Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Shelly33

Did anyone else get called as regards checking references in limerick/tipp today?

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Lisa2011

Shelly33 wrote: »
    Did anyone else get called as regards checking references in limerick/tipp today?

Were you called? I know a colleague of mine got called to confirm he is starting next monday.

I know at least 30 are starting that day and then 30 more in April. Some of these are replacing CO's leaving Sarsfield House for Ennis.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 LauraK85

Are these jobs in Limerick definitely all in a call centre? 😳

LauraK85 wrote: »
    Are these jobs in Limerick definitely all in a call centre? 😳

About half of the people being hired will be working in it I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 LauraK85

Lisa2011 wrote: »
    About half of the people being hired will be working in it I believe.

Is it like a regular call centre with crazy stats and call volumes? Sorry about all the questions, just don't like the thoughts of working in a call centre?

• Advertisement

LauraK85 wrote: »
    Is it like a regular call centre with crazy stats and call volumes? Sorry about all the questions, just don't like the thoughts of working in a call centre?

I have not worked in it myself but I dont believe its that bad. You take calls ,update records if required or advise whoever you talking to what they need to do depending on what the query is. but be aware you would be moved after a period of time to other sections so you have experience of different taxes.

Not all the jobs in Sarsfield House will be in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Shelly33

Lisa2011 wrote: »
    Were you called? I know a colleague of mine got called to confirm he is starting next monday.

I know at least 30 are starting that day and then 30 more in April. Some of these are replacing CO's leaving Sarsfield House for Ennis.

I got called as regards checking references,early 80's on the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Dozymare

Is public expenditure Peoplepoint? Think they are under that department. Anyone know is there free parking at Peoplepoint?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭CBGirl

Has anyone been called for interview in Donegal yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭dragonflyblue

Dozymare wrote: »
    Is public expenditure Peoplepoint? Think they are under that department. Anyone know is there free parking at Peoplepoint?

Actually, that's a good question! Is there free parking at Sarsfield House in Limerick?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Beginner to this

Actually, that's a good question! Is there free parking at Sarsfield House in Limerick?

There are a few spaces at the front of the building but I think these are for management. Plenty car parks close by, around 15 per week.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭hemijonson

Never even factored that in. Defo isn't enough parking for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭WilsonIRL

Has anyone in Dublin gotten anything from the PAS this morning? They're up to the 700s now.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Sid Bear

Dozymare wrote: »

Good question too... I'll need to drive to wherever am placed.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭EmerG28

WilsonIRL wrote: »
    Has anyone in Dublin gotten anything from the PAS this morning? They're up to the 700s now.

Are you in the 700s? Is it early 700s?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭baba_bear

Hi, I sat the Stage 2 tests for the Clerical Officer campaign (for positions in Dublin) in PAS in mid February. I seem to recall one of the exam invigilators saying that we would receive correspondence regarding the tests in March. I am just wondering whether anyone has received any news yet? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 buggybear

Im in the 710s in Dublin and haven't heard anything yet, hopefully not much longer now

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭WilsonIRL

EmerG28 wrote: »
    Are you in the 700s? Is it early 700s?

I'm in the late 700s. It was posted a yesterday that Mupmup, who qualified 700th, had received an offer from the PAS.

Anyone heard about starting in Sarsfield House on Monday 13 April? Know of someone who just got the call...

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭EmerG28

WilsonIRL wrote: »
    I'm in the late 700s. It was posted a yesterday that Mupmup, who qualified 700th, had received an offer from the PAS.

Oh yeah. I'm late 700s too. Hopefully won't be much longer :)

• Advertisement

Anyone heard about starting in Sarsfield House on Monday 13 April? Know of someone who just got the call...

Yep got the call too. That's when I'm due to start.

hemijonson wrote:

Well done, glad they are giving other dates. Dont suppose they mentioned anything about dates further down the line when they rang?

hemijonson wrote: »

Congrats!

Well done, glad they are giving other dates. Dont suppose they mentioned anything about dates further down the line when they rang?

Nope she never said a word. just that contract would be emailed to me. It was late enough when I got the call so maybe ye'll hear tomorrow

hemijonson wrote:
    Nope she never said a word. just that contract would be emailed to me. It was late enough when I got the call so maybe ye'll hear tomorrow

Thanks, heres hoping. Congrats again :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Sinead Mc1

Got the call too! See you all on the 13th!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Lolodow

I got a call today about starting on the 27th April :) she said she was ringing as her colleague that called me earlier in the week had mentioned that I needed to give a months notice. She also said I wouldn't get any more info until next week as they were sorting out contracts for people starting at an earlier date. I also asked about my hols in May and she said she would look into it for me

Best of luck to everyone starting on the 13th :)

Lolodow wrote:
    I got a call today about starting on the 27th April she said she was ringing as her colleague that called me earlier in the week had mentioned that I needed to give a months notice. She also said I wouldn't get any more info until next week as they were sorting out contracts for people starting at an earlier date. I also asked about my hols in May and she said she would look into it for me

Congrats thats great news, approx what number were you? I hope they havent forgotten me :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Lolodow

Congrats thats great news, approx what number were you? I hope they havent forgotten me :-(

Thanks a million. I was in the late 60's. It was nearly five o clock when she rang so I'd say keep an eye on your phone tomorrow!

• Advertisement

Lolodow wrote:
    Thanks a million. I was in the late 60's. It was nearly five o clock when she rang so I'd say keep an eye on your phone tomorrow!

Im 30s, dont think I will have any hair left if I dont get the call tomorrow. Thanks for the updates.

Advertisement