Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭eroc79

Where's your information coming from?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭paddycakes

Octoroo wrote: »
    Interviews in Limerick. All that passed the stage 2 will be interviewed. 6 interview panels. All interviews on Monday 2nd, Tuesday 3rd & Wednesday 4th of March.

Great news for those that applied for Limerick!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Octoroo

Civil Servant in Limerick...

• Registered Users Posts: 17 laura13579

does anybody know when they plan on calling the west for stage 2???

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Beginner to this

Octoroo wrote:
    Interviews in Limerick. All that passed the stage 2 will be interviewed. 6 interview panels. All interviews on Monday 2nd, Tuesday 3rd & Wednesday 4th of March.

Great that we might all get an interview. Thought they would give more than a weeks notice for an interview though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 PaulaPanic

yes! Mainly trying to make arrangements with companies in debt (for those that reply to your letter) or deciding what type of enforcement to take for those that dont pay!

That sounds quite unpleasant.

Any info on where the jobs are. Are they all in Revenue?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Bottlescrew

Assuming 6 interviews per day (1 hour for interview and paperwork after), with 6 boards for 3 days, it could be 108 interviews. Does that tie in with the numbers who passed stage 2.
    I am 96, is there anyone out there over 100?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭bagel2010

Hi if anyone who has done the interviews previously could post the list of competencies they question you on id be very grateful Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Sinead Mc1

But the message says this:
    Those highest placed candidates will be invited to Stage 3 which will comprise an interview. Should your placed be reached we will be in contact with you in due course regarding details of your interview arrangements.

If everyone who got the email (who passed stage 2) was getting an interview why couldn't they just say that!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Idrive

Sinead Mc1 wrote: »
    Those highest placed candidates will be invited to Stage 3 which will comprise an interview. Should your placed be reached we will be in contact with you in due course regarding details of your interview arrangements.

If everyone who got the email (who passed stage 2) was getting an interview why couldn't they just say that!!

I know, not sure if the hearsay is helpful for the nerves :). I'm placed outside of 100 anyway and haven't heard jot yet. Would love if we all got a shot at an interview but I'm not sure that's realistic.

Idrive wrote: »
    I know, not sure if the hearsay is helpful for the nerves :). I'm placed outside of 100 anyway and haven't heard jot yet. Would love if we all got a shot at an interview but I'm not sure that's realistic.

Ya, the more time the better to prep! Its weird, a week feels like no time but its all the notice i got in previous interviews!!
    I'm hopeful enough for Lim/tipp, to be honest. Sarsfield house is a big place and the panel is running for 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Wicklowbob

I'm in the Dublin region and I got the call to check my references almost three weeks ago. Haven't heard anything since. Anyone else experienced a similar chronology?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 1celticphoenix

yes im still waiting about 3 weeks too. i know that they rang one of my referees but ive heard nothing from them since. strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Mackmatic

Is peoplepoint as bad as people are making out on here?

What kind of work is it? Thought I seen mention of some having no work and sitting there all day. Surely that's an exaggeration right?

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Cyclonius

Sinead Mc1 wrote: »

Hi Sinead. I was interviewed for the Dublin positions before Christmas. The competencies they covered were generally the ones mentioned in the following two documents I've attached to this post. (For the pdf, the Clerical Officer competencies are the last ones covered on the second page).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭showit

Mackmatic wrote: »
    Is peoplepoint as bad as people are making out on here?

What kind of work is it? Thought I seen mention of some having no work and sitting there all day. Surely that's an exaggeration right?

The work is Processing pay / HR instructions - repetitive stuff -

There's more than plenty of work to go around - the sitting around doing nothing relates mainly to the shambolic training setup for new starts

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭westmeath11

Hi All,
    I got the call for the Passo position in the prision service last week. I turned it down. I am still on the list for the general CO, aparently I could refure the prision service and keep my place for the CO. I asked the lady who called from the PAS and she said that they are mid 500's, I was early 600's so the call only releated to the Passo role but it should not be too long until I hear about the CO role.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Hello all. I applied for Galway/Clare, Mayo/Roscommon and Sligo/Leitrim/Longford. Ranked between 150 and 190 in the 3 of them. I assume the chances of getting called for Stage 2 are fairly slim at this stage? I emailed in November and at that stage there had been "no movement in the regional panels" apparently.

Cyclonius wrote: »
    Hi Sinead. I was interviewed for the Dublin positions before Christmas. The competencies they covered were generally the ones mentioned in the following two documents I've attached to this post. (For the pdf, the Clerical Officer competencies are the last ones covered on the second page).

Thank you so so much for going to the trouble of doing that Cyclonius. Very much appreciated!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭bagel2010

Cyclonius wrote: »

Cyclonius thanks very much for posting the competencies really appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Shelly33

For anyone who has completed interviews.. Do you put examples of competencies on the form you complete before interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 followmeup

Any sign of anyone getting called next week for interviews in Limerick?? If they are early next week its a very short notice period for people

Got the call today to check references for a Dublin position. They are in the early 600's. I turned it down, decided to wait for Westmeah. I asked and there is no movement there yet but for me it's worth waiting for something close to home.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭EmerG28

Shelly33 wrote: »
    For anyone who has completed interviews.. Do you put examples of competencies on the form you complete before interview?

Hi Shelly, no it's just your education and work experience in the form, just have your examples of competencies in your head and they'll ask you about them, best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭EmerG28

Got the call today to check references for a Dublin position. They are in the early 600's. I turned it down, decided to wait for Westmeah. I asked and there is no movement there yet but for me it's worth waiting for something close to home.

When did you do your interview?

EmerG28 wrote: »
    When did you do your interview?

I think it was the last week of November

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭junipergreen

Anyone else unable to log in to public jobs at the moment?

Anyone else unable to log in to public jobs at the moment?

Just checked and got this message ''No data received''. Looks like it is down

• Advertisement

followmeup wrote: »
    Any sign of anyone getting called next week for interviews in Limerick?? If they are early next week its a very short notice period for people

No sign here yet. Would be nice to know one way or the other.

Advertisement