Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Iamhere

Update on lim/tipp. My Wife got a letter from PAS today offering a position in Tipperary (Nenagh).

• Registered Users Posts: 39 dublin20156

Sid Bear wrote: »
    Is anyone here in Dept of Social Protection in Nutgrove or Store Street?

I wish😢!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭redmarie

Iamhere wrote: »
    Update on lim/tipp. My Wife got a letter from PAS today offering a position in Tipperary (Nenagh).

Do you mind me asking what number roughly ur wife is?

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Iamhere

redmarie wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking what number roughly ur wife is?

Around the 10 mark...

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Sid Bear

I wish😢!

Why so? Are you still waiting to hear from them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Beginner to this

Iamhere wrote:
    Around the 10 mark...

10 and shes only getting an offer now. Patient woman, I was tearing my hair out and got an offer two weeks ago.

Sid Bear wrote: »
    Why so? Are you still waiting to hear from them?

Yeah. Still waiting. Got the call about the referees Wednesday of Easter week. They should be fine. I'm from the country and I'll need to get accommodation sorted just wish I had a start date and then I could start looking for some over priced accomodation !!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Penguin100

Hope everyone hears some news soon. It's a long process!

Just wondering how all those who have started are getting on. Have you settled in and are you busy. I'm five weeks in, like the people, the office, enjoying working again but there hasn't been a huge amount of work for me.

I was prepared for the fact that the work would be fairly basic and mundane which I don't mind but there just doesn't seem to be enough of it.

What have others experiences been like?

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭The Veteran

The airport crew are very busy... More than enough work for them. Say hello the next time yis pass through.

A dickie bird tells me some of you posting on here waiting for reference checks will hear very soon, very soon and should be thinking about startd in about 3 weeks.

Too much info already...

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Strawberry66

The airport crew are very busy... More than enough work for them. Say hello the next time yis pass through.

A dickie bird tells me some of you posting on here waiting for reference checks will hear very soon, very soon and should be thinking about startd in about 3 weeks.

Too much info already...

Thanks Veteran!! Would that dickie bird happen to know if there's likely to be a 2nd round of interviews for Limerick/Tipp?!! Just missed out 1st time around.... 😔

• Advertisement

Too much info already...

Thanks for the info Veteran! I take it your on the inside!? Any idea what Dept will be coming up? Not that it matters. All I want is work and to get on with my life😀

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭The Veteran

I could tell you but I'd have to ....

Seriously, there will be jobs that will allow you build a "safer and fairer Ireland" (you will get your JUST desserts although they might be on ICE or you will have to GUARD against any complacency)

Re Limerick\Tipp - don't know but wouldn't think so but really don't know

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Deehalligan

Seriously, there will be jobs that will allow you build a "safer and fairer Ireland" (you will get your JUST desserts although they might be on ICE or you will have to GUARD against any complacency)

everyone will be asking you for the inside info now :) did the bird mention more interviews being planned in Dublin? :)

Dept of Justice! Sounds interesting! City Centre? Poor country girl here😢. Not very familiar withe the big smoke!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 globcar

Penguin100 wrote: »
    Hope everyone hears some news soon. It's a long process!

Just wondering how all those who have started are getting on. Have you settled in and are you busy. I'm five weeks in, like the people, the office, enjoying working again but there hasn't been a huge amount of work for me.

I was prepared for the fact that the work would be fairly basic and mundane which I don't mind but there just doesn't seem to be enough of it.

What have others experiences been like?

You must be in peoplepoint !!????

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Penguin100

globcar wrote: »
    You must be in peoplepoint !!????

I'm not. It's not as bad as what I have heard here about peoplepoint but just not an overly busy dept.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Burton

Wow veteran your info was spot on. Got a letter this morning saying my vetting was passed and I was going into the department if justice equality and law. Hyped!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭EmerG28

Burton wrote: »
    Wow veteran your info was spot on. Got a letter this morning saying my vetting was passed and I was going into the department if justice equality and law. Hyped!!!!!

Well done!! When were your references contacted?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Burton

Got a call to say they would be calling Friday 12 days ago and reference called this Monday.
    Positioned around the 750 mark

Got a call to say they would be calling Friday 12 days ago and reference called this Monday.
    Positioned around the 750 mark

Mine were contacted Thursday so hopefully not to much longer now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭junipergreen

Hi veteran, would your dickie bird have any information on the situation with Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭WilsonIRL

Oh no! i didn't see the postman this morning. He must have been hiding after yesterday. I guess i'll find out this evening and blame you if there's no letter.

WilsonIRL wrote: »
    Oh no! i didn't see the postman this morning. He must have been hiding after yesterday. I guess i'll find out this evening and blame you if there's no letter.

I was hoping I'd read a post from you this morning to say you got a letter! Gonna be a long day....

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭WilsonIRL

EmerG28 wrote: »
    I was hoping I'd read a post from you this morning to say you got a letter! Gonna be a long day....

I went home at lunch and found a letter from the PAS. I've gotten a placement in the Department of Justice, Equality and Law Reform. I'm just waiting to find out when and where i start. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭paddycakes

I went home at lunch and found a letter from the PAS. I've gotten a placement in the Department of Justice, Equality and Law Reform. I'm just waiting to find out when and where i start. :D

Congratulations!!

Ah brilliant!! Am delighted for ya. I won't be home til about 6! :(

EmerG28 wrote: »
    Ah brilliant!! Am delighted for ya. I won't be home til about 6! :(

I went home at lunch time. No letter. Early 700s here 😢😢😢😢

Talk to me Veteran!!!!!

Oh really. :/ Maybe you should give them a call again? Do harm like

• Advertisement

Got my letter. Dept of justice, equality and law reform :)

Advertisement