Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭VONSHIRACH

got email today. got through stage 2 Dublin, They are currently assessing candidates placed 600 -700. I am just over the 1,000 mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Those getting stage 2 Dublin results today, when did you sit the stage 2 tests?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Deehalligan

sillysocks wrote: »

Mid February for me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

February 12th

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭HannahR31

February 16th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭dragonflyblue

Ravage1616 wrote: »
    Got my results from stage 2! Jumped over 600 places! Woop!

Well done - that's a great result!!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭paddycakes

Ravage1616 wrote: »
    Got my results from stage 2! Jumped over 600 places! Woop!

Well done you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 maem

Afternoon all,

Anyone else heard anything about Revenue in Limerick?

Yeah got a call yesterday afternoon saying they were going to start getting in touch with references. I'm assuming its still for revenue, they just said its the limerick/tipp region. I'm in the 90's btw.

They also asked for a letter confirming my time and amount claimed on JA as they needed to fill in a full years employment history. Has anyone else been asked for this? It seems a bit odd to me.

maem wrote: »
    Yeah got a call yesterday afternoon saying they were going to start getting in touch with references. I'm assuming its still for revenue, they just said its the limerick/tipp region. I'm in the 90's btw.

They also asked for a letter confirming my time and amount claimed on JA as they needed to fill in a full years employment history. Has anyone else been asked for this? It seems a bit odd to me.[/quote

Do you mean they looked for proof? I'm not that far advanced so not sure.

They also asked for a letter confirming my time and amount claimed on JA as they needed to fill in a full years employment history. Has anyone else been asked for this? It seems a bit odd to me.[/quote

Do you mean they looked for proof? I'm not that far advanced so not sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭VONSHIRACH

Feb 17

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Thanks all. Did mine on 20th and was really hoping I'd hear this week. Doesn't look likely at this stage of the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Jumped up 500 places. Have to be happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭bagel2010

They also asked for a letter confirming my time and amount claimed on JA as they needed to fill in a full years employment history. Has anyone else been asked for this? It seems a bit odd to me.

Hi Maem got same request for my job benefit claim. Cant remember did they say to post it to PAS offices.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mupmup

So anybody that didn't pass stage 2, it's the end of the road for them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

mupmup wrote: »
    So anybody that didn't pass stage 2, it's the end of the road for them?

Ya, until the next CO competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 mariosuarez

I am waiting on my region for CO and am also awaiting results for EO.

I'm getting ahead of myself here but wondering what others thought.

Would you accept CO in your home region or EO in Dublin?

At the beginning CO would be more financially beneficial due to lower rent and transport costs. I would prefer to be at home rather than in Dublin for football friends family etc.

But a long term view, the EO would be better financially as increments go up higher.

I'd be happy with one job offer and I would take either happily but I'm not sure which I'd prefer.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭redmarie

Hi

In relation to Revenue in Sarsfield House does anyone know the working hours, heard a mention of 10am start for first week. Can anyone confirm if this is true? does this mean working till 6pm? also do they operate flexi time for CO's in Sarsfield House? ideally would love to start earlier and finish early.

how long does training last for? weeks or months?

And also anyone who has already started their job maybe people in the Dublin region, do ye know anything about annual leave entitlements. Are there only certain times holidays can be planned? and how much notice has to be given? Just trying to plan a holiday! Thanks :)

Also just wondering has anyone decided to take up a position in Sarsfield House that will be commuting each day? Preferably from north tipp/ Offaly/ Laois ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Beginner to this

redmarie wrote:
    In relation to Revenue in Sarsfield House does anyone know the working hours, heard a mention of 10am start for first week. Can anyone confirm if this is true? does this mean working till 6pm? also do they operate flexi time for CO's in Sarsfield House? ideally would love to start earlier and finish early.

Core hours are between 10 and 12 and 2 and 4 (you have to be in the building between these times). After that its once you make up the hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭SOANDSO

10.00 start on Monday for training not sure about rest of the week. Should have flexi depending on area assigned to. Should fonidh around 4.09 first few says.
    redmarie wrote: »
    Hi

And also anyone who has already started their job maybe people in the Dublin region, do ye know anything about annual leave entitlements. Are there only certain times holidays can be planned? and how much notice has to be given? Just trying to plan a holiday! Thanks :)

10.00 start on Monday for training not sure about rest of the week. Should have flexi depending on area assigned to. Should fonidh around 4.09 first few says.
    Hi

Core hours are between 10 and 12 and 2 and 4 (you have to be in the building between these times). After that its once you make up the hours.

does that mean you could work an 8-4 mon to Friday?

SOANDSO wrote: »

finish at 4pm?

does that mean you could work an 8-4 mon to Friday?

It does but if everyone in section works 8-4 they could do a rota system as someone has to be in section until 5.30. Core hours actually 10-12.30 and 2.30-4.00.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 LauraK85

Any idea of the dress code in Sarsfield house? I got the call about starting in a couple of weeks!

LauraK85 wrote: »
    Any idea of the dress code in Sarsfield house? I got the call about starting in a couple of weeks!

They say business casual but its casual. Jeans are fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mupmup

Anyone know what the dress code is for PeoplePoint?

Also does anyone have any idea if there are any childcare facilities available or how much the civil service creche Kids Inc in Marlborough Street is?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Beginner to this

Anyone else heard anything about Revenue in Limerick?

Anyone know what the dept of social protection is like? Looks like Im being assigned there.

• Advertisement

Anyone know what the dept of social protection is like? Looks like Im being assigned there.

is that Limerick?

Advertisement