Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭dragonflyblue

Just got the call there too for the clearance process for Limerick/Tipperary. Referees to be contacted in the next day or so. I heard there were about 50 jobs going in Revenue from a sister of a TCO who is working in there and they're being let go soon. Did anyone else here this?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Beginner to this

eroc79 wrote:
    Top 15

Thanks for that, Im 30s so prob another bit away. Anyone else that gets the nod, let us know. Good luck with your new job :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭eroc79

Thanks for that, Im 30s so prob another bit away. Anyone else that gets the nod, let us know. Good luck with your new job :-)

I'm probably going to decline so one closer for you. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Beginner to this

eroc79 wrote:
    I'm probably going to decline so one closer for you. Best of luck.

Quicker than I imagined. Just got the call. Hope Cork comes up for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭hemijonson

Yep got the call too. God I'm praying it's somewhere in Tipp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 dawn8585

Im in a job for the last 5 years and would only want to take the clerical position if the location suited.

Do i choose my own references or does my current employer HAVE to be one?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭hemijonson

I know this has prob been asked a gazillion times but anyone know the time frame between clearance and job offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 keowny8

I think there is a multitude of answers as people have different experiences.

These jobs are allegedly for Revenue in Sarsfield house. They're taking on quick.

There's 100 odd TCO's leaving on March 27th and there's 25 CO's being transferred to Ennis....

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Sid Bear

dawn8585 wrote: »
    Im in a job for the last 5 years and would only want to take the clerical position if the location suited.

I think your current employer has to be one... as they asked for evidence from me that my last job was indeed my last job.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Sid Bear

dawn8585 wrote: »

I think your current employer has to be one... as they asked for evidence from me to show that my last job was indeed my last job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 shluffles

For those waiting on stage 2 results for Cork region, I emailed PAS and they replied saying, "We hope to issue stage 2 results for the Cork region this month".

Thanks for that, WhoIsTheCoon. I was thinking of emailing them myself earlier but thought I'd wait a couple more days. They did say March when I sat the tests in late January, and to be honest, I don't like that 'we hope'...it sounds as if they're not sure they will!

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Sinead Mc1

How did they contact you all with job offers. By phone or email? No reception at work.

Sinead Mc1 wrote: »
    How did they contact you all with job offers. By phone or email? No reception at work.

Phone but they left a message to call back when I missed it

• Registered Users Posts: 11 WhoIsTheCoon

Cork results are out for stage 2! My verbal not the greatest but the other 2 allowed me to creep up 9 places! Some movement at last

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭junipergreen

Cork stage 2 results are out! Check your message boards people!

Happy days and i passed the interview for Limerick so I don't need to do one for cork. One less stress.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭paddycakes

eroc79 wrote: »
    Happy days.

Yay!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

I moved up about 50 places in the Cork region.

I've already interviewed for and declined a Dublin job. They'll hardly make me interview again for Cork will they?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Deehalligan

well done to all. when did you do the ones in Cork? I'm still waiting for stage 2, not sure which location I was called for as applied for few locations and invite to stage 2 didn't specify what area I was being called for.

well done to all. when did you do the ones in Cork? I'm still waiting for stage 2, not sure which location I was called for as applied for few locations and invite to stage 2 didn't specify what area I was being called for.

End of January

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭paddycakes

Did mine on Jan 29th.

thanks guys. another while to go for my results then, didn't do mine until February 17th :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

thanks guys. another while to go for my results then, didn't do mine until February 17th :(

That might have been for Waterford/Wex if you applied for those. I did my tests for them on 20th Feb. No results yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭EmerG28

Meathlass wrote: »
    I moved up about 50 places in the Cork region.

I've already interviewed for and declined a Dublin job. They'll hardly make me interview again for Cork will they?

What number were you on the panel for Dublin if you don't mind me asking?

sillysocks wrote: »
    That might have been for Waterford/Wex if you applied for those. I did my tests for them on 20th Feb. No results yet!

I applied for Dublin, Laois/ Offaly/ Westmeath and Galway.

EmerG28 wrote: »
    What number were you on the panel for Dublin if you don't mind me asking?

I actually can't remember! Around the 200 mark I think.

I'd selected the airport job though as well and that's what I was offered and turned down so I think I was in the top 50 for the airport jobs.

Will probably be turning down Cork too if offered - €20,000 is not enough, especially with jobs prospects picking up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Ch0pp3r

Hi everyone, great info on the thread, thanks!
    I applied for Donegal area only and sat round 2 early feb.
    Does anyone have any idea when results may be posted?
    Anyone heard anything for this area?

Has anyone heard of their reference's being rang regarding Limerick/Tipp region?

Also what is involved in the clearance side of things?

keowny8 wrote: »
    Also what is involved in the clearance side of things?

Garda Clearance

• Advertisement

Is that Garda Vetting and do you have to wait for that to come back before you will be offered?

Garda Vetting takes forever to be returned.

Advertisement