Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Fooker

Sid Bear wrote: »
    Has anyone any rough idea as to the monthly take home pay for single person starting off as a CO?

It's 360 weekly, so about 1548 monthly.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭paddycakes

Fooker wrote: »
    It's 360 weekly, so about 1548 monthly.

Are you paid weekly?

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Fooker

paddycakes wrote: »
    Are you paid weekly?

No. I put the figures into a net pay calculator.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭dragonflyblue

Fooker wrote: »
    No. I put the figures into a net pay calculator.

As far as I know there are extra mandatory deductions for civil service such as pensions etc than there would be for private sector deductions so this figure may actually be less...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

How often are COs paid? Weekly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 mupmup

Hi guys,

I got word on Friday that I passed my interview for Dublin. I'm placed 700 on the panel for the supervised tests. Anyone have any idea to what number they have called up to as of yet to be placed?

Going back to the application form (I know - sorry!!!) I have basically experience of each of the competencies for each position I've held. So should I just say 'Team work', Delivery of results, etc, or pick one of the sentences such as adapted quickly to new ways of doing things and followed procedures/protocols, understanding their value & the rationale behind them..

I've never had to fill out one of these forms before - just CVs - so this is all very new to me and I've been out of the market for a good few years, so any help at all is very greatly appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Unitedfandoc

mupmup wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I got word on Friday that I passed my interview for Dublin. I'm placed 700 on the panel for the supervised tests. Anyone have any idea to what number they have called up to as of yet to be placed?
    I was early 600's and got the call earlier this week
    Going back to the application form (I know - sorry!!!) I have basically experience of each of the competencies for each position I've held. So should I just say 'Team work', Delivery of results, etc, or pick one of the sentences such as adapted quickly to new ways of doing things and followed procedures/protocols, understanding their value & the rationale behind them..

I've never had to fill out one of these forms before - just CVs - so this is all very new to me and I've been out of the market for a good few years, so any help at all is very greatly appreciated :)

They'll ask you to give examples of each of the competencies in the interview so I would have bullet points on your application form and then expand on those examples in the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

Thanks for the reply! Have you completed the application? Where would you think I should put it? Under the third level section it looks for the award you got, because I dropped out I got none. So not sure if I should put it here?

James: I'm semi-retired from the civil service- and unfortunately not aware of the application form that you have. Does it have a "remarks" section? Perhaps you could insert there if so, or you might just put 3rd year attendance in the award section. Sorry not sure if that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Getoffmytrain

Sid Bear wrote: »
    Has anyone any rough idea as to the monthly take home pay for single person starting off as a CO?

It's €348 paid weekly, so €1500 or so a month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

I'm paid fortnightly as a CO, although I work for an independent commission.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 LauraK85

Sorry, another question about the application form. Have you guys been deleting empty spaces or just leaving them blank. For example, I don't have any third level qualification, do I just leave the section blank or delete the section from the form to make it neater? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭EmerG28

LauraK85 wrote: »
    Sorry, another question about the application form. Have you guys been deleting empty spaces or just leaving them blank. For example, I don't have any third level qualification, do I just leave the section blank or delete the section from the form to make it neater? thanks

I jutst left mine blank Laura. Best of luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 41 LauraK85

EmerG28 wrote: »
    I jutst left mine blank Laura. Best of luck with it

Thank you Emer! Best of luck to you too!ðŸ˜႒

Thank you Emer! Best of luck to you too!ðŸ˜႒

Cheers, I got word on Friday I passed the interview so just waiting on the call now :)

I just left mine blank too.

Best of luck to everyone doing interviews!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 WC50

I was told I passed the interview last week! I'm guessing it will be summer until I get a job? I'm placed mid 600s btw.
    I can't wait to finish college and start earning some dollah bills (even if only a few).

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

WC50 wrote: »
    I was told I passed the interview last week! I'm guessing it will be summer until I get a job? I'm placed mid 600s btw.
    I can't wait to finish college and start earning some dollah bills (even if only a few).

Based on some previous posts, it seems early 600s are being placed now so it might be before summer for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Took myself out of the competition today formally. My interview was to be rescheduled and I just decided to not go forward. I realised I'm not in an interview mindset at the moment. I couldn't motivate myself. I'm in a job, I want to stay it for a while and be settled, the money is about the same, and being a clerical officer was something I couldn't get excited about.

If I had been able to go to the initial interview and had passed, I'd likely be placed by now as I was low 600s. But it wasn't to be. Hey, it's one more spot freed up in Dublin. (assuming I would have passed the interview, I guess!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

Tarzana2 wrote: »
    Took myself out of the competition today formally. My interview was to be rescheduled and I just decided to not go forward. I realised I'm not in an interview mindset at the moment. I couldn't motivate myself. I'm in a job, I want to stay it for a while and be settled, the money is about the same, and being a clerical officer was something I couldn't get excited about.

If I had been able to go to the initial interview and had passed, I'd likely be placed by now as I was low 600s. But it wasn't to be. Hey, it's one more spot freed up in Dublin. (assuming I would have passed the interview, I guess!)

I'm sorry to hear that Tarzana, knowing the grief you've been through during this process. May I wish you the best of luck and all the happiness life can give you.

Tarzana2 wrote: »

Best of luck to you for the future

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Beginner to this

Sorry to hear that Tarzana. Such a long process, we just dont know what can come up in the meantime.
    Best of luck to all starting interviews in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 DaisysB

Anyone else get Stage 2 results in Kerry yesterday, or know anything about it?
    I got placed in the 30's, hope it will progress to interviews :)

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭junipergreen

DaisysB wrote: »
    Anyone else get Stage 2 results in Kerry yesterday, or know anything about it?
    I got placed in the 30's, hope it will progress to interviews :)

Nicely done! You're in with a great chance of a job I'd say! What date did you do the supervised test? I'm waiting since the 29th Jan for Cork results.

Nicely done! You're in with a great chance of a job I'd say! What date did you do the supervised test? I'm waiting since the 29th Jan for Cork results.

Snap...me too!

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭junipergreen

paddycakes wrote: »
    Snap...me too!

When paddycakes?! When will they put us out of our misery?!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 DaisysB

Fingers crossed! Did the tests on Jan 28 & results came yesterday.

When paddycakes?! When will they put us out of our misery?!!!

Soon I hope.....I understand we have to wait...but....I'm not very good at waiting!

• Advertisement

DaisysB wrote: »
    Fingers crossed! Did the tests on Jan 28 & results came yesterday.

Oh maybe we'll hear today as we did the tests on the 29th! (wishful thinking)

Advertisement