Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭WilsonIRL

Burton wrote: »
    Called to let me know my references where soon to be contacted. 746 here. Dublin region

Do you know if that was that for the Garda placement or the PAS?

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Lisa2011

Sid Bear wrote: »
    Late 600s here and no offer yet... I know they are offering in the 700s now. Is this normal in some cases to get skipped while they find a position that suits?

I know of a former colleague who was 53 on the list in limerick and those ranked higher than him were being called before him. There is more than one person making the calls so you should get one soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Burton

It was pas who contacted me letting me know about checking references but didn't day where it was for

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Sid Bear

It was pas who contacted me letting me know about checking references but didn't day where it was for

Yeah they won't tell you at that stage.. You'll not find out until you receive an actual offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Sid Bear

Yeah they won't tell you at that stage.. You'll not find out until you receive an actual offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭lfp

corny wrote: »
    What a foolish thing to say.

I agree the way it was said might be considered foolish, but the general point was probably correct. If an AP has dealings with external Senior Managers be they other Departments or the Private Sector, Superintendent in the Gardai or a Professional such as accountant or solicitor then projecting a professional image is a significant part of a Senior Managers role. Equally so if such a manager knows his/her stuff and works hard, dress code isn't that important within the section and their staff will probably respect such a manager based on knowledge and people skills and as such dress code will not make much difference, but in many (most) Senior Manager roles in the CS there's more going on at that level than the Section and staff etc. To answer the question asked. Always better to gamble on overdressed. Within an hour you can take off the tie or open the top shirt button type of thing. The worst case scenario is you'll be seen as a little keen, which isn't a bad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Burton

Yeah should only be a couple of weeks hopefully. I'll let ya know if its the garda placement like expected or something else

I just got the references call. High 700s.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

To the people whose references were achieved through email: Does anyone know what questions were asked in the email form sent to the employer?

One of my references is sometimes difficult to be reached by phone and I'm wondering what sort of questions specifically will be in the email for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 shazboh

Hi All. I'm placed 900 I only got my result last week. Just wondering if you think or know of them interviewing people placed near that number? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Beginner to this

Jade182 wrote:
    To the people whose references were achieved through email: Does anyone know what questions were asked in the email form sent to the employer?

I know they ask how much sick leave you have taken. Just happened to come in conversation so I have no idea what else.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭EmerG28

Got the call to check references. Late 700s here

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

EmerG28 wrote: »
    WilsonIRL wrote: »
    I just got the references call. High 700s.

When you say late/high 700s, do you guys mean you are past, say, the 770s?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Forty_two

Hi,

I'm just wondering are you emailed a document to forward your reference details on? I am in the early 800s, I know that they are currently only interviewing 600-700+ at the moment, but I'm just wondering when and how you forward your reference contact details to PAS. Is it prior to interview or after? Also, I'd love to know how much notice you are given for the interview, if anyone knows I'd really appreciate the help.

Thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Beginner to this

Forty_two wrote:
    I'm just wondering are you emailed a document to forward your reference details on? I am in the early 800s, I know that they are currently only interviewing 600-700+ at the moment, but I'm just wondering when and how you forward your reference contact details to PAS. Is it prior to interview or after? Also, I'd love to know how much notice you are given for the interview, if anyone knows I'd really appreciate the help.

Limerick /Tipp here but Im sure its the same process. When you get called for interview they send an application form to fill in, at the end of this they ask for details of 3 references. I got 8 days notice for interview. You will be asked to fill out garda vetting form at the interview.

Forty_two wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks! :)

I received about 2 weeks notice of the interview around 3 or 4 weeks after i got the stage 2 results back. Part of the document pack for the interview that they send you via publicjobs is a form that has several things to fill in including reference details. You'll need to have that filled out and printed in triplicate for the interview. You'll get the garda vetting form on the day that you show up to the interview. You need to fill that one out before the interview starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭CBGirl

Re Donegal region

Got an email yday to say there were no dates scheduled for interviews yet & no idea how many jobs will be available.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 SarahKate11

CBGirl wrote: »
    Re Donegal region

Got an email yday to say there were no dates scheduled for interviews yet & no idea how many jobs will be available.

Hi CB Girl, Thanks for that.
    Its quite a wait for Donegal and other counties when you see Dublin calling 700 plus at this stage! Because I was bored waiting and no sign of loads of jobs in Donegal at the moment, I decided to email PAS in Irish for the craic regarding what was happening with both the Irish and English stream and any upcoming vacancies and got the following reply word for word. Maybe they didnt understand my question : )

"Go raibh maith agat as do ríomhphost.
    Níl aon eolas nua agam ag an am seo mar gheall ar an tSraith Gaeilge don chomórtas seo. Níl ach cúpla post ar fáil i nDún na nGall agus tá súil again go mbeimíd ag socrú agallaimh do na daoine leis na háiteanna is airde don réigiún seo sna míonna ag teacht.
    Go raibh maith agat as do chuid foighne."

• Registered Users Posts: 47 piafe

Just received a letter today to say I have been allocated a position and someone from the department will be in touch soon with the location details etc. I'm delighted. Early 700's.

piafe wrote: »
    Just received a letter today to say I have been allocated a position and someone from the department will be in touch soon with the location details etc. I'm delighted. Early 700's.

Congratulations! May I ask, how long ago were you told that they were checking your references?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 piafe

Congratulations! May I ask, how long ago were you told that they were checking your references?

Thanks, got the call last week, Tuesday or Wednesday.

Hope you hear something soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Did they say which department it was?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭ShellBell89

Any word on Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Forty_two

Limerick /Tipp here but Im sure its the same process. When you get called for interview they send an application form to fill in, at the end of this they ask for details of 3 references. I got 8 days notice for interview. You will be asked to fill out garda vetting form at the interview.
    I received about 2 weeks notice of the interview around 3 or 4 weeks after i got the stage 2 results back. Part of the document pack for the interview that they send you via publicjobs is a form that has several things to fill in including reference details. You'll need to have that filled out and printed in triplicate for the interview. You'll get the garda vetting form on the day that you show up to the interview. You need to fill that one out before the interview starts.

Thanks very much for this! It's very helpful:)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 dublin20156

Congrats! I'm early 700s too but haven't heard anything yet😢. Did they say what Dept you were being assigned to and how long ago did you get the call to say they were checking your referees/Garda vetting? Soz for all the questions!

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭eroc79

Anything further happening for Cork region?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭SOANDSO

Anyone know what number thry are at in Limerick

Congrats! I'm early 700s too but haven't heard anything yet😢. Did they say what Dept you were being assigned to and how long ago did you get the call to say they were checking your referees/Garda vetting? Soz for all the questions!

Have you contacted them about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 dublin20156

Have you contacted them about it?

No only got the call about the referees last Wednesday so I thought it would be at least a month. I'm from the country and need to look for accommodation so I'd love to hear soon

• Advertisement

No only got the call about the referees last Wednesday so I thought it would be at least a month. I'm from the country and need to look for accommodation so I'd love to hear soon

Ah ok, I thought you meant you hadn't a heard a thing at all from them. Could be to do with what dept your being assigned to maybe.

Advertisement