

Weird results - only just got the pass grade for verbal, which i thought i did well on & got a better result in the maths which i bombed on.:confused:

We were told results wouldn't be out til March. Totally unexpected. Thrilled with results.

God, i hope i get called for an interview now.
    All these hoops to jump over, i just want to speak to someone at this stage :D

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭bagel2010

hi got in the 90s for tipp limerick doubt i be high enough to be called for interview will these panels stay open for long?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 WhoIsTheCoon

eroc79 wrote: »
    We were told results wouldn't be out til March. Totally unexpected. Thrilled with results.

Congrats on your news! Did you move up in ranking? I've heard nothing yet (did stage 2 on Jan 29th)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 PaulaPanic

I placed 87 for Limerick/Tipp. What are my chances of an interview? Message we got was a bit "maybe you will, maybe you won't"

I moved considerable down in rankings.. really thought id done better on the verbal. Just goes to show..
    Just going to wait and see now.

Congrats on your news! Did you move up in ranking? I've heard nothing yet (did stage 2 on Jan 29th)

Was placed quite well after stage 1 and didn't feel at all confident that I had repeated it at stage 2 but managed to come up over 10 places. Did stage 2 Jan 26.

I did mine the same day. Im sure you will hear shortly.

PaulaPanic wrote:
    I placed 87 for Limerick/Tipp. What are my chances of an interview? Message we got was a bit "maybe you will, maybe you won't"

I was in the 30s and my message said I would be called to stage 2 if my number is reached. It did mention interviews the week of 2nd of March but didnt say to what number.

I was in the 30s and my message said I would be called to stage 2 if my number is reached. It did mention interviews the week of 2nd of March but didnt say to what number.

Same as mine. Just frustrating not knowing if you're going to be called or not isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭junipergreen

Did anyone in Cork hear anything yet?

PaulaPanic wrote:
    Same as mine. Just frustrating not knowing if you're going to be called or not isn't it?

Totally, its such a guessing game until you get the text to say login. Had just been thinking today another 11 days before we start hitting refresh on the messages.

Does the panel last 2 years i wonder ?
    Not that I have the patience for such a wait :)

• Advertisement

Totally, its such a guessing game until you get the text to say login. Had just been thinking today another 11 days before we start hitting refresh on the messages.

Yes. I was very surprised to get the message today. Just want to be called now or else just know that I'm out so I can forget about it and move on to the next thing.

Advertisement