Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Podbrdo

Gickyk wrote: »
    Did Stage 2 today, really fec*ed up the numerical didn't get near the last two pages of questions and thinking back can not think of one answer I was 100% sure being correct. My mind went blank as soon as I hit start - wouldn't mind but I was looking forward to Numerical !! - Anyone out there who has passed stage 2 have a similar experience? - Or will I cut my loses and forget about this competition. They said results would be out late May early June... ugh soo far away :)

Same. Convinced I've failed the numerical. I was fine with the practise tests but found the numerical questions today very tough after the first 2 or 3 pages. Convinced I didn't do enough to pass. Didn't finish the checking errors exam but definitely did enough to pass. Verbal reasoning - I had loads of time to go back and check answers. Some of the questions you could argue the point for a couple of answers but I think I did well there.

But you have to pass all the exams to get an overall pass and the numerical was brutal. On 2nd glass of wine but not feeling any more optimistic about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jpk1986

slaneylad wrote: »
    Starting on 5th of may in data protection Harcourt street (department of justice).

Just wonder how long ago you got your letter to say you where appointed to justice, I got mine last Monday week(20th) and just curious how much notice you get, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭slaneylad

jpk1986 wrote: »
    Just wonder how long ago you got your letter to say you where appointed to justice, I got mine last Monday week(20th) and just curious how much notice you get, thanks

I got that letter 10th of April. Then I got 2 weeks notice before the start date

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

jaffusmax wrote: »
    I had the exact same experience, got 5 out of 7 sections done. On the bright side if you get 2 right in those 5 that is 10/21 and hopefully the verb/error pulls us up :)
    Also, I am not sure how they mark these tests as it may have been best not to just pick answers at random when running out of time, not sure if that goes against ye?

I don't think guessing goes against you. I worked through 5 of the 7 sections in my Stage 2 numerical test. I only worked out 16 answers. I guessed the last 2 sections/5 questions. I got 16/21 in the numerical. I don't think all the questions I worked out were correct so I must have got one or two of my guesses right.
    UsedToWait wrote: »
    I found the Verbal Comprehension section was tougher in Stage 2 - had loads of time to go back over my answers, but I found several questions were obtuse, and open to a couple of interpretations - scored almost max points in the online practice tests, but wouldn't be near as confident in how I did at the PAS..

I found verbal ok but only finished with 30 seconds to spare. The numerical questions I had were very word heavy. You'd nearly spend more time figuring out what you were being asked than working out the actual maths part of the question. If you had loads of time it wouldn't be a problem but you don't.

After stage 1 testing I was fairly sure I did ok. After stage 2 testing I wasn't so sure because of the numerical. I don't think Stage 2 is necessarily harder than Stage 1 but you have the pressure of the day and being in a room of strangers all clicking away like mad and you're worried that you seem to be clicking answers much slower than everyone else around you.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭EmerG28

I would say the Justice related posts are caught up in security screening

What other kind of checks would they do other than the vetting?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 clonmacart

Hi everyone,

Long time follower of this thread, first time poster. I'm attending the 2nd stage testing in Dublin today, was just wondering how long the test(s) lasted in general.

I know on the info form it said allow at least 2 1/2 hours in total, but in your experience were you there for that long?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭paddycakes

clonmacart wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Long time follower of this thread, first time poster. I'm attending the 2nd stage testing in Dublin today, was just wondering how long the test(s) lasted in general.

I know on the info form it said allow at least 2 1/2 hours in total, but in your experience were you there for that long?

Did stage 2 back in February we defiitely weren't there for 2.5 hours - it was under 2 hours, can't remember how long exactly but about an hour and 45 minutes (ish)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 lizzy09

slaneylad wrote: »
    I got that letter 10th of April. Then I got 2 weeks notice before the start date

Just wondering how long was it between you being called to let you know they were going to check your references and when you got the letter on the 10th of April? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 clonmacart

paddycakes wrote: »
    Did stage 2 back in February we defiitely weren't there for 2.5 hours - it was under 2 hours, can't remember how long exactly but about an hour and 45 minutes (ish)

Oh good, might be able to make the earlier train!

Thanks very much - and good luck to anyone else sitting the test today!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 dawn8585

clonmacart wrote: »
    Oh good, might be able to make the earlier train!

Thanks very much - and good luck to anyone else sitting the test today!

Had mine yesterday. Started at 12.30 and we were out about 1.50

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Deehalligan

Anyone know what number they are actually at for interview stage? I'm in the mid 900's and was hoping i would be called soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

Anyone know what number they are actually at for interview stage? I'm in the mid 900's and was hoping i would be called soon.

The last batch for interviews was the 800s I believe so if they are calling further people to interview, your number will be next. It's hard to tell when that will be as they don't know themselves how many vacancies there will be to fill.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭MommySquish

Hi guys,

I did stage two for Cork in Dublin back in Feb/Mar and haven't heard anything yet other than my results. Any idea on what is going on?

Hi guys,

I did stage two for Cork in Dublin back in Feb/Mar and haven't heard anything yet other than my results. Any idea on what is going on?

Same here, I emailed them yesterday and got the following:

Thank you for your enquiry, we have not yet scheduled interviews for the Cork region. If we reach your order of merit in due course, we will contact you through your public jobs message board.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭MommySquish

paddycakes wrote:
    Thank you for your enquiry, we have not yet scheduled interviews for the Cork region. If we reach your order of merit in due course, we will contact you through your public jobs message board.

Oh. And What was your merit?

Oh. And What was your merit?

40s

Dublin region, early 800s.
    Post just arrived and a letter from PAS telling me where I've been assigned and that someone from personnel in that department will be in touch shortly!! Delighted the ball seems to well and truly be rolling now!! Was contacted on the 23rd of April about references so great to see its moving so fast. :D

lizzy09 wrote: »
    Dublin region, early 800s.
    Post just arrived and a letter from PAS telling me where I've been assigned and that someone from personnel in that department will be in touch shortly!! Delighted the ball seems to well and truly be rolling now!! Was contacted on the 23rd of April about references so great to see its moving so fast. :D

Whoa that certainly moved quickly! I wonder will we end up in the same department :)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Burton

I would say the Justice related posts are caught up in security screening

Hopefully they clear soon and we get word after the bank holiday.

Jade182 wrote: »
    Whoa that certainly moved quickly! I wonder will we end up in the same department :)

Hopefully, be great to know someone else starting the same day :) I actually got a call this evening telling me my start date, where I'm to go etc so now I know exactly when I'll be starting which is brill!! Has been a great day!!! :D

• Advertisement

lizzy09 wrote: »
    Hopefully, be great to know someone else starting the same day :) I actually got a call this evening telling me my start date, where I'm to go etc so now I know exactly when I'll be starting which is brill!! Has been a great day!!! :D

What is your starting date? And also, which department did you get placed in if you don't mind me asking? So excited now, just have to get over the hump of the bank holiday weekend and I'll be hounding the postman every day! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Jillybean77

Eliza1 wrote: »
    Im in 120s and haven't been called to stage 2 yet for Wd/Wx.

i must ask her again as maybe it was for carlow kilkenny, her second choice. but she def got email as she had to turn it down as exam was on her due date lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Things seem to have ground to a halt again everywhere except one or two positions in Dublin :(

sillysocks wrote: »
    Things seem to have ground to a halt again everywhere except one or two positions in Dublin :(

Remember that not everyone who applied posts here on boards so it might still be moving, we just aren't hearing about it here yet. :)

Interview for me in Dublin. I've no employment references so whoever's a bit below me in the rankings should be feeling pretty confident. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭eroc79

Interview for me in Dublin. I've no employment references so whoever's a bit below me in the rankings should be feeling pretty confident. :P

Sorry but is that for the Dublin region or is it an interview in Dublin for another region. Getting anxious waiting to hear that Cork is moving again.

In Dublin for Dublin.

Do you mind saying roughly were you are on the panel?

Late 800s. Was waiting a while. :P

• Advertisement

Late 800s. Was waiting a while. :P

Ahh the main thing is you got there :) Maybe all the TCO interviews going on at the moment and the recent EO exams slowed things down a bit for the CO interviews.

Advertisement