Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

No text here - but like the above my deadline is tomorrow. Besides that, I only did Part A yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 aisinikins2121

Filled mine in Friday evening and haven't heard anything

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Anyone else get an unable to connect error on Part 1 - Section B?

Anyone else get an unable to connect error on Part 1 - Section B?

It says in the booklet there's a support link in the top right of the screen. And there's an email address in there too : passupport@savilleconsulting.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Thanks, got sorted regardless! Just went back in to messages and got the link again, started right where i left off. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 nleric

Hi all,
    does anyone know if there are any links to practice tests, that are similar to the tests in part B on the net?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭cocaholic

Done. Took about 20 minutes. Its not something you need to prepare for, just common sense will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

nleric wrote: »
    Hi all,
    does anyone know if there are any links to practice tests, that are similar to the tests in part B on the net?

Link is in the pre-test booklet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Is there any indication as to how long the new panel will be used for?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Mini

dawn8585 wrote: »
    did anybody else get a window between tues and fri?! iv only seen people mention fri-mon and mon-thurs! also im abroad next week so im presuming it will be ok to complete as its online it shouldnt matter?!

Hi,

I got Tuesday to Friday as my time frame. Can I also ask a stupid question - what happens once my time frame opens do I get another Message to confirm how to log in etc?

Thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Is there any indication as to how long the new panel will be used for?

It used be the case that a panel was constituted annually- aka, it was valid for 1 year. After the elapse of the year- anyone still unplaced, would not be placed- and would have to go again for the next competition. Rarely would a panel be exhausted- normally there would be a significant cohort left who wouldn't be placed.

Recently- with the embargo- panels have been left in situ for years (on occasion). I was on an AO ICT for at least 4 years, before it was disbanded.

It all depends on recruitment and how many staff are requested by the different employing bodies over the course of a year- if a panel were exhausted early- perhaps they (The Public Appointments Service) may hold special competitions to fill specific posts- out of sync with the annual competition cycle.

Its the sort of question you really need to as the PAS though- and even they may not have an answer for you- given the extremely unusual lack of recruitment over the past few years.

Mini wrote: »
    Hi,

I got Tuesday to Friday as my time frame. Can I also ask a stupid question - what happens once my time frame opens do I get another Message to confirm how to log in etc?

Thanks in advance

You'll get a text message telling you you have a new message in publicjobs.ie. There'll be a message there - when you're ready, open it and start the survey. I got my text on Friday afternoon and did the survey 24 hours later.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 nleric

Hi,
    thanks for your reply, I am aware that there are tests in the link provided in the email but, I am wondering if there are any other similar test available on the internet that can be used for some extra practice, if anyone has any links to any similar tests, please post them here.
    Thanks,
    Noel

• Registered Users Posts: 5 you_there

Was meant to start the test at 16.00

I've spent the last 15 minutes gritting my teeth as i get repeated connection errors.

(and no, it's nothing to do with my PC or my Modem...)

Pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Mini

Are you given a specific time to complete the test? I thought that you could do it any time within that window provided?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 sebbplatter

I am also unable to get past the first page of the assessment.

I selected English and then ticked the boxes to agree to these terms and understand the rules etc.

Using Chrome and it goes to an 'Unable to connect' page return.

Will have to email support it looks like. Very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Anyone else getting an "unable to connect!" when trying to do the assessment questionnaire?

Using Chrome and it goes to an 'Unable to connect' page return.

Exactly the same here.

How this can come down to anything other than poor planning/human fecklessness, id on't know.

Edit: Now i'm not even getting the unable to connect page.

Absolutely shambolic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,645 ✭✭✭Milly33

Im just trying to do mine there to and the same thing. Annoying so it is nothing to do with anything on my side like you, tried both chrome and switched on the pop up blocker going to try and email there

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

* 1600hrs 14th July: Server is experiencing very large traffic volumes. Please try your application later

From the Support/Tacaíocht tab on the top right corner.

• Advertisement

muppets..Planned my day around this... Fine back to the sun

Right so i got down to answering some actual questions...

And then it goes and crashes again.

Raging so i am.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 sebbplatter

It should just be taken offline completely until the server problems are sorted rather than have this happen whereby people gain partial access to the questionnaire and later have to start over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 maithancailin

getting same error

I'm turning into Malcolm Tucker here.

*livid*

I would think just go back later this evening or try again tomorrow there will be less people trying to connect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭head_honcho

No luck here either :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 AliBaba2010

So annoyed :( It's Stupid that they weren't ready for the high volume of people.
    I planned everything around this today, I wasn't expecting so many people jaysus.
    Feel like I've no chance now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lenoude

I was on 98% :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Lads I wouldn't be planning your day around this..

The questions are fairly basic fair, you don't need to do any prep for this and should take 30mins at most.

Relax and do it later.

At the end of the day it is just a glorified lottery as to who makes it to the next round.

Advertisement