Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 LauraK85

Just checked my messages! I'm shocked, I've jumped up over 250 places from stage 1!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 keowny8

I jumped over 200 places to the 30's... Fupping delighted.... Interviews starting March 2nd in Limerick.....

Possibly 50 in Sarsfield house...

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Morninglory

My brother placed around 190 I think in limerick. Are his chances gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 PaulaPanic

keowny8 wrote: »
    I jumped over 200 places to the 30's... Fupping delighted.... Interviews starting March 2nd in Limerick.....

Are there that many jobs going in Revenue in Limerick? There is hope so.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 followmeup

PaulaPanic wrote: »
    Are there that many jobs going in Revenue in Limerick? There is hope so.

I hope theres some in Nenagh too, being from Offaly I chose Limerick/Tipp more for the Tipp region so if I am lucky enough too pass the interview being based in Nenagh would save me having too move :)

• Advertisement

followmeup wrote: »
    I hope theres some in Nenagh too, being from Offaly I chose Limerick/Tipp more for the Tipp region so if I am lucky enough too pass the interview being based in Nenagh would save me having too move :)

I hear ya. Would be nice to know what's on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Tina82

Do you think their will be that many in sarsfield house....I'm number 104 and was kinda losing hope of been called for interview!!!

Tina82 wrote: »
    Do you think their will be that many in sarsfield house....I'm number 104 and was kinda losing hope of been called for interview!!!

There's 60-70 TCO's being let go on March 27th. Some of these have to be replaced and there's slso a shortage around the building...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Oh, my interview is being rescheduled, shock of shocks! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Sinead Mc1

There's 60-70 TCO's being let go on March 27th. Some of these have to be replaced and there's slso a shortage around the building...

No 63. Hoping this is true!

• Advertisement

What's the work like in Revenue. Do I need to be a maths genius?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭CBGirl

Were any of you who got results yesterday in the Donegal region?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 wordzworth

Tarzana2 wrote: »

Sorry for your recent loss Tarzana x

I am glad they have rescheduled for you.
    Best of luck with it. Just concentrate on the competencies and have good examples for each. My interviewers were very nice and put me at ease. Interview went very quickly. About 20 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭VONSHIRACH

Does Clerical Officer Grade IV exist for new entrants or is it just Clerical Officer now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

VONSHIRACH wrote:
    Does Clerical Officer Grade IV exist for new entrants or is it just Clerical Officer now?

Grade IV Assistant Staff Officer is a HSE and Local Authority grade...no such grade in CS. Staff Officer would be equivalent type level in CS.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Fear Ciarrai

PaulaPanic wrote:

No, just a thick skin. Sarsfield House is mainly debt management (collection)

No, just a thick skin. Sarsfield House is mainly debt management (collection)

Oh good grief. Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Donald73

Tarzana2 wrote: »

Glad they've rescheduled for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Does anyone know if there's any marks for speed in the Stage 2 tests or is it all just marked on the actual answers?

Also, in Stage 2 is there an option to go back over answers if you're finished quickly? Can't remember if you couldvo back on the original test.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Beginner to this

sillysocks wrote:
    Also, in Stage 2 is there an option to go back over answers if you're finished quickly? Can't remember if you couldvo back on the original test.

yes if you have time you can go back over answers. It automatically shuts off once time is up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭WilsonIRL

sillysocks wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there's any marks for speed in the Stage 2 tests or is it all just marked on the actual answers?

You're only marked an the number of correct answers given.

With regards to timing, each section is done in stages with a specific amount of time given for each stage. If you get to the end of the test with time to spare, you can always go back through the questions. Once the timer hits zero, the test automatically ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Ciaran

PaulaPanic wrote: »

You'd need to be reasonably comfortable working with numbers but you won't have to do trigonometry or calculus or anything like that. :)

Does anyone know... After the initial stage 2 testing in for dublin there was a panel and then they called a 2nd group...Where do the scored for the people in the 2nd group come in..... Say a person in the 2nd group had better scores than someone who finished in the top 100 but hadn't been taken on yet do they leap above them?

Did anyone else notice in the message that it said interviews commencing IN Limerick. Is this a typo I wonder or do the bring the interviews down?

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭eroc79

Did anyone else notice in the message that it said interviews commencing IN Limerick. Is this a typo I wonder or do the bring the interviews down?

Saw that too. I hope it's right. Getting fed up of going to Dublin for different things this past year

eroc79 wrote:
    Saw that too. I hope it's right. Getting fed up of going to Dublin for different things this past year

Be great to not have to travel. End up taking a day off work otherwise. Time will tell hopefully. Also anyone high up the ranks keep us in the loop if you get the nod for interview.

Ciaran wrote: »
    You'd need to be reasonably comfortable working with numbers but you won't have to do trigonometry or calculus or anything like that. :)

reasonably comfortable just about covers me I think. Fingers crossed for an interview anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Had Stage 2 today and was interesting to see about 15 no shows in my group. I'd say there was about 30 there so about 1/3 no shows. Wonder how many have dropped out overall compared with the original applicants!

Counting down to results now, so hard to know how you did.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Fear Ciarrai

PaulaPanic wrote:
    Oh good grief. Really?

yes! Mainly trying to make arrangements with companies in debt (for those that reply to your letter) or deciding what type of enforcement to take for those that dont pay!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Octoroo

Interviews in Limerick. All that passed the stage 2 will be interviewed. 6 interview panels. All interviews on Monday 2nd, Tuesday 3rd & Wednesday 4th of March.

Advertisement