Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Sid Bear

Did anyone get Dept of Social Protection in Dublin? If so where might they be hiring location wise?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Tina82

SOANDSO wrote: »
    Anyone know what number thry are at in Limerick

Very early 100's....was offered position today in sarsfield house....start date is 20th april

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Shelly33

Tina82 wrote: »
    Very early 100's....was offered position today in sarsfield house....start date is 20th april
    What place were you on the panel? If you dont mind me asking,waiting on a call myself in the eighties

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭bagel2010

late 90s myself for lim tipp referees contacted but no offer yet wonder does that mean we not going to sarsfield house

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭junipergreen

eroc79 wrote:
    Anything further happening for Cork region?

I'm in the 20s for Cork and I've heard nothing. Anyone higher up on the list heard anything yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭eroc79

I'm in the 20s for Cork and I've heard nothing. Anyone higher up on the list heard anything yet?

I am and I haven't heard anything since the results. I did the interview for the Limerick region so don't expect that I'll need to do one for cork but I would still like to know when things start happening again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 maem

Tina82 wrote: »

I'm around the same place. I was getting worried when I hadn't heard anything from them.
    Good to see they're moving again, keeping my fingers crossed for that call!

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭junipergreen

eroc79 wrote:
    I am and I haven't heard anything since the results. I did the interview for the Limerick region so don't expect that I'll need to do one for cork but I would still like to know when things start happening again.

Well I'll post when I hear something.

Does anyone know what the hold up is, when the Limerick competition went so quickly?

Also what stage is Kerry at - have ye done the interviews yet Kerry folks?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Sliabh Gamh

Sid Bear wrote: »
    Did anyone get Dept of Social Protection in Dublin? If so where might they be hiring location wise?

I got a letter saying I am being assigned to Social Protection in Dublin and someone from HR will call me shortly to let me know where and when.

piafe wrote: »
    Just received a letter today to say I have been allocated a position and someone from the department will be in touch soon with the location details etc. I'm delighted. Early 700's.

Me too. (Late 600's) Was it Dept. of Social Protection?
    Congrats by the way. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭EmerG28

I got a letter saying I am being assigned to Social Protection in Dublin and someone from HR will call me shortly to let me know where and when.

Congrats. How long ago was it that they contacted your references?

EmerG28 wrote: »
    Congrats. How long ago was it that they contacted your references?

About three to four weeks.

About three to four weeks.

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 47 piafe

Me too. (Late 600's) Was it Dept. of Social Protection?
    Congrats by the way. :D

Yeah :-) glad that I'm not the only one!

piafe wrote: »
    Yeah :-) glad that I'm not the only one!

I rang the number on the letter to see if they could give me any info on the office location or start date, the guy took my name, checked with someone and told me I'd be starting mid May,
    but no info on location yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Lulucas

Any word on Kildare / Wicklow ?? 😭

• Registered Users Posts: 47 piafe

I rang the number on the letter to see if they could give me any info on the office location or start date, the guy took my name, checked with someone and told me I'd be starting mid May,
    but no info on location yet.

I called too, really helpful.

Hope you get a convenient location. Congrats.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 DaisysB

[quote=
    Also what stage is Kerry at - have ye done the interviews yet Kerry folks?[/quote]

No, heard nothing since getting stage 2 results...I'm in the 30's in Kerry, hope something will happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Cyclonius

I rang about the Cavan/Monaghan and Louth/Meath regions the other day, and was told that they had no plans at present to do the second stage of testing for these regions.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Bottlescrew

A shout out to:
    MAEM
    BAGEL2010
    SHELLY33

I'm in the 90's for Lim/Tipp too - Did you guys get any calls or letters.

I'm happy for you Tina82, but you have me worried. References seemed ok but, no call yet?

• Advertisement

my references were checked and were definitely ok. no contact since. I am fairly sure it meams we're on a list for somewhere other than sarsfield house. Imagine delay was to do with the easter break and that we might get a call next week.

my references were checked and were definitely ok. no contact since. I am fairly sure it meams we're on a list for somewhere other than sarsfield house. Imagine delay was to do with the easter break and that we might get a call next week

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Iamhere

Shelly33 wrote: »
    my references were checked and were definitely ok. no contact since. I am fairly sure it meams we're on a list for somewhere other than sarsfield house. Imagine delay was to do with the easter break and that we might get a call next week

I would agreed with this, my Wife is ranked in the top 15, reference would of been fine from her current employer, no other employer contacted, would of been no issues with Garda vetting either.

No contact since the called to advise references were been checked, maybe they block off certain rankings for difference areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭bagel2010

Hi no word for me either references should be ok just wondering lived in england for a while would that hold up garda vetting and slow things down

• Registered Users Posts: 11 maem

A shout out to:
    MAEM
    BAGEL2010
    SHELLY33

I'm in the 90's for Lim/Tipp too - Did you guys get any calls or letters.

I'm happy for you Tina82, but you have me worried. References seemed ok but, no call yet?

Nope havent heard anything from them. I'm thinking the list was divided by pas and maybe its just taking a bit longer. Or we're going to a different department and the priority is contacting people for revenue as someone mentioned the next start date was 20th April.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Bottlescrew

Must be keeping us for a special mission :)

Another week of waiting begins :)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭WilsonIRL

Almost ran over the postman this morning when i saw him as i was on my way to work. No letter for me today unfortunately.

WilsonIRL wrote: »
    Almost ran over the postman this morning when i saw him as i was on my way to work. No letter for me today unfortunately.

Lol!!! Im gone to work before he comes to me so I'll be watching for your post saying you got your offer :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Sid Bear

Is anyone here in Dept of Social Protection in Nutgrove or Store Street?

Advertisement