Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 followmeup

Im 30s, dont think I will have any hair left if I dont get the call tomorrow. Thanks for the updates.

I'm in the 40's and haven't heard anything either :(

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Beginner to this

followmeup wrote:
    I'm in the 40's and haven't heard anything either

Sounds like it wasnt based on placing and more on availibility to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Ciaran

LauraK85 wrote: »
    Is it like a regular call centre with crazy stats and call volumes? Sorry about all the questions, just don't like the thoughts of working in a call centre?

If it's the same as the set up in Dublin, it doesn't seem to be that bad. The calls vary in how complicated they are so I don't think there are quotas. You'll probably get questions if you're spending lots of time not on the phone but it's not sweatshop conditions!

People only do shifts on the phones here around their other work but it could be different in Limerick. We've had loads of training before we start on phones too so I assume it'll be the same for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Lisa2011

Just to let everyone know I heard rumours that all LPT correspondence is being dealt with in Ennis. So its mainly a helpline job I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Tina82

can someone advise when they call you to confirm they are contacting your references...do they call you on a withheld number or is the number showing ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 LauraK85

Thanks for the info. Do any of you guys know if Sarsfield house is opened on Good Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Beginner to this

Tina82 wrote:
    can someone advise when they call you to confirm they are contacting your references...do they call you on a withheld number or is the number showing ??

My call was on a Wednesday evening from an 01 number. They leave a VM if you miss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭hemijonson

Tina82 wrote:

Number showed for me anyway. It was an 01 number

• Registered Users Posts: 39 dublin20156

Has anyone I n Dublin got a letter offering them a position this morning? I'm in early 700s and didn't get letter or email yet👎

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭SOANDSO

There is 70 positions in total in Sarsfield House- only 20/25 for LPT-- also some positions in River House- not all starting on Monday are going to LPT- 10 other positions throughout the building

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Tina82

SOANDSO wrote: »
    There is 70 positions in total in Sarsfield House- only 20/25 for LPT-- also some positions in River House- not all starting on Monday are going to LPT- 10 other positions throughout the building

Where is River House ?

LauraK85 wrote: »
    Thanks for the info. Do any of you guys know if Sarsfield house is opened on Good Friday?

Sarsfield House- closed Good friday

Tina82 wrote: »
    Where is River House ?

facing barringtons Hospital in Limerick. by the River- near the Granary

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Burton

Recieved a letter in the mail today to get garda vetting out of the way early as positions may be becoming available in the Garda Siochana soon. I am 740 in Dublin.

Letter said as the vetting can take 6-8 weeks depending on how busy they are they are sending the letter now to get it out of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭EmerG28

Burton wrote: »
    Recieved a letter in the mail today to get garda vetting out of the way early as positions may be becoming available in the Garda Siochana soon. I am 740 in Dublin.

Letter said as the vetting can take 6-8 weeks depending on how busy they are they are sending the letter now to get it out of the way.

Did you fill out the vetting form on the day of interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 wordzworth

I received same Burton and rang to question as I completed Garda vetting form on day of interview and thought having it already on file might speed up the process. Helpful lady in PAS explained that it is an additional form required for Department of Justice which is where I am to be assigned.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭EmerG28

wordzworth wrote: »
    I received same Burton and rang to question as I completed Garda vetting form on day of interview and thought having it already on file might speed up the process. Helpful lady in PAS explained that it is an additional form required for Department of Justice which is where I am to be assigned.

Roughly what number are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 dublin20156

Well done! I'm lower than that and have heard nothing?

EmerG28 wrote: »
    Roughly what number are you?

Mid 700.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭WilsonIRL

I got the same this morning. Late 700s. hopefully some letters are just stuck in the mail. Still a fair while to go so i'm trying not to go all Cheshire Cat just yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 dublin1703

I'm 730's and I haven't received anything either.

WilsonIRL wrote: »
    I got the same this morning. Late 700s. hopefully some letters are just stuck in the mail. Still a fair while to go so i'm trying not to go all Cheshire Cat just yet.

Yes, you are right. It is not a job offer but they just want to have all clearance checks done so that positions can be offered as soon as vacancies arise. An Garda Síocána apparently adhere to a more detailed vetting process than other departments.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

WilsonIRL wrote: »

:eek: Ooooh catching up to my placing now! Getting excited they might reach me this year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7 CorkCountyMrs

Any update on what number they're at in Cork??

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭junipergreen

Any update on what number they're at in Cork??

Have they started yet in Cork? I've heard nothing since the results of the supervised.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 CorkCountyMrs

Have they started yet in Cork? I've heard nothing since the results of the supervised.

I haven't even got that far yet!! Was hoping they had started calling the next lot for that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Burton

Sweet thanks for the info. Even if it doesn't end up as anything just nice to know its movement. Sending it off tomorrow morning so I'll let ya all know if anything else happens

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭dragonflyblue

Afternoon all,

Anyone else heard anything about Revenue in Limerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

Got my results from stage 2! Jumped over 600 places! Woop!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Just got my Stage 2 results for Dublin, I went up over 700 places :)

On top of that my department gave me back my annual leave day I took to go to Dublin for the exam. They said I could have the day as exam leave :)

Advertisement