Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭EmerG28

Any word on what number they've gotten to in Dublin? Seems to have gone quiet :/

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Beginner to this

Sinead Mc1 wrote:
    Anyone's reference contacted via email? Mine was. An email was sent with a form to fill out. Awkward enough as I deal with his emails and usually pp everything. I had to keep saying "don't forget to deal with that email there". We'd a laugh about it in the end and he filled it out beside me. Still though, I presumed references were been contacted by phone. Bit informal. The form was really basic. Not complaining though!!

Just found out today that mine was contacted by email aswel with a form. He didnt say whether he had missed calls from them or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

EmerG28 wrote: »
    Any word on what number they've gotten to in Dublin? Seems to have gone quiet :/

It would seem that no one else that frequents this forum has been called for Dublin yet. I must admit I've been pestering everyone on-and-off for the last couple of weeks :rolleyes: Seems to be outside of Dublin that's being focused on now.

Fingers crossed this week brings more news!

Jade182 wrote: »
    It would seem that no one else that frequents this forum has been called for Dublin yet. I must admit I've been pestering everyone on-and-off for the last couple of weeks :rolleyes: Seems to be outside of Dublin that's being focused on now.

Fingers crossed this week brings more news!

Thanks Jade. Am in the late 700s so could be waiting another while! I was going to ring them but worried they might think I'm pushy and annoying and change their minds lol

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭WilsonIRL

Thanks Jade. Am in the late 700s so could be waiting another while! I was going to ring them but worried they might think I'm pushy and annoying and change their minds lol

I'm in the late 700s too. This waiting is starting to get a little torturous though I think it's mostly because i want to get out of my current job lol. It's been almost 8 months since i first applied.

• Advertisement

WilsonIRL wrote: »
    I'm in the late 700s too. This waiting is starting to get a little torturous though I think it's mostly because i want to get out of my current job lol. It's been almost 8 months since i first applied.

Sure is. Been 3 weeks now since I heard I passed interview, told myself that day it could be a long wait!!! That didn't help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 maem

Has anyone heard anything about Limerick? I'm in the 90's and haven't heard anything since I passed the interview. Also have Laois/Offaly or Carlow/Kilkenny been called for stage 2 yet? I'm really hoping that they get moving as I'll be higher up their lists.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭hemijonson

maem wrote:
    Has anyone heard anything about Limerick? I'm in the 90's and haven't heard anything since I passed the interview. Also have Laois/Offaly or Carlow/Kilkenny been called for stage 2 yet? I'm really hoping that they get moving as I'll be higher up their lists.

Got call from PAS on the 11th (day after found out about passing interview) in regards to garda clearance and contacting references. my employer was contacted last monday but have heard nothing since. Assuming that they'll wait til clearance is through before contacting again.

Sure is. Been 3 weeks now since I heard I passed interview, told myself that day it could be a long wait!!! That didn't help :)

I wish they could tell us how far they estimate the recruitment will go. Early 800's here and I'm applying to everything to try and get employed but some part of me remains hopeful that I wont need to rely on this (increasingly desperate) job hunt.

If they could tell me 'We definitely wont reach your number this year' at least, I could at least put away my hopes and fully focus elsewhere :(

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Kerry987

Has anyone been called for interview for kerry region? 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 DaisysB

Kerry987 wrote: »
    Has anyone been called for interview for kerry region? 😊

I'm wondering the same...I'm in the 30s & no word yet.
    It would be great if anyone had an idea...

I wish they could tell us how far they estimate the recruitment will go. Early 800's here and I'm applying to everything to try and get employed but some part of me remains hopeful that I wont need to rely on this (increasingly desperate) job hunt.

If they could tell me 'We definitely wont reach your number this year' at least, I could at least put away my hopes and fully focus elsewhere :(

Yeah must be frustrating. I'm in full time employment so I'm lucky. Wouldnt like to be waiting otherwise. If I hear anything I'll let you know straight away. Keep the head up anyway 😊

Just got a call there from Sarsfield House in Limerick seeing if I could start training next Monday. I told her I couldn't as I had to give employer notice and she was super nice saying no problem that next start date would be middle of April. Anyone else get a call? is it a bit strange I haven't actually got an official offer?

Just got a call there from Sarsfield House in Limerick seeing if I could start training next Monday. I told her I couldn't as I had to give employer notice and she was super nice saying no problem that next start date would be middle of April. Anyone else get a call? is it a bit strange I haven't actually got an official offer?

hemijonson wrote:

Great news, well done. Did she give you a specific date to start after your notice finishes?

Great news, well done. Did she give you a specific date to start after your notice finishes?

Nope she just said that she thinks next date for training is middle of April. It was very informal though

hemijonson wrote:
    Nope she just said that she thinks next date for training is middle of April. It was very informal though

That sounds very odd. I thought it would be specific dates once they ring. At least you know there is movement anyway.

That sounds very odd. I thought it would be specific dates once they ring. At least you know there is movement anyway.

Ya exactly but just find it strange that I never got a call from pas offering me the position

hemijonson wrote:
    Ya exactly but just find it strange that I never got a call from pas offering me the position

As far as I know and from previous posters on here in the Dublin region, it was the specific department that contacted them about a placement. Im open to correction though.

As far as I know and from previous posters on here in the Dublin region, it was the specific department that contacted them about a placement. Im open to correction though.

Oh right, just assumed because she never actually offered me position or gave me any info that it was a bit random. She literally just rang and said she was from revenue in sarsfield house and was ringing to see was I available to start training next Monday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭paddycakes

Afternoon!!

Anyone hear anything about interviews in Cork yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Holysock

For the Dublin people out there, I'm late 600s and got a letter from PAS this morning about a position. So it hasn't stopped :)

Holysock wrote: »
    For the Dublin people out there, I'm late 600s and got a letter from PAS this morning about a position. So it hasn't stopped :)

Congrats!! When did you get word you passed interview?

Holysock wrote: »

That's the first I've heard in awhile. This news is like a glimmer in the dark, thank you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mupmup

Yep same here guys. I was placed 700 in Dublin & got a letter this morning about a position. Absolutely chuffed!

That's the first I've heard in awhile. This news is like a glimmer in the dark, thank you :D

Excitement building again Jade :)

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Lisa2011

hemijonson wrote: »

Best of Luck with the job. I applied too but my ranking was 1062 for the regions I picked.

I know all about Sarsfield House as I am a TCO there for nearly a year finishing this Friday.

So I got on to pas there and just for anyone wondering bout Limerick/Tipp region apparently Sarsfield House are the positions going in the region. Also for anyone wondering bout Laois/Offaly/Westmeath there's no movement at all there at the min.

Lisa2011 wrote:
    I know all about Sarsfield House as I am a TCO there for nearly a year finishing this Friday.

Aww no :(. Hate to sound cheeky but how did you find working environment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Tina82

anyone any idea of how many positions in Sarsfield House ??

Advertisement