Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭EmerG28

Anyone who got the job offer how long were ye waiting before ye got a start date?

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Cyclonius

feemcdee55 wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering did anyone here any word for stage 2 for Cavan/Monaghan region.
    I rang them up last week (I think), and they told me that they'd no plans to do stage 2 for Cavan/Monaghan at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Podbrdo

briarrose wrote: »
    I enquired about Westmeath/Offaly/Laois yesterday, PAS got back saying that they are looking at where positions exist outside the Dublin area and will be inviting a small number of candidates from this region to stage 2. I'm number 200 so I doubt they'll get to me but I thought I'd let others know.

I got a message this morning calling me to Stage 2 in Dublin on 29th April. I was in the 60s for Westmeath/Offaly/Laois. I was in 108 for Longford/Sligo/(Leitrim?).

Did you hear anything today?

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 32 briarrose

Thanks Podbrdo. I did not hear anything yet, fingers crossed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cailindeas123

Podbrdo wrote: »
    I got a message this morning calling me to Stage 2 in Dublin on 29th April. I was in the 60s for Westmeath/Offaly/Laois. I was in 108 for Longford/Sligo/(Leitrim?).

Did you hear anything today?

Best of luck

Hi Podbrdo,

I also got a message earlier calling me to Stage 2 on the 29th April. I had Longford/Sligo/Leitrim as one of my choices so perhaps that is the region that we are being called for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭po candidate

Does anyone know what number they're calling for stage 2 in Dublin? I think a few posts back it was around 2,200.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Jollyrossie

feemcdee55 wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering did anyone here any word for stage 2 for Cavan/Monaghan region.

Hi there,

I applied for both TCO and permanent positions in the public sector and I placed 7th in the Cavan area for the TCO role. I have an interview on Sat in Dublin.
    I also received notice that I was being called for stage 2 (supervised test) of the permanent roles for Tuesday 28th April in Dublin. I had applied for the Louth/Meath area and the Sligo/Longford/Leitrim area as well as the Cavan area so I'm prob being called back for one of those areas as opposed to the Cavan/Monaghan area. My preferred area is Cavan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 tippmom

There are revenue jobs going in Nenagh...I got a letter confirming I have been assigned to Nenagh on last Monday..there are just waiting for Garda Vetting to come through before I get my start date...

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Bottlescrew

Tippmom, Congratulations. What number are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Burton

EmerG28 wrote: »
    Anyone who got the job offer how long were ye waiting before ye got a start date?

I rang the justice department hr department to try get a building address (51 Stephens green btw) so I could do some morning runs and check times of travel and stuff. The very helpful man I spoke to on the phone said I would be contacted in the next "while" with start dates and such. From what I gathered though the position may not have been in that actual address though, but that could have just been me reading too far into his wording.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭bagel2010

tippmom wrote: »
    There are revenue jobs going in Nenagh...I got a letter confirming I have been assigned to Nenagh on last Monday..there are just waiting for Garda Vetting to come through before I get my start date...

congrats tippmom what no were you rang pas and im in 90s for tipp/lim she said they probably havent got to my number yet and thats why i havent heard anything since call about references 3 weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Beginner to this

Tina82 wrote:
    Very early 100's....was offered position today in sarsfield house....start date is 20th april

bagel2010 wrote:
    congrats tippmom what no were you rang pas and im in 90s for tipp/lim she said they probably havent got to my number yet and thats why i havent heard anything since call about references 3 weeks ago

First post was from a few days ago. It seems like they dont go exactly by number on the panel.

Getting a tad worried now

bagel2010 wrote:

I know its easier said but they will call, I was in the same boat. Was about a week after everyone. My call ended up coming directly from Dublin where as the others came from Sarsfield House (going by posts here).

I suppose ill just have to wait, did you start yet beginner to this

Hopefully you will hear next week, no harm to drop them an email if you havent heard towards the end of next week. Not yet, starting Monday week. Still working out my notice :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 11 maem

bagel2010 wrote: »

I'm 90's as well. But they did say on the phone that I was getting placed and would be contacted by the dept in the next week or two. I think it's just different depts are taking their time contacting people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 tippmom

bagel2010 wrote: »

I was in the 20's....Limerick wouldn't have suited me so I'm relieved that I got Nenagh...

Burton wrote: »
    I rang the justice department hr department to try get a building address (51 Stephens green btw) so I could do some morning runs and check times of travel and stuff. The very helpful man I spoke to on the phone said I would be contacted in the next "while" with start dates and such. From what I gathered though the position may not have been in that actual address though, but that could have just been me reading too far into his wording.

Yeah it could be Garda HQ in Phoenix park, a Garda station somewhere, hard to know. Am hoping for Stephens green though. Be so handy for me :) Can walk to it!! Don't know if I can take much more waiting lol

• Registered Users Posts: 39 tubba

tippmom wrote: »

Congrats Tippmom, hopefully garda vetting won't take too long for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Fear Ciarrai

EmerG28 wrote:
    Yeah it could be Garda HQ in Phoenix park, a Garda station somewhere, hard to know. Am hoping for Stephens green though. Be so handy for me Can walk to it!! Don't know if I can take much more waiting lol

Clerical staff in Garda Stations are no longer under Justice. AGS have their own HR etc based in Navan.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 wordzworth

Clerical staff in Garda Stations are no longer under Justice. AGS have their own HR etc based in Navan.

Yes that's who sent me my additional garda vetting form to complete a couple of weeks ago and then letter confirming I am awaiting placement referenced Dept Justice???

Going to get in touch tomorrow with the Dept of Justice contact who was mentioned on the PAS letter to see if they can give any details of placement.

EmerG28 wrote: »
    Yeah it could be Garda HQ in Phoenix park, a Garda station somewhere, hard to know. Am hoping for Stephens green though. Be so handy for me :) Can walk to it!! Don't know if I can take much more waiting lol

Yeah the number on the letter leads to 51 Stephens green but the actual clerical office for law reform is 73 Stephens green. So hoping its that. Yeah I'm only a short way away as well. Would be really perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 10 wordzworth

Yeah the number on the letter leads to 51 Stephens green but the actual clerical office for law reform is 73 Stephens green. So hoping its that. Yeah I'm only a short way away as well. Would be really perfect

There is an email address for a direct contact also quoted on the letter. Might try that.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭snoopy12

is anyone still waiting on results from a Stage 2 test in Feb?

wordzworth wrote: »
    There is an email address for a direct contact also quoted on the letter. Might try that.

Yeah think I'll mail them tomorrow as well. Hopefully they can tell us a bit more

wordzworth wrote: »

Yeah that's who I rang today but she was on lunch. Its a she for your email by the way in case like me you weren't sure with the name. If ya get a response gimme a shout, don't wanna pile them with requests :)

Yeah that's who I rang today but she was on lunch. Its a she for your email by the way in case like me you weren't sure with the name. If ya get a response gimme a shout, don't wanna pile them with requests :)

I googled it to be sure :) Yeah I'll mail her tomorrow first thing and I'll get back to you when I hear something back

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭denmar

Tubba, just wondering when you got stage 2 results for Kerry ? I did interview for Cork but I had Kerry on my list too and I haven't been notified og my placing on Kerry after Stage 2 - can only assume that I didn't get placed high enough from Stage 2 testing. I heard that they tested up to number 99 on Kerry panel and I was 94 so that may be why I haven't heard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭The Veteran

Justice HR is in 51 Stephens Green. No idea what 73 Stephens Green is. Unlikely the roles are in that building though... Very few clerical staff in it.

Advertisement