Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 wordzworth

EmerG28 wrote: »
    Got my letter. Dept of justice, equality and law reform :)

Congrats!
    Same here! :-)
    Wonder where we will all be located?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Burton

will see you there wordzworth, emer and wilson XD

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭EmerG28

Exciting times ahead :) Wonder will there be many of us starting. As soon as anyone here's another update with location etc make sure and let us know. See ye soon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39 dublin20156

EmerG28 wrote: »
    Got my letter. Dept of justice, equality and law reform :)

Ah Emer so pleased for you! You can finally relax. Well done and good luck with it😀

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭EmerG28

Ah Emer so pleased for you! You can finally relax. Well done and good luck with it😀

Thanks so much. I really hope you get word soon!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

Congratulations everyone who has got good news recently and to those still waiting, keep the faith. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Phantasos

Any word on the Galway region?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭lauras91

Congrats everyone on being offered positions!

Had almost forgotten that I'd applied for this until today - got invited to stage 2, supervised tests in Dublin. My region is Carlow/Kilkenny. Anyone else get messages today?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

lauras91 wrote: »
    Congrats everyone on being offered positions!

Had almost forgotten that I'd applied for this until today - got invited to stage 2, supervised tests in Dublin. My region is Carlow/Kilkenny. Anyone else get messages today?

Yep I got it too. Same region. My tests are the 28th, presume they are all the same day? Had forgotten all about it myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 dublin20156

I could tell you but I'd have to ....

Seriously, there will be jobs that will allow you build a "safer and fairer Ireland" (you will get your JUST desserts although they might be on ICE or you will have to GUARD against any complacency)

Re Limerick\Tipp - don't know but wouldn't think so but really don't know

We'll, Veteran, any hope for those of us that didn't get a letter today?😢😪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭forzawexford10

Got enail for call to stage 2 today aswell delighted... it does not say which region.

I applied for wexford/waterford and carlow/kilkenny and i am ranked 102 and 105 in them.

Stage 2 on April 28th at 12.30pm in chaper house all going well probably be at least a month until stage 3 interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Stage 2 on April 28th at 12.30pm in chaper house all going well probably be at least a month until stage 3 interview.

Don't get your hopes up for things moving too quickly! Did my stage 2 for Waterford/Wexford mid Feb, only got results about 10 days ago. Rang PAS today to ask if there was any timescale re interviews and was told none that they could tell me at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭paddycakes

Got enail for call to stage 2 today aswell delighted... it does not say which region.

I applied for wexford/waterford and carlow/kilkenny and i am ranked 102 and 105 in them.

Don't hold your breath, got stage 2 results for Cork over a month ago and have heard nothing since!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

For anyone that missed out on CO competition, TCD are seeking full time Clerical Officers (Public Services role)
    https://jobs.tcd.ie/pls/corehrrecruit/erq_jobspec_version_4.display_form

• Registered Users Posts: 39 tubba

First time posting here but I have being following this forum for a while and it has helped me a lot.
    I have a quick question and i was hoping that someone would have a bit of advice for me.
    I just got a phone call from PAS about a position in Limerick/Tipp. I am placed around in the high 130's.
    I was half thinking of passing for the Limerick position and waiting to see if I can get a position in Kerry where i am placed in the high 30's.
    Am i crazy to pass up on the Limerick offer and waiting to see if an offer comes up for Kerry?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Bottlescrew

30's is quite low and worth thinking about. If 50% don't take a position cos it doesn't suit or they want to wait for another area (not unrealistic), that can bring you down considerably.
    See what departments are on your area and how big they are.

What department / location did you get called for in Limerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭eroc79

tubba wrote: »
    First time posting here but I have being following this forum for a while and it has helped me a lot.
    I have a quick question and i was hoping that someone would have a bit of advice for me.
    I just got a phone call from PAS about a position in Limerick/Tipp. I am placed around in the high 130's.
    I was half thinking of passing for the Limerick position and waiting to see if I can get a position in Kerry where i am placed in the high 30's.
    Am i crazy to pass up on the Limerick offer and waiting to see if an offer comes up for Kerry?

I heard of someone placed in the top 10 in kerry last time round and never got placed. I don't know this person personally so you can take this information with a pinch of salt but I trust my source. I turned down Limerick because I'm holding out for Cork.

30's is quite low and worth thinking about. If 50% don't take a position cos it doesn't suit or they want to wait for another area (not unrealistic), that can bring you down considerably.
    See what departments are on your area and how big they are.

What department / location did you get called for in Limerick?

I asked what dept or area it was for and the lady from pas said she didn't know.
    I was trying to think what departments are in Kerry and besides the usual offices the have in every county the only one I could think of is the revenue in Listowel and not sure how big it is.

eroc79 wrote: »
    I heard of someone placed in the top 10 in kerry last time round and never got placed. I don't know this person personally so you can take this information with a pinch of salt but I trust my source. I turned down Limerick because I'm holding out for Cork.

That's what I'm afraid of. If I turn down limerick and if nothing comes up in Kerry I will go mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 briarrose

I enquired about Westmeath/Offaly/Laois yesterday, PAS got back saying that they are looking at where positions exist outside the Dublin area and will be inviting a small number of candidates from this region to stage 2. I'm number 200 so I doubt they'll get to me but I thought I'd let others know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Bottlescrew

Tubba, When you say you were offered a position, have you already had your references contacted and Garda clearance done or are they just starting to do that now. It can take a few weeks for them to actually offer a job after the checks.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭eroc79

Tubba, When you say you were offered a position, have you already had your references contacted and Garda clearance done or are they just starting to do that now. It can take a few weeks for them to actually offer a job after the checks.

Once you give the go ahead for them to do those checks your no longer included on list in other regions you may have applied. This is my understanding, could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 maem

I rang today and spoke to a lovely woman in PAS who assured me that I am on the list to be placed and to expect a letter in the next week or two. She seemed surprised that I hadn't heard anything yet.
    When I asked about a start date for notice period she said that if I had to give a month I should prob give it now but going to wait until I have an official offer.
    So for anyone in the 80's and 90's still waiting there should be news soon!

No references not contacted yet, they just contacted me to see if I still was interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭bagel2010

maem wrote: »
    I rang today and spoke to a lovely woman in PAS who assured me that I am on the list to be placed and to expect a letter in the next week or two. She seemed surprised that I hadn't heard anything yet.
    When I asked about a start date for notice period she said that if I had to give a month I should prob give it now but going to wait until I have an official offer.
    So for anyone in the 80's and 90's still waiting there should be news soon!

Thanks for the update Maem did the woman in PAS happen to mention what dept the placements were for and were they for limerick or tipp

• Registered Users Posts: 11 maem

bagel2010 wrote: »
    Thanks for the update Maem did the woman in PAS happen to mention what dept the placements were for and were they for limerick or tipp

No she couldn't/wouldn't say which dept or location. If sarsfield house is up to 100's already we're probably not going there. My guess is revenue in Nenagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Beginner to this

maem wrote:
    No she couldn't/wouldn't say which dept or location. If sarsfield house is up to 100's already we're probably not going there. My guess is revenue in Nenagh.

Dont bank on anything, I was 30s and Im not going to Sarsfield House.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Padge1987

Wat num was ur Waterford I'm 108 and afraid it might b too high a number I had rang during week and they said they were at about 70 but couldn't tell me more

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭SOANDSO

maem wrote: »
    No she couldn't/wouldn't say which dept or location. If sarsfield house is up to 100's already we're probably not going there. My guess

My understanding all new positions will be in Limerick as there is a waiting list of people looking for transfers to Nenagh and surrounding areas

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 feemcdee55

Hi, just wondering did anyone here any word for stage 2 for Cavan/Monaghan region.

Advertisement