Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

Hi,

I've just been called for interview for Dublin! I'm delighted and also distraught! The date I've been called for is during my holiday. I'm flying to Italy for a family function for a week and can't attend the interview.

Has anyone been in this boat before with PAS? If so, are they flexible with these dates for circumstances such as this? I've had the holiday booked since November and I really didn't think this was going to clash!

Any thoughts, experience or advice on this would be really welcome and appreciated.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Deehalligan

been called for interview next week. over the moon, one step closer hopefully. Any advice on best ways to prepare please? Pete Moss, hope you get it rescheduled. I hope they can accommodate you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

been called for interview next week. over the moon, one step closer hopefully. Any advice on best ways to prepare please? Pete Moss, hope you get it rescheduled. I hope they can accommodate you

Are you also in the late 800s Dee?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

They should send you out info about the competencies required of a Clerical Officer.
    Make sure you have solid examples of each competency, and it'll be plain sailing..
    I found the panel to be very nice & not trying to trip you up like some interviewers.

i'm in mid 900's John. Thanks Usedtowait. Do they ask a lot about past jobs/ college etc. or is just competencies they look at?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

Thanks very much. Congratulations on getting call called for interview. All the best.

Pete Moss wrote: »
    Thanks very much. Congratulations on getting call called for interview. All the best.

Let me know if they change it for you. fingers crossed for you :)

i'm in mid 900's John. Thanks Usedtowait. Do they ask a lot about past jobs/ college etc. or is just competencies they look at?

Whoa, that's a big jump. I'm in the late 1,000s. Getting there :) Did you do Stage 2 in February too?

Whoa, that's a big jump. I'm in the late 1,000s. Getting there :) Did you do Stage 2 in February too?

Yeah I did, Mid Feb I think. :)

Yeah I did, Mid Feb I think. :)

Did mine in mid Feb too. Nice to see our lot moving ahead in the competition :)

• Advertisement

Did mine in mid Feb too. Nice to see our lot moving ahead in the competition :)

Hopefully you're called soon as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Thanks Usedtowait. Do they ask a lot about past jobs/ college etc. or is just competencies they look at?

You can use any work / college / sports team etc experience, once you word your responses to take into account the required competencies..

Look at the competencies listed here and start writing out examples in your past where you can demonstrate you fulfilled each one required for a Clerical Officer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Just out of curiosity, when you're called for an interview do you have to provide them with any written answers to competencies either before or on the day of the interview? Or do you just need to have it planned but not written?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Diddlina

If you've done the 2nd round tests and you were reranked for dublin do they send you your new rankings for outside dublin?

Diddlina wrote: »
    If you've done the 2nd round tests and you were reranked for dublin do they send you your new rankings for outside dublin?

I'd imagine so if your place is called forward for stage 2 in your other countries. You only sit stage 2 once.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 misterbungle

I'm not far behind that number. Thought i might have longer. Bricking it now. :(

I'm not far behind that number. Thought i might have longer. Bricking it now. :(

Did you get invitation for interview yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Lulucas

Hey any news on Kildare / Wicklow areas passed stage 2 but have heard nothing regarding interview yet... 😭

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 TripleL

Did my supervised test in February and got my email invite to the interview last night. Anyone hazard a guess as to what departments are up next? Thanks.

Not so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭CBGirl

Diddlina wrote: »

They do once they carry out the 2nd round tests for that region.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jpk1986

Just wondering if anyone who got a letter to say have been appointed to justice have heard anything yet, got the letter about 3 weeks ago and not a word since

Have it now. Early 1000s

• Registered Users Posts: 39 dublin20156

jpk1986 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone who got a letter to say have been appointed to justice have heard anything yet, got the letter about 3 weeks ago and not a word since

I got the letter about 3 weeks ago too. Not a word. Think I might email them on Monday Mine was for the HSE :( don't think I'll ever get transferred home to the country:(

• Registered Users Posts: 32 SSMorg

Hi, Just looking for some advise. I applied for the Sligo region for temporary officer & was placed in the 250-300 mark & am called for an interview next week, I am currently working but only a 3 days week . I also applied for permanent Clerical officer in Sligo also last year & was placed 500 -550 mark, is that panel now gone or has anyone heard from it since. I don't know if I should leave my secure 3 day job for a 5 day temporary one with no guarantee of my contract length. Should I hold out or are they taking on any permanent staff at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Mhana

SSMorg wrote: »
    Hi, Just looking for some advise. I applied for the Sligo region for temporary officer & was placed in the 250-300 mark & am called for an interview next week, I am currently working but only a 3 days week . I also applied for permanent Clerical officer in Sligo also last year & was placed 500 -550 mark, is that panel now gone or has anyone heard from it since. I don't know if I should leave my secure 3 day job for a 5 day temporary one with no guarantee of my contract length. Should I hold out or are they taking on any permanent staff at all?

I believe they've called up to no. 166 on the Sligo panel so far for stage two testing for the permanent CO positions at the end of April just gone, results aren't out yet. So the panel is still there but there's no way to know what numbers they will reach over the lifetime of the panel. Hopefully there will be plenty of vacancies to meet, since the Sligo/Leitrim/Longford region covers such a large area.

You might be lucky with the temporary contract as well, and get offered a longer contract than you think, I haven't seen one of the contracts, but I'm sure you are given the length of the contract when you're offered the position, so you could weigh up the pros and cons once you have that information. Good luck! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 SSMorg

Mhana wrote: »
    I believe they've called up to no. 166 on the Sligo panel so far for stage two testing for the permanent CO positions at the end of April just gone, results aren't out yet. So the panel is still there but there's no way to know what numbers they will reach over the lifetime of the panel. Hopefully there will be plenty of vacancies to meet, since the Sligo/Leitrim/Longford region covers such a large area.

You might be lucky with the temporary contract as well, and get offered a longer contract than you think, I haven't seen one of the contracts, but I'm sure you are given the length of the contract when you're offered the position, so you could weigh up the pros and cons once you have that information. Good luck! :-)

Thanks that help, but I though that if I was given a contract & turned it down then I could not re-apply again for that position so I was going to turn down the interview & be apply to apply again next year if needed...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Burton

jpk1986 wrote: »

Yeah I'm in the same boat. From what I can remember the vetting takes about eight weeks so I'm putting it down to that. Hopefully soon as I sent that in on the first of April.

Advertisement