Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭westmeath11

AStranger wrote: »
    If you dont turn up to the interview for one region could you still be called for interview in another?

I don't think so. I think that was your interview for all regions, I may be wrong.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Sup08

Anyone know what numbers are being called for stage 2 Dublin lately? Went back a few pages and can't find a number.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Unitedfandoc

Sup08 wrote: »
    Anyone know what numbers are being called for stage 2 Dublin lately? Went back a few pages and can't find a number.

Around the 2000 mark I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

I'm curious, are you guys giving your real numbers, or just thereabouts? If I were involved in the recruitment process, and following the threads, I'd probably be tempted to have a little look through post histories before/after the interviews. Just something to be aware of. :)

I'm not sure the people involved in the recruitment process for COs in the Public Service would be that bothered - BUT EVEN IF THEY WERE - the point of a competency-based interview is that you are marked only on what's 'on the form' (as in, do you meet the criteria...show us examples of how you demonstrated X and Y, etc) and what you say in the interview. No-one has the right to judge you on what you've said elsewhere, though no doubt it's a different scenario in private industry - if I've got a business and I'm considering employing you, I would want to find out as much as possible about you.

So I don't think anyone needs to lose sleep over post histories - and that's from a nosey-parker like me who finds people fascinating, and sometimes looks back over posters' previous contributions.:D
    They are looking at this thread, I can say that as a fact

Well, good for them. Hi, PAS people! We're watching you, too! Let's have a group hug.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

How long did people generally have to wait after Stage 2 tests for results?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭junipergreen

sillysocks wrote: »
    How long did people generally have to wait after Stage 2 tests for results?

I have a horrible feeling we might get them tomorrow, and after the crushing blow of the EO results, I just don't think I can take it right now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Snap!
    Although just want to know at this stage I think. I somehow managed to do quite well the first time, felt like a total fluke, so am hoping I don't rocket down the ranks :(

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭snoopy12

I think the supervisor at last weeks tests said that it would be March before the stage 2 results are issued. Would be great to know either way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

Well, good for them. Hi, PAS people! We're watching you, too! Let's have a group hug.

I wasn't talking about PAS. But it is worth being mindful, PAS and others have a lot of info, it can be fairly easy to find go accounts etc. Don't get a bad name before you start, just by stupid things posted on the Internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭WilsonIRL

Mails are going out for the second batch of interviews. Good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

Can I just ask, what the last batch of numbers were who were placed in jobs?

I just received word that I was successful at interview but my rank is quite low down so wondering if I'll be reached at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 piafe

Phew. Delighted to get through. Fingers crossed my number is reached. Well done jade182.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Unitedfandoc

Jade182 wrote: »
    Can I just ask, what the last batch of numbers were who were placed in jobs?

Someone in the 550s said they were called a couple weeks ago. Considering they're still calling people for stage 2 I would say you have a very good chance of being contacted.

Someone in the 550s said they were called a couple weeks ago. Considering they're still calling people for stage 2 I would say you have a very good chance of being contacted.

That is a cheerful thought, thank you :) It's been a stressful time of it because I really need this. Hope it's soon, so eager to get started!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭westmeath11

I was early 600's and got the call earlier this week

I was early 600's and got the call earlier this week

Even better :D You have made my heart happy today! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32 lizzy09

I just received word that I was successful at interview but my rank is quite low down so wondering if I'll be reached at all.

Weldone jade... I passed aswel!!! Also if there currently in the early 600s and say we're in the early 800s then that's 200 people but not all of those 200 will have passed there interview so maybe only like 50% (have no idea what percentage would have passed) passed which would mean there wld be 100 people in front of us on the panel.. Trying to look on the positive side :)

It's been a pretty good two days passed EO stage 1 (which I never thought I would) and now the CO interview!! I'm totally delighted :) Let the good fortune continue!!

lizzy09 wrote: »
    Weldone jade... I passed aswel!!! Also if there currently in the early 600s and say we're in the early 800s then that's 200 people but not all of those 200 will have passed there interview so maybe only like 50% (have no idea what percentage would have passed) passed which would mean there wld be 100 people in front of us on the panel.. Trying to look on the positive side :)

It's been a pretty good two days passed EO stage 1 (which I never thought I would) and now the CO interview!! I'm totally delighted :) Let the good fortune continue!!

Brilliant! Really hope we get placed soon. Do let me know when you've been placed, we've gone through all these rounds in the same group..if we end up in the same department we should get lunch together! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Sid Bear

Just found out today that I passed the interview stage.. Was not expecting that. :0) Late 600s here.

I wasn't talking about PAS. But it is worth being mindful, PAS and others have a lot of info, it can be fairly easy to find go accounts etc. Don't get a bad name before you start, just by stupid things posted on the Internet.

I've been a Clerical Officer for longer than some of the candidates have been alive :D

• Advertisement

Sid Bear wrote: »
    Just found out today that I passed the interview stage.. Was not expecting that. :0) Late 600s here.

Congratulations!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

I've been a Clerical Officer for longer than some of the candidates have been alive :D

I'm aware, my point was badly worded and not really directed at you directly

Brilliant! Really hope we get placed soon. Do let me know when you've been placed, we've gone through all these rounds in the same group..if we end up in the same department we should get lunch together! :D

Haha, I hope so too!!! Previously it seems to have been around 2/3 months between people having being notified they passed the interview and when they then get a date for commencing work, fingers crossed its still on that timeline!! Its all speculation at the mo anyways :) Wouldn't it be funny if we did end up in the same place after all this, lunch would be great!! :D

I'm aware, my point was badly worded and not really directed at you directly

No bother - and actually, I hope my post won't discourage/scare the living daylights out of people on this thread.

I didn't apply for promotion for years, because I was happy in my 'little' role - it suited me as I worked part-time and brought up children etc.

I applied for promotion on only one occasion, 4 years ago - because at the time, I (and lots of others) knew that I was more capable in my section than my boss at the time. I got high enough in the psychometric tests to get an interview, but wasn't successful. Feedback indicated I hadn't enough examples of work-based competencies compared to better candidates. The area I worked in at the time was sort of logistics-based - getting work done on time and efficiently was important, but it wasn't brain surgery - or anything like it. I did like that type of work though.

I had always said if I wasn't successful that time, I wouldn't put myself through the process again. I'm a happy enough in the area I'm in now (with a different manager - obviously!), and the standard is so high in my workplace that I honestly don't think I'm as good as others.

Luckily, because I joined the Public Service years ago, my rate of pay is a lot better than it is for Clerical Officers nowadays - but that fact doesn't make me happy, rather I feel ashamed that the recession has had such a negative impact on prospects for very good people who start in the Civil and Public Service these days. But then again, with Jobbridge and Internship - getting a job as a Clerical Officer is not only an achievement in the current climate - but a cause for celebration.

p.s. The reason I've stuck my oar into this thread is that one of my daughters was a candidate for Clerical Officer this time around. And then I got interested and wanted to cheer on the good people who've been posting on here!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Penguin100

Haha, I hope so too!!! Previously it seems to have been around 2/3 months between people having being notified they passed the interview and when they then get a date for commencing work, fingers crossed its still on that timeline!! Its all speculation at the mo anyways :) Wouldn't it be funny if we did end up in the same place after all this, lunch would be great!! :D

I got notification of having passed the interview at the end of October. Got a call at the end of January offering me a position. I accepted and am still waiting to hear back about a start date. So I am now four months after passing the interview. It's a slow process.

Penguin100 wrote: »
    I got notification of having passed the interview at the end of October. Got a call at the end of January offering me a position. I accepted and am still waiting to hear back about a start date. So I am now four months after passing the interview. It's a slow process.

Exactly as i was saying, It's all a matter of guess work :) The 2/3 months i was saying was an example of what i noticed happened to others earlier on and probably some recruited at the very beginning. Really, I'm just happy I passed and am hope full that within the next few months or by the end of the year to be starting in a new job :D

Best of luck when you eventually start in your new work place :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Wicklowbob

Does anyone know where the new people assigned to the Department of Social Protection are going?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Penguin100

Exactly as i was saying, It's all a matter of guess work :) The 2/3 months i was saying was an example of what i noticed happened to others earlier on and probably some recruited at the very beginning. Really, I'm just happy I passed and am hope full that within the next few months or by the end of the year to be starting in a new job :D

Best of luck when you eventually start in your new work place :)

Thanks, I'm looking forward to it. Just waiting on Garda vetting to come through so hopefully it won't be too long now.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭EmerG28

Did anyone's number change after interview? It said we're keeping the number we got at stage 2, which puts me in the high 700s. Also does anyone know how long recruitment is goin on for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Beginner to this

Just preparing for interview next week and it says you can be asked question on your assesment questionnaire, I stupidly never kept a copy. Can anyone remember what questions were on this?

Advertisement