Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

Yes, Garda vetting, about a 3 week wait at the moment but they'll have to check your references as well.

I think you do have to wait but with Dublin they had departments taking large numbers so they were trying to get everyone to start at the one time to do the training together.

Just sit back and relax, no amount of rushing will hurry it up unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 shluffles

Cork stage 2 results are out! Check your message boards people!

Thanks, guys, for posting this info. For some reason, I didn't receive the message alert and when I read your posts my heart sank, so I was nervous when going in to check my messages, expecting an "I regret..." email.

I was convinced I'd messed up, especially the numerical, but I actually moved up some places! So, yes, happy days!!

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭junipergreen

shluffles wrote: »
    Thanks, guys, for posting this info. For some reason, I didn't receive the message alert and when I read your posts my heart sank, so I was nervous when going in to check my messages, expecting an "I regret..." email.

I was convinced I'd messed up, especially the numerical, but I actually moved up some places! So, yes, happy days!!

Usually I don't get the email until hours after the message is posted to public jobs so I rely on the kindness of boardsies to let me know when they're in. For some reason it came through straight away today. Yay! Well done btw :)

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭eroc79

Getting a bit ahead of myself here, I know, but I'm a bit excited that in a few weeks some of us on here could be working together.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭junipergreen

eroc79 wrote: »
    Getting a bit ahead of myself here, I know, but I'm a bit excited that in a few weeks some of us on here could be working together.

We can all pin a white carnation to our lapel for the first week to identify ourselves to our fellow boardsies ;) Also getting ahead of myself here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 followmeup

Anybody know what the working environment is like in the revenue office in Sarsfield house??

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Beginner to this

followmeup wrote:
    Anybody know what the working environment is like in the revenue office in Sarsfield house??

I know a few people working there and were very encouraging when I was originally thinking of applying.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Shelly33

Any idea what number on the tipp/limerick panel have been contacted in regards to having their references checked?

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Sinead Mc1

Yes, I'd love to know this too. Last number reached on here was in the 30s I think. Anyone any higher?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭denmar

Does any one know how many people are required in the Cork region and how many they would then interview ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 dublin20156

Anyone got any idea how many have been called for clearance for Dublin? Things seem to have got very quiet

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Sid Bear

Anyone got any idea how many have been called for clearance for Dublin? Things seem to have got very quiet

Well I'm late 600's and was told I should get an offer in a matter of weeks...

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭dragonflyblue

Hi there, anyone know the kind of jobs going in revenue in sarsfield house in limerick? Are they just all desk jobs, like working away at a desk all day, or working with the public all day or on phones all day or is it a combination of all the above or are people allocated to a particular one of the above and that's it?? Just wondering as it might be nice dealing with the public face to face, although working just on a computer, etc, with no interaction from the greater public per se would probably be a much easier job to do??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

Hi there, anyone know the kind of jobs going in revenue in sarsfield house in limerick? Are they just all desk jobs, like working away at a desk all day, or working with the public all day or on phones all day or is it a combination of all the above or are people allocated to a particular one of the above and that's it?? Just wondering as it might be nice dealing with the public face to face, although working just on a computer, etc, with no interaction from the greater public per se would probably be a much easier job to do??

A CO in Sarsfield house wouldn't be working face to face with the public. Probably in contact with taxpayers or their agents a lot, but via phone / email.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 dublin20156

Sid Bear wrote: »

JESUS! Who told you that? I'm early 700's and haven't heard a whisper

A CO in Sarsfield house wouldn't be working face to face with the public. Probably in contact with taxpayers or their agents a lot, but via phone / email.

Thanks for that barneystinson.

Is it more of a query based thing or complaints?

Anyone know if the lpt jobs are going to ennis or staying in limerick?

And has anyone heard about any jobs going in tipp or are they all in revenue in sarsfield how'rese in limerick?

Thanks again...
    B

Hi everybody. Just to let you know they've reached the early sixties for reference for Lim/Tipp. Not long now!!!

Sinead Mc1 wrote:
    Hi everybody. Just to let you know they've reached the early sixties for reference for Lim/Tipp. Not long now!!!

Thats great news, sounds like a lot of us will be having lunch together :-)

Sounds good! Tipp really wouldn't make sense for me so hoping and praying its somewhere in Limerick!!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭bagel2010

Hi congrats to anyone who has been called just wondering when do they tell you if it tipp or limerick u have a place in is it after they contact references/garda vettting or before havent been called yet myself in the 90s

• Advertisement

bagel2010 wrote:
    Hi congrats to anyone who has been called just wondering when do they tell you if it tipp or limerick u have a place in is it after they contact references/garda vettting or before havent been called yet myself in the 90s

Its after I assume as I got the call on Wednesday to check references. There has been no official offer made yet.

That's the tricky thing for those who are currently working. Like they'd have to let their current employer know to expect a call for a reference ie they're probably going to be jumping ship, only then if they find out where the job is and it doesn't suit well then they're really stuck - do they go back grovelling to their boss or take the new position anyway? Really tough decision to make. I am not working at the moment so won't have that problem, but wonder how the rest of ye will be dealing with this...

For those of you who have already accepted official offers in other regions were ye told what section ye would be going to in the place, ie particular offices or sections within each place, like I don't know, like the CGT section in revenue, or was it just the name of the place. Were ye told of the full package such as flexi time arrangements, etc or did ye have to wait until ye started to find out all of that? Just wondering there when we will have the full picture....

That's the tricky thing for those who are currently working. Like they'd have to let their current employer know to expect a call for a reference ie they're probably going to be jumping ship, only then if they find out where the job is and it doesn't suit well then they're really stuck - do they go back grovelling to their boss or take the new position anyway? Really tough decision to make. I am not working at the moment so won't have that problem, but wonder how the rest of ye will be dealing with this...

That is tricky but in saying that people knew there was a chance it could be x or y. I only put down Lim/Tipp as these were the only places I would be willing to take. Had the "chat" with my boss and he was very nice about it. I suppose different story if I had to go back grovelling. Are there that many people that will have this issue??

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Octoroo

Has anyone heard of their boss being rang yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

Sid Bear wrote: »

Who did you ask about this? This is big news if it's true!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 angelica4545

Donegal results for stage 2 are out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Danielle D

For those of you who have already accepted official offers in other regions were ye told what section ye would be going to in the place, ie particular offices or sections within each place, like I don't know, like the CGT section in revenue, or was it just the name of the place. Were ye told of the full package such as flexi time arrangements, etc or did ye have to wait until ye started to find out all of that? Just wondering there when we will have the full picture....

When I got my offer I was contacted by the specific department to see if I was available to start training on such a date and the length of time the training would take/location of training. Once I accepted offer over phone contract outlining hours, flexi etc was emailed. Didn't find out what section of department until first day of training. Hope this answers your questions. Any more just shout :)

Danielle D wrote: »
    When I got my offer I was contacted by the specific department to see if I was available to start training on such a date and the length of time the training would take/location of training. Once I accepted offer over phone contract outlining hours, flexi etc was emailed. Didn't find out what section of department until first day of training. Hope this answers your questions. Any more just shout :)

Thanks Danielle for all that info!

• Advertisement

Hi Danielle. Can you tell me what your actual cash in hand take home pay is, if you don't mind . I know this was covered before but can't find it.

Advertisement