Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mariaacarroll

Kagey15 wrote: »
    Ah that's great thanks. You should def be in with a great chance if you worked there already! what number were you do you mind me asking ?

In the 120s

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭bagel2010

eroc79 wrote: »
    Once you give the go ahead for them to do those checks your no longer included on list in other regions you may have applied. This is my understanding, could be wrong.

Could anyone confirm whether the above is correct or is it when they offer u a position in an exact location and date that u can turn it down and stay on the panel for other regions

the familirisation before interview stated

If a candidate qualifies at interview and if they are offered and then decline a vacancy, they will remain on the list for their other selected region(s). Should their place be reached they will come under consideration for that region.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Jillybean77

Aleera wrote: »
    The last I heard with regards to Waterford was my invitation for the stage 2 exam. I also applied for Limerick/Tipperary and got called for an interview, which i passed, and yet not a word about Waterford!

Does anyone know anything about this region??

HI Aleera, I also applied for Waterford but was 230 and didn't get called back for 2nd testing but my friend at 190 did. apart from that I have heard nothing, i think there just isn't the posts down here they all seem to be based in Dublin and Limerick :( Im just waiting to hear back about a temp CO position which i also applied for :)

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Divisadero

HI Aleera, I also applied for Waterford but was 230 and didn't get called back for 2nd testing but my friend at 190 did. apart from that I have heard nothing,

Jillybean are you sure about your friend being called at 190 for Waterford/Wexford? I am slightly higher than that and have been ignored? I would be surprised if they have called that many for Waterford. But if you're not in etc.

Has anyone else been called to stage 2 for Waterford/Wexford at 190 or lower?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 laura13579

is stage two aptitude similar to stage one ? as in the difficulty of it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭snoopy12

very similar Laura, I found that it was just the formality of being in the PAS offices made it different. the staff there are lovely tho and you have plenty of time to do practice test before each section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 feemcdee55

Just wondering what everyone wore for stage 2? It says comfortable on email, but just not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭snoopy12

the day i was there it was everything from suits to tracksuits. i went with smart casual.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Beginner to this

feemcdee55 wrote:
    Just wondering what everyone wore for stage 2? It says comfortable on email, but just not sure.

I wore jeans and cardigan. Just make sure you wear layers that you can add or take off. It got quite warm when the pressure started, for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 mariosuarez

bagel2010 wrote: »
    Could anyone confirm whether the above is correct or is it when they offer u a position in an exact location and date that u can turn it down and stay on the panel for other regions

the familirisation before interview stated

If a candidate qualifies at interview and if they are offered and then decline a vacancy, they will remain on the list for their other selected region(s). Should their place be reached they will come under consideration for that region.

If you applied for Dublin and Donegal, and you get offered Dublin and you turn it down, you are gone from Dublin but still on Donegal panel.

If you got offered people point in clonskeagh but turned it down due to bad location(which many did) , you won't be offered anything else in Dublin at all as you will be off the panel.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

laura13579 wrote: »

It's roughly the same level of difficulty.
    feemcdee55 wrote: »

I just wore jeans and a jumper, what I would normally wear. Some people wore shirt/pants but I don't think it is necessary to dress that formally for Stage 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Eliza1

Divisadero wrote: »
    Jillybean are you sure about your friend being called at 190 for Waterford/Wexford? I am slightly higher than that and have been ignored? I would be surprised if they have called that many for Waterford. But if you're not in etc.

Has anyone else been called to stage 2 for Waterford/Wexford at 190 or lower?

Im in 120s and haven't been called to stage 2 yet for Wd/Wx.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Divisadero

Thanks Eliza you may have saved the PAS staff the bother of a phone enquiry!

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

Just got the call for references. 820's in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Burton

Anyone that got accepted to the department of justice gotten any word from them yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭WilsonIRL

Burton wrote: »
    Anyone that got accepted to the department of justice gotten any word from them yet?

nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 lizzy09

Jade182 wrote: »
    Just got the call for references. 820's in Dublin.

Awh I'm delighted for you, you never know we might end up in the same department next :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 MarkfromMann

Up to 820s already? Wowsers! Early 900's for Dublin here but not done interview yet. Should I be getting suit dry cleaned, or have I just missed out do you think? Great forum by the way:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭WilsonIRL

Up to 820s already? Wowsers! Early 900's for Dublin here but not done interview yet. Should I be getting suit dry cleaned, or have I just missed out do you think? Great forum by the way:-)

If you've passed Stage 2 already then i wouldn't count it out yet. I would say get the suit ready. Nobody i saw at the interviews went in casual wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 MarkfromMann

WilsonIRL wrote: »
    If you've passed Stage 2 already then i wouldn't count it out yet. I would say get the suit ready. Nobody i saw at the interviews went in casual wear.

Ha. Passed second test back in February. Ill get the suit ready so. Was just wondering what the last numbers were who had been interviewed and if they will be the last for now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭EmerG28

Still nothing :/

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭paddycakes

Still no movement in Cork?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Gickyk

Did Stage 2 today, really fec*ed up the numerical didn't get near the last two pages of questions and thinking back can not think of one answer I was 100% sure being correct. My mind went blank as soon as I hit start - wouldn't mind but I was looking forward to Numerical !! - Anyone out there who has passed stage 2 have a similar experience? - Or will I cut my loses and forget about this competition. They said results would be out late May early June... ugh soo far away :)

Ha. Passed second test back in February. Ill get the suit ready so. Was just wondering what the last numbers were who had been interviewed and if they will be the last for now.

I emailed PAS about 2 weeks ago and they were still in the 800s anyway.

Gickyk wrote: »
    Did Stage 2 today, really fec*ed up the numerical didn't get near the last two pages of questions and thinking back can not think of one answer I was 100% sure being correct. My mind went blank as soon as I hit start - wouldn't mind but I was looking forward to Numerical !! - Anyone out there who has passed stage 2 have a similar experience? - Or will I cut my loses and forget about this competition. They said results would be out late May early June... ugh soo far away :)

Try not to think about it too much. When I did my Stage 2 I did grand in the reading but thought the numerical went terribly. I was thinking about it so much I was distracted for my error checking test. I was thinking about the maths test too for most of the trip back home and trying to work out how many I got right. It turned out numerical was my best result at the Stage 2 tests. You probably did better than you think you did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Did Stage 2 today, really fec*ed up the numerical didn't get near the last two pages of questions and thinking back can not think of one answer I was 100% sure being correct. My mind went blank as soon as I hit start - wouldn't mind but I was looking forward to Numerical !! - Anyone out there who has passed stage 2 have a similar experience? - Or will I cut my loses and forget about this competition. They said results would be out late May early June... ugh so far away :)

I had the exact same experience, got 5 out of 7 sections done. On the bright side if you get 2 right in those 5 that is 10/21 and hopefully the verb/error pulls us up :)
    Also, I am not sure how they mark these tests as it may have been best not to just pick answers at random when running out of time, not sure if that goes against ye?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 dawn8585

I also completed stage 2 today and found numerical very hard!! Was ok for d first few pages but spent too long on a question. Could not work it out, looked at d time and my brain turned to mush!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

laura13579 wrote: »
    It's roughly the same level of difficulty.

I found the Verbal Comprehension section was tougher in Stage 2 - had loads of time to go back over my answers, but I found several questions were obtuse, and open to a couple of interpretations - scored almost max points in the online practice tests, but wouldn't be near as confident in how I did at the PAS..

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭The Veteran

I would say the Justice related posts are caught up in security screening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭slaneylad

Starting on 5th of may in data protection Harcourt street (department of justice).

Advertisement