Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

Has anyone else since been given a placement? It seems to have all but stopped for people receiving placements...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 41 LauraK85

Just got results of interview for Limerick/Tipp! I passed, best of luck to everyone else!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Tina82

Passed Tipp / limerick interview.....woohoooo....another step closer !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭bagel2010

Hi passed lim tipp interview thanks everyone for all help given

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭hemijonson

Aagh me too!! God my heart is pounding! I was no.30 so hoping that I'll get called fairly quick!! Best of luck all..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭dragonflyblue

I passed the Limerick/Tipp interview stage too!! Now just have to wait to hear from them re: where the jobs will be and when, etc....

Thanks to everyone here for all the advice :)

We're nearly there folks!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Beginner to this

hemijonson wrote:
    Aagh me too!! God my heart is pounding! I was no.30 so hoping that I'll get called fairly quick!! Best of luck all..

Same here, passed aswell. Couldnt be happier :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭eroc79

Can't believe the results came out so quick. Passed. Woohoo. Really hope cork stage 2 results come out soon so I can make an informed decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭EmerG28

Well done everyone :)

Does anyone who passed interview today know if references were contacted? Boss was being a bit odd today and now that I have results I am wondering is there a connection. Really hope not as I wanted to let him know first.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

Does anyone who passed interview today know if references were contacted? Boss was being a bit odd today and now that I have results I am wondering is there a connection. Really hope not as I wanted to let him know first.

They'll contact you before contacting references.

They'll contact you before contacting references.

Great thanks, dreading the conversation as it is without them beating me too it.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Sinead Mc1

Best day ever! Passed. Was full sure I was a goner after the mistake on my application. Miserable cow all weekend! Thrilled to bits now. Whoop!

Ya pretty sure they contact you before hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭WilsonIRL

Jade182 wrote: »
    Has anyone else since been given a placement? It seems to have all but stopped for people receiving placements...:(

I was wondering, is there anyone here currently doing training? I was thinking if the training centres for new COs in Dublin are currently at capacity then there wouldn't be any reason to start checking referees or offer placements until the training programs are a few weeks from finishing.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Sid Bear

eroc79 wrote: »
    Can't believe the results came out so quick. Passed. Woohoo. Really hope cork stage 2 results come out soon so I can make an informed decision.

I applied for Dublin.. Kildare/Wicklow.. and Laois Offaly...but after stage 2 they only updated my placing for Dublin which jumped 600 places but not my other two choices. Has anyone any idea why that is or has anyone been offered jobs in those two areas?

Sid Bear wrote: »
    I applied for Dublin.. Kildare/Wicklow.. and Laois Offaly...but after stage 2 they only updated my placing for Dublin which jumped 600 places but not my other two choices. Has anyone any idea why that is or has anyone been offered jobs in those two areas?

Have these regions been called to stage 2. They can only give you your placing in these regions once everyone else has done stage 2 also.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭WilsonIRL

Sid Bear wrote: »

I applied for Kildare/Wicklow and Kerry but i've not heard a thing about either of them since the Stage 1 results.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 WhoIsTheCoon

For those waiting on stage 2 results for Cork region, I emailed PAS and they replied saying, "We hope to issue stage 2 results for the Cork region this month".

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭paddycakes

For those waiting on stage 2 results for Cork region, I emailed PAS and they replied saying, "We hope to issue stage 2 results for the Cork region this month".

Cheers for that....gonna be a long month waiting!!

• Advertisement

They said the same about the Limerick/tipp results when I did stage 2 on Jan 26 and we've already gotten results, done the interviews and been told we've passed or failed so what's the hold up for Cork.

eroc79 wrote: »
    Have these regions been called to stage 2. They can only give you your placing in these regions once everyone else has done stage 2 also.

Well most people that applied for Kildare Wicklow also applied for Dublin and so I'd say most have already done stage 2; perhaps not so much the case with Laois/Offaly/Westmeath. Like you said maybe there are a few who've not applied to Dublin and they need to process those...it makes sense - but that being said I'd imagine the departments outside of Dublin are just as eager to recruit as those based in Dublin. I got a call the other day saying that they'd be checking references soon but depending on the placement I might not be able to accept as am based outside of Dublin so I might take the chance that something comes up in one of the other regions. It's just a pity that unlike Dublin... we've no idea at all as to how many jobs are going in other areas, at least then we could take an educated gamble by refusing an offer and waiting on one closer to home....based on our placing.

Sid Bear wrote:

I also applied for Laois/Offaly and have heard nothing for that

Sid Bear wrote:
    Well most people that applied for Kildare Wicklow also applied for Dublin and so I'd say most have already done stage 2; perhaps not so much the case with Laois/Offaly/Westmeath. Like you said maybe there are a few who've not applied to Dublin and they need to process those...it makes sense - but that being said I'd imagine the departments outside of Dublin are just as eager to recruit as those based in Dublin. I got a call the other day saying that they'd be checking references soon but depending on the placement I might not be able to accept as am based outside of Dublin so I might take the chance that something comes up in one of the other regions. It's just a pity that unlike Dublin... we've no idea at all as to how many jobs are going in other areas, at least then we could take an educated gamble by refusing an offer and waiting on one closer to home....based on our placing.

Totally agree. I applied for Westmeath Laois/Offaly and Limerick/Tipperary. I live in Offaly and while Tipp would be perfect but realistically Limerick would be too far. But if I get offered Limerick I'd be afraid to refuse in case nothing nearer comes up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Mhana

hemijonson wrote: »
    Totally agree. I applied for Westmeath Laois/Offaly and Limerick/Tipperary. I live in Offaly and while Tipp would be perfect but realistically Limerick would be too far. But if I get offered Limerick I'd be afraid to refuse in case nothing nearer comes up

I'm in a similar position - does anyone know about the possibility of transferring from one area to another after taking up a post in the initial area for a while? Is that possible? If I get offered a spot I'd hate to turn it down and end up with no post.

hemijonson wrote: »

It's a pity the way it works in that regard. I was originally placed around the 300s after stage 1 for Laois/Offaly/Westmeath and similar for Kildare/Wicklow but have no idea how far I bumped up after stage 2. Plus many of those ahead of me may have accepted jobs in Dublin. It's frustrating but that's how it goes. Just for the fun I priced how much a monthly rail ticket would cost me to commute from Laois.... almost 350 euro a month (yikes). Anyway am still delighted I made it this far. Will just have to see what am offered.

Mhana wrote: »
    I'm in a similar position - does anyone know about the possibility of transferring from one area to another after taking up a post in the initial area for a while? Is that possible? If I get offered a spot I'd hate to turn it down and end up with no post.

As far as I"m aware you'll have to wait about three years before you can look for a transfer. I think it used to be a shorter period.

They've startedthe clearance process for lim/tipp. Just had a phone call from PAS

eroc79 wrote:
    They've startedthe clearance process for lim/tipp. Just had a phone call from PAS

Great news, can I ask roughly what number you are?

• Advertisement

Great news, can I ask roughly what number you are?

Top 15

Advertisement