Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Tarzana wrote: »
    What about the unsupervised part B, the online tests?

You hit the standard on them- and are then called back for supervised calibration of scoring. Any significant deviation- even if you're still within the qualifying score- and you are discarded. Its a check to ensure you don't have someone doing the unsupervised portion on your behalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

You hit the standard on them- and are then called back for supervised calibration of scoring. Any significant deviation- even if you're still within the qualifying score- and you are discarded. Its a check to ensure you don't have someone doing the unsupervised portion on your behalf.

I'm confused - you said that you need to reach the qualifying standard of Part A to reach the supervised Part B assessment. Where does the unsupervised Part B fit into that?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I'm confused - you said that you need to reach the qualifying standard of Part A to reach the supervised Part B assessment. Where does the unsupervised Part B fit into that?

Sorry- I've confused matters. Everyone does Part A and unsupervised Part B. When you meet the qualifying standard of unsupervised B- you get called for supervised B- and if there is a big difference- you're disqualified. The top X% at the supervised- providing there is no major difference with the unsupervised score- then get through to interview. At the supervised B- there is often a different work-skills test- which is every bit as frustrating as the other one.

Sorry if I confused matters.

Thanks!

I had no problem with most of the Part A, seemed fine and made sense, but can anyone please explain the rationale behind the 'Rate your skills in comparison to others' part?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,126 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Thanks!

I had no problem with most of the Part A, seemed fine and made sense, but can anyone please explain the rationale behind the 'Rate your skills in comparison to others' part?

Didn't really get this one neither, do you be modest or be prick, so to be speak :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Bucklesman

Anyone having trouble with the exam links? It's the middle of the window for doing mine, but the link to part A is down for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

Bucklesman wrote: »
    Anyone having trouble with the exam links? It's the middle of the window for doing mine, but the link to part A is down for me.

yep, I cant get started as the link directed me to an expired questionnaire, due for completion on the 29/11/1999 at 22:00. so yeah..I dunno...

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Bucklesman

I'll make a phone call in the morning and post results here so. Not likely to have much time for it tomorrow... not that it matters to them.

Bucklesman wrote: »
    I'll make a phone call in the morning and post results here so. Not likely to have much time for it tomorrow... not that it matters to them.

I reloaded and it started the questionnaire but would only permit me to answer the first page and now cannot connect. It feels like work already.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

not just me so!

• Advertisement

urhf, got as far as page four and it died again, I'm getting tired of redoing the same questions over and over only to have it die and start all over again. well done public sector, you win.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Roisinbunny

This is a nightmare, Ive finished it since 8pm but keep getting to 98 & 99% and then it crashes.

It says it should go back to where you left off but it doesn't.

Last time I got as far as the equal opportunities page and after that it crashed!

Ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

im going to punch this laptop any minute now!!!

OK brilliant - now it says website disabled!!!!!! Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Just get this when I click on link to start test in my messages, not even an error message, anyone else?

"Clerical Officer / d'Oifigeach Cléireachais
    Online Screening Questionnaire / Ceistneoir ar Líne
    15th July, Offline:
    The Clerical Office Questionnaire is offline temporarily. Please try your application later.
    Visit support.publicjobsdata.com for status updates. There is no need at this time to raise a support ticket."

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Otsuka

thank god it's not just me !
    Think I did about 5 scenario 1's
    Didn't get any further :(

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭fangler

Great. Not just me. I had about 5 go's at it and it kept saying unable to connect. When I went back into each time it had removed some of my answers and kept others. What a shambles. Offline now

ok its completed for me :) yay

hey pharmaton, I just got 3 emails saying thank you for my application but it shut down in the middle of the equal opps section. Was that the last thing that you completed?

hey pharmaton, I just got 3 emails saying thank you for my application but it shut down in the middle of the equal opps section. Was that the last thing that you completed?

It finished up with the equal opportunities questions and once I hit submit it informed me that the test has been completed and has been submitted successfully. I swiftly got an email following saying test is completed and answers have been stored.

• Advertisement

Nightmare, started ok at 9.20 for 15 minutes, then crashed 3 times, restarted then it went to same number or letter scenario but it was a different scenario, now link is just leading to a blank white page, how can such a submission be valid?

Cant finish as link isn't active, anyone else not complete whole thing in 90 minutes?

Didn't really get this one neither, do you be modest or be prick, so to be speak :confused:

As well as the questions being unanswerable. Well, I'm better than some, worse than others and on a par with yet more people, like anybody else. So weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭fangler

Just looked now and still offline for me. Started hours ago but never finished it. Still says it's offline. When I went back in earlier it had lost loads of my data as well. Complete joke.

As well as the questions being unanswerable. Well, I'm better than some, worse than others and on a par with yet more people, like anybody else. So weird.

Most likely profiles along the lines of the MBTI I would have guessed, similar type questions anyway.

Just finished, had to fly through the last 5 scenarios though as I had only 10 mins of 90 left, not happy at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,674 ✭✭✭shmeee

Server Busy on the first Personal and Contact Details page, will I be able to get back in if this doesn't move on, half an hour and still stuck here.

shmeee wrote: »
    Server Busy on the first Personal and Contact Details page, will I be able to get back in if this doesn't move on, half an hour and still stuck here.

Fcuk knows, very disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,674 ✭✭✭shmeee

Fcuk knows, very disappointing.

I was like I was hardly the only one stuck, came on here to see all the problems, my god! A joke so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 jasminej4

How can this count as a fair assessment?

Especially when it keeps timing out, going offline and then when you go back to it some answers have changed or even been deleted!

Concentration is shot. Wonder how it effects time limit??!?!?!

Advertisement