Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Sid Bear

mupmup wrote: »
    Yep same here guys. I was placed 700 in Dublin & got a letter this morning about a position. Absolutely chuffed!

Ah there must be a letter waiting for me at home. Any hint at where they're offering? Late 600s here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mupmup

Sid Bear wrote: »
    Ah there must be a letter waiting for me at home. Any hint at where they're offering? Late 600s here.

How do you feel about public expenditure???

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭WilsonIRL

mupmup wrote: »
    Yep same here guys. I was placed 700 in Dublin & got a letter this morning about a position. Absolutely chuffed!

Congrats on the job offer. May i ask, how long ago did they tell you they were checking your references?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mupmup

WilsonIRL wrote: »
    Congrats on the job offer. May i ask, how long ago did they tell you they were checking your references?

They didn't tell me they were checkin references. I just got a letter this mornin & have to bring references with me the day I start.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Lisa2011

hemijonson wrote: »
    Aww no :(. Hate to sound cheeky but how did you find working environment?

Its a great place to work. The people I work with make it that great place to work. Some are staying as they got the job and the rest are finishing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Sinead Mc1

Just got a call there from Sarsfield House in Limerick seeing if I could start training next Monday. I told her I couldn't as I had to give employer notice and she was super nice saying no problem that next start date would be middle of April. Anyone else get a call? is it a bit strange I haven't actually got an official offer?

Got this call at lunchtime also. I too had to decline due to notice. Hopefully we won't be forgotten about come April. Lady I spoke to was lovely as well. Probably the same lady you spoke too.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭hemijonson

Sinead Mc1 wrote:
    Got this call at lunchtime also. I too had to decline due to notice. Hopefully we won't be forgotten about come April. Lady I spoke to was lovely as well. Probably the same lady you spoke too.

God I hope we wont be forgotten about! I've handed in my notice cos I had to give at least 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭dragonflyblue

Congratulations folks!!! That's great news! I'm sure there are plenty others who will be holding off until April too so you'll be fine...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Trying to be patient on waiting for results from stage 2 for Waterford/Wexford but patience is running out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Deehalligan

sillysocks wrote: »
    Trying to be patient on waiting for results from stage 2 for Waterford/Wexford but patience is running out!!

I'm waiting for mine too and just want to know. 5 weeks since I did them now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Lolodow

I also got that call for Limerick today and had to turn it down as I need to give 4 weeks notice. The girl was lovely and said more positions will be available in April but for the moment she was just trying to find people who could start on Monday.

I'd be surprised if a lot of people were able to start at such short notice so am hopefully that we will here something about an April start date soon. Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Beginner to this

Lolodow wrote:
    I also got that call for Limerick today and had to turn it down as I need to give 4 weeks notice. The girl was lovely and said more positions will be available in April but for the moment she was just trying to find people who could start on Monday.

Finally someone who has to give 4 weeks notice aswel. Had they asked you this in the interview?

Finally someone who has to give 4 weeks notice aswel. Had they asked you this in the interview?

Ya they asked me at the end of the interview and it didn't seem to be a problem. I also told the lady I spoke to today about it and she said she would make a note of it so I'm hoping they can give us a start day soon as I'll need to hand in my notice asap if the start date is mid April.

Lolodow wrote:

You didn't get a letter or anything did ya?

You didn't get a letter or anything did ya?

No just a phone call at lunchtime saying I had to let them know by the end of the day if I was available to start on the 30th

Lolodow wrote:
    Ya they asked me at the end of the interview and it didn't seem to be a problem. I also told the lady I spoke to today about it and she said she would make a note of it so I'm hoping they can give us a start day soon as I'll need to hand in my notice asap if the start date is mid April.

Same here and I said it again when they rang about references. Im actually going to hand mine in this week as I have a holiday booked the end of May. Just to throw a spanner in the works so I want to be able to start asap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

I'm waiting for mine too and just want to know. 5 weeks since I did them now!

6 weeks for me. They said March at the end of my assessment for finding out how you did. Hopefully we will know by the end of the week.

Same here and I said it again when they rang about references. Im actually going to hand mine in this week as I have a holiday booked the end of May. Just to throw a spanner in the works so I want to be able to start asap.

The thought had crossed my mind but I'm not brave enough and I couldn't risk having no income for a few weeks so just going to wait and see what happens. I may get away with giving only 3 weeks notice so hopefully they'll let us know soon what's going on

I also have a holiday booked for the end of May so hoping they will be understanding about it!

Lolodow wrote:
    The thought had crossed my mind but I'm not brave enough and I couldn't risk having no income for a few weeks so just going to wait and see what happens. I may get away with giving only 3 weeks notice so hopefully they'll let us know soon what's going on

I know Im taking a big risk but at this stage after ringing reference etc how long more can they keep us waiting :-(.
    Sounds like we are telling the same story, hopefully they will understand these things were booked before any of this started up again.

Lolodow wrote: »

I also have a holiday booked for the end of May so hoping they will be understanding about it!

I'm not brave enough either.! She didn't say anything bout notice there and then and she didn't mention when in April. Just in case its v late April I'll wait till I've something more concrete. Surely she'd have said it if she thought it was near to the 2 weeks that I mentioned I'm required to give.?

• Advertisement

The jobs today were for the call centre, by the way, as far as I'm aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Deehalligan

6 weeks for me. They said March at the end of my assessment for finding out how you did. The last working day for this March is on Friday so we will hopefully know by then.

They said March at the end of mine as well. Fingers crossed :)

Sinead Mc1 wrote: »
    I'm not brave enough either.! She didn't say anything bout notice there and then and she didn't mention when in April. Just in case its v late April I'll wait till I've something more concrete. Surely she'd have said it if she thought it was near to the 2 weeks that I mentioned I'm required to give.?

To be fair to the lady I spoke to she sounded like she was given the task of finding as many people as possible who could start on Monday so was probably just working her way down through a list of names and once that job is done I'm presuming they will move onto placing anyone who has to give notice. Well that's what I'm hoping anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 lizzy09

Holysock wrote: »
    For the Dublin people out there, I'm late 600s and got a letter from PAS this morning about a position. So it hasn't stopped :)

Delighted to hear this, great to see movement!!! Thanks for keeping us in the loop and hopefully we'll keep hearing about more movement in the next few weeks :D

A colleague of mine was in the late 600s for Dublin and got offered a position in a govt department.

Best of luck to all those starting in Sarsfield House Limerick. The people are really nice and don't forget its 12 months probation.

Lolodow wrote:
    To be fair to the lady I spoke to she sounded like she was given the task of finding as many people as possible who could start on Monday so was probably just working her way down through a list of names and once that job is done I'm presuming they will move onto placing anyone who has to give notice. Well that's what I'm hoping anyway!

Ya I got that impression as well. And she told me she thought it was middle of April.

I have 2 weeks hols booked in June so also hoping that it will be ok but surely they know ppl will have holidays booked

For all those wondering about increments you need to score a 3 or higher in a PMDS. That is a goal setting form and you you are reviewed on your work and that decides if you get an increment.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Sid Bear

Lisa2011 wrote: »
    For all those wondering about increments you need to score a 3 or higher in a PMDS. That is a goal setting form and you you are reviewed on your work and that decides if you get an increment.

Forgive my ignorance but are we not just on a standard pay scale?

Sid Bear wrote: »

I believe that to be the case. I am not sure 100% sure but I think the rate starts off at €409.06 a week.

PRSI, USC PAYE and a Pension deduction comes off that so you depending on tax credits some people on the single person tax credit might get around 345 a week after deductions.

I am not sure about other public sector employers but this is for Revenue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Fear Ciarrai

Sid Bear wrote:

Standard payscale starting at 409.06 but you get an increment every year if you have a satisfactory PMDS

Advertisement