Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Beginner to this

redmarie wrote:
    is that Limerick?

I applied for Limerick/Tipp region. Im assuming its Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭redmarie

I applied for Limerick/Tipp region. Im assuming its Limerick.

when do you start?

redmarie wrote:
    when do you start?

I havent been given one yet. It said they would contact me shortly. Guess this explains why I wasnt hearing and everyone else was.

SOANDSO wrote: »
    It does but if everyone in section works 8-4 they could do a rota system as someone has to be in section until 5.30. Core hours actually 10-12.30 and 2.30-4.00.

so including lunch its an 8 hour day?

I havent been given one yet. It said they would contact me shortly. Guess this explains why I wasnt hearing and everyone else was.

good luck :) wonder how they decide who goes where?

• Advertisement

redmarie wrote:
    good luck wonder how they decide who goes where?

Thanks. Feels a bit strange knowing everyone else is heading to Sarsfield house. I have no idea, maybe they look at previous work experience or something. So hard to know.

Thanks. Feels a bit strange knowing everyone else is heading to Sarsfield house. I have no idea, maybe they look at previous work experience or something. So hard to know.

Are u from the limerick area?

redmarie wrote:
    Are u from the limerick area?

Yes the county

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dublin1703

Anyone from Dublin hear anything else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

dublin1703 wrote: »
    Anyone from Dublin hear anything else?

They are into the 800s for interviews.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 dublin1703

They are into the 800s for interviews.

Done interview in Feb. Hoping to hear back soon about a placement. I know they're placing between 600 and 700 just wondering how far they've gotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭SOANDSO

redmarie wrote: »
    good luck :) wonder how they decide who goes where?

That depends where the vacancies are when they reach your number

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Shelly33

Hi all, was just wondering what the parking situation is in Sarsfield House?

Shelly33 wrote: »

You have to use local car parks. Some do special rates fir Revenue employees.

Shelly33 wrote: »

You have to use local car parks. Some do special rates fir Revenue employees.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Diddlina

What numbers are they interviewing now? How long does anyone reckon it will be from the stage two results now to interview?

Diddlina wrote: »
    What numbers are they interviewing now? How long does anyone reckon it will be from the stage two results now to interview?

Depends on your region. Dublin is in the 800s for interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭EmerG28

Diddlina wrote: »

I got my invitation to interview about 2 weeks after I got my stage 2 results, and then interview was 3 weeks after invitation e mail. Am in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Lulucas

Just got results for stage 2 kildare / Wicklow... Delight to say I passed when I didn't think it went all that well... Happy days!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Sid Bear

Lulucas wrote: »
    Just got results for stage 2 kildare / Wicklow... Delight to say I passed when I didn't think it went all that well... Happy days!!!!

Last year I was originally around 300 for Kildare / Wicklow and jumped 600 places for Dublin but no update on the Kildare / Wicklow placings. I take it if you got results for Kildare/Wicklow that you didn't apply for Dublin. Would love to know what my chances would be of getting an offer for Kildare Wicklow if I turned down Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Lulucas

Sid Bear wrote: »
    Last year I was originally around 300 for Kildare / Wicklow and jumped 600 places for Dublin but no update on the Kildare / Wicklow placings. I take it if you got results for Kildare/Wicklow that you didn't apply for Dublin. Would love to know what my chances would be of getting an offer for Kildare Wicklow if I turned down Dublin.

I know the feeling as Kildare and Wicklow was my last choice really... I didn't choose dublin 😭

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭snoopy12

has anyone who did stage 2 in Feb (20th) and who were told that they would get their results in March heard anything? checking the public jobs site all day in the hope that notifications were slow in being issued! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

snoopy12 wrote: »
    has anyone who did stage 2 in Feb (20th) and who were told that they would get their results in March heard anything? checking the public jobs site all day in the hope that notifications were slow in being issued! :)

I was the 20th as well but haven't heard anything either.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭strangel00p

They say business casual but its casual. Jeans are fine.

If you want to stay as a co for the rest of your career, then yes jeans are fine. It's an office job in a Government Department, dress appropriately.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭snoopy12

sillysocks wrote: »
    I was the 20th as well but haven't heard anything either.

tomorrow is another day i guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭hemijonson

Did anyone start in Sarsfield on Monday? Any words of wisdom? How's training going?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 dublin20156

Did anyone from the Dublin panel here anything lately? Early 700s here. Haven't heard a thing since passing the interview😒

If you want to stay as a co for the rest of your career, then yes jeans are fine. It's an office job in a Government Department, dress appropriately.:cool:

Jeans are fine. Managers wear them

• Advertisement

Ya, the only person who wears a suit (or anything you would call formal or business dress) in our office is the AP. All our HEOs, EOs, SOs and COs are casually dressed.

Advertisement