Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Mrs cockett

For John starting in the Courts tomorrow, Good Luck and well for you!
    I am still waiting to hear about 2nd round in Westmeath, Galway or Roscommon

• Registered Users Posts: 6 john___2014

EmerG28 wrote: »
    When did you do your interview and when did you find out you passed etc? Best of luck to you :)

I did my interview was back in October and took about a week to hear back

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Beginner to this

Well done and good luck with the new role. Can I ask what place you were on the panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭EmerG28

Sorry for all the questions, were you waiting long for the call to check on references and then the starting date? I passed the interview so just wondering how long it all takes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 john___2014

EmerG28 wrote: »
    Sorry for all the questions, were you waiting long for the call to check on references and then the starting date? I passed the interview so just wondering how long it all takes.
    They said they were checking references maybe 4 weeks ago. Then they rang 2 weeks ago to say I was starting

• Advertisement

They said they were checking references maybe 4 weeks ago. Then they rang 2 weeks ago to say I was starting

Thank you :)

Im already pulling my hair out waiting for result of interview and it hasnt even been a week yet. This is going to be a very long month :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭hemijonson

Im already pulling my hair out waiting for result of interview and it hasnt even been a week yet. This is going to be a very long month :-/

I am the exact same!! Done interview last Wednesday and I have myself in a hoop waiting!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 abbywell

I feel like I'm never going to hear. I think the interview went very badly. and I'd love know one way or another! My interview last week for Limk/Tipp too.

why do you feel it went badly abbeywell? I'm not really sure either way to be honest. It all felt a bit informal tbh and I don't know if my answers were detailed enough or even relevant!

• Advertisement

hemijonson wrote: »
    I am the exact same!! Done interview last Wednesday and I have myself in a hoop waiting!

I was waiting just under 3 weeks, was expecting to be waiting longer, got a surprise when I got the mail!!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 dublin20156

Hi, im starting tomorrow in the courts. Im wondering what the dress code is on my first day. Thanks

Hi John. How did your first day go?

EmerG28 wrote:
    I was waiting just under 3 weeks, was expecting to be waiting longer, got a surprise when I got the mail!!

oh God another 2 weeks of this :)!!

oh God another 2 weeks of this :)!!

Sorry :/ Probably shouldn't have told ya. Try not to think about it, I know it's tough but put to to the back of your mind!

EmerG28 wrote:
    Sorry :/ Probably shouldn't have told ya. Try not to think about it, I know it's tough but put to to the back of your mind!

Ha ha that's ok. Have a wedding Thursday so at least thats the end of the week sorted ;)

Ha ha that's ok. Have a wedding Thursday so at least thats the end of the week sorted ;)

Lol, weekend sorted more like :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 globcar

Peoplepoint seems to be where lot are going from what I be heard. Clonskeagh seems to be exspensive for rent but I ll just have to manage. I think I'm getting ahead of myself! I just want to get in to the service and get on with the rest of my life. This is a great place to talk to people who know what you're going through. Hang in there everyone!!

PEOPLEPOINT OR PEOPLENOPOINT WOULD BE A BETTER NAME FOR IT.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭forzawexford10

Does anybody know wha is the highest number to get called to stage 2 for Waterford/Wexford and Kilkenny/Carlow

i am ranked 105 in both and emailed PAS about 6 weeks ago to see what the current cut off point is but got no reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 abbywell

hemijonson;94611703]why do you feel it went badly abbeywell? I'm not really sure either way to be honest. It all felt a bit informal tbh and I don't know if my answers were detailed enough or even relevant!

I felt it was very rushed and I didn't get across the experience that I have, and I did a lot of waffling!Its disappointing because I had done a lot of preparation for it. I have no idea what the pass rate is usually for the interview, or how high the pass standard is, so the wait seems interminable!

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

Does anybody know wha is the highest number to get called to stage 2 for Waterford/Wexford and Kilkenny/Carlow

i am ranked 105 in both and emailed PAS about 6 weeks ago to see what the current cut off point is but got no reply.

I emailed PAS a while back and was told up to no. 72 were called for stage 2 for Waterford/Wexford.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Deehalligan

Just wondering how long people were waiting to hear back about stage 2 results. I had mine 3 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cmap

Did stage 2 on Jan 30th and still waiting! :(

cmap wrote: »
    Did stage 2 on Jan 30th and still waiting! :(

Oh no!! I hate all the waiting.

Just wondering how long people were waiting to hear back about stage 2 results. I had mine 3 weeks ago.

I would presume it depends how quick they want people. Did mine 27th of Jan, was told results in March but got them 18th of Feb. Notice for interview 25th of Feb and interview 5th of March. All very quick seen as hadnt heard anything since last August.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭paddycakes

Oh no!! I hate all the waiting.

Jan 29th here and still waiting!

I would presume it depends how quick they want people. Did mine 27th of Jan, was told results in March but got them 18th of Feb. Notice for interview 25th of Feb and interview 5th of March. All very quick seen as hadnt heard anything since last August.

That was really quick. I've not heard anything yet :( How was the interview?

That was really quick. I've not heard anything yet  How was the interview?

Ya Im delighted its moving so quick. Ok I think, so hard to tell with these things because its just pass or fail. I was quite nervous so I hope that doesnt go against me. They said end of the month anyway and we will know. Waiting is killing me already though. Hopefully you wont be waiting too much longer.

Ya Im delighted its moving so quick. Ok I think, so hard to tell with these things because its just pass or fail. I was quite nervous so I hope that doesnt go against me. They said end of the month anyway and we will know. Waiting is killing me already though. Hopefully you wont be waiting too much longer.

Best of luck with it anyway. was it group or individual interview? I'm hoping I'll be called for interview at some point assuming I passed :)

Best of luck with it anyway. was it group or individual interview? I'm hoping I'll be called for interview at some point assuming I passed 

Thanks Dee. Individual with two people on the panel. The main thing is to have good examples for the competencies (assuming I pass of course). Good luck with the rest of the process.

• Advertisement

I'm the same. Done stage 2 on 27th and had interview on the 4th of March. Couldn't believe how fast it all was considering how slow it was up until stage 2.

Advertisement