Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Mhana

SSMorg wrote: »
    Thanks that help, but I though that if I was given a contract & turned it down then I could not re-apply again for that position so I was going to turn down the interview & be apply to apply again next year if needed...

I hadn't heard that you can't apply for the same position again in the future, where did you see that? Maybe contact PAS and ask them exactly what the situation is because it would be a shame to turn down an interview and possible good contract if you don't need to.

Phone
    Lo-Call: 1890-449999
    Tel: +353-1-8587400
    Email: info @ publicjobs.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Deehalligan

Anyone got an interview this weekend? I have one Saturday and worried about the bus strikes going ahead. Not sure if I can even get another way into Dublin as no train station close by to where I live :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Anyone got an interview this weekend? I have one Saturday and worried about the bus strikes going ahead. Not sure if I can even get another way into Dublin as no train station close by to where I live :(

Any private bus companies operating near where you are like City Link, Aircoach, Kavanaghs or anything along those lines?

You could maybe head up the day before and overnight in a hotel. I know it's extra cost.

Any private bus companies operating near where you are like City Link, Aircoach, Kavanaghs or anything along those lines?

You could maybe head up the day before and overnight in a hotel. I know it's extra cost.
    No private ones. Only bus eireann. Far as I know bus strike is scheduled for Friday as well. Hoping that they reached compromise in their negotiations but not heard anything yet

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭baba_bear

I have my interview on Saturday and I'm just wondering what other people's experiences have been in terms of the CO interview itself? Any information would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement

No private ones. Only bus eireann. Far as I know bus strike is scheduled for Friday as well. Hoping that they reached compromise in their negotiations but not heard anything yet

Have you contacted PAS about re-scheduling? I know they don't usually allow for re-scheduling but maybe given the circumstances they will make an exception. I'd imagine quite a few people will have the same problem as you.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Beginner to this

baba_bear wrote:
    I have my interview on Saturday and I'm just wondering what other people's experiences have been in terms of the CO interview itself? Any information would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Its about two months since my interview. I had one person from PAS and one from Revenue. The mainly concentrated on my last job but thats not a given. I cant emphasise enough how important it is to know the competencies and have good examples for each. Thats what they really want to see. Remember they are human too so dont worry if you lose train of thought or anything. I found myself talking with my hands which I never do, it was just nerves. P.s I passed it. Best of luck :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭baba_bear

Thanks a million for your help Beginner, I really appreciate it :-)

Have you contacted PAS about re-scheduling? I know they don't usually allow for re-scheduling but maybe given the circumstances they will make an exception. I'd imagine quite a few people will have the same problem as you.

Yeah I emailed this evening but will call them tomorrow. Not sure what I will do if they can't help.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭paddycakes

Cork is still at a stand still I see!!! Will this waiting ever end!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

Did anyone have to give in a DSP statement? And how long did it take to check before receiving further news?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ashlingd2004

I'm wondering if anyone can help please. I have an interview on Saturday and it says you have to bring 3 copies of the application. Do your details have to be typed on it or hand written?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 dublin20156

I'm wondering if anyone can help please. I have an interview on Saturday and it says you have to bring 3 copies of the application. Do your details have to be typed on it or hand written?

Hi. I typed mine cause my hand writing isn't great but I don't think it matters. Good look

Just wondering how many competencies they ask questions about in interview? would they ask for more than two examples in any of them?

Just wondering how many competencies they ask questions about in interview? would they ask for more than two examples in any of them?

It's best to have at least one example for every competency ready (some of them can be made to overlap). Each interview will be different depending on who you have and the direction the conversation goes in.

Thanks Jade. Have one or two for each one. Just want to be as prepared as I can be :)

Jade182 wrote: »
    It's best to have at least one example for every competency ready (some of them can be made to overlap). Each interview will be different depending on who you have and the direction the conversation goes in.

Do they ask about the competencies directly in the interview eg. tell us about a time when you delivered results? Or are these kind of questions asked more indirectly and you work how you meet the competencies into the answer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭InReality

they will most likely be direct and 2 example should be plenty if they dont overlap too much. just make sure you have at least 1 each thats vital.

Do they ask about the competencies directly in the interview eg. tell us about a time when you delivered results? Or are these kind of questions asked more indirectly and you work how you meet the competencies into the answer?

I found it was a mix of the two. Direct questions to steer the interview in the right way and then indirectly to allow you to elaborate into a new competency.

So just have the competencies ready like a conversation/stories you are telling friends and ensure you know the details so from there you'll be ready to answer in any form they ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭DoctorDre

I found it was a mix of the two. Direct questions to steer the interview in the right way and then indirectly to allow you to elaborate into a new competency.

So just have the competencies ready like a conversation/stories you are telling friends and ensure you know the details so from there you'll be ready to answer in any form they ask.

Have you received an offer yet, Jade? :)

• Advertisement

DoctorDre wrote: »
    Have you received an offer yet, Jade? :)

Got the call for references check at the start of this month. Waiting for the postman like a madwoman at this point waiting to hear more news about where I'm going :P

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭marylou82

Got the call for references check at the start of this month. Waiting for the postman like a madwoman at this point waiting to hear more news about where I'm going :P

Guys I was the same.
    Got a phonecall today offering me Peoplepoint in Clonskeagh!
    Anyone else!?
    I was really hoping for city centre

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭DoctorDre

I hope you hear soon :)

marylou82 wrote: »
    Guys I was the same.
    Got a phonecall today offering me Peoplepoint in Clonskeagh!
    Anyone else!?
    I was really hoping for city centre

Oh no, I hope I don't get Clonskeagh! That's so far away from me and I was also hoping for the city centre as my partner works there and I could have had lunch with them :(

Did you get any kind of letter beforehand or was it literally just a phone call?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭arbour

Know someone that got phonecall last week to say that they are going for an extra vetting. So presume they are being placed in Dept. of Justice or somehwere like that??????????

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Burton

Tell then to have patience if its the advanced vetting. Been six weeks since I sent mine in.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭WilsonIRL

Burton wrote: »
    Tell then to have patience if its the advanced vetting. Been six weeks since I sent mine in.

All waiting and no new job makes Wilson a dull boy

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Burton

Ha ha ha yeah its getting close to johnny level twitchy.
    If my maths is right then the week after next is eight weeks so shouldn't be much longer than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Ciaran10

Does anyone know if you get offered a place e.g clonskeagh, can you ask if you could be considered for a different part of Dublin as it would be a logistical nightmare for me , or are you completely taken off the Dublin list 😵

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭marylou82

Ciaran10 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you get offered a place e.g clonskeagh, can you ask if you could be considered for a different part of Dublin as it would be a logistical nightmare for me , or are you completely taken off the Dublin list 😵

This is my question also..

It'd be a really crap commute every day.

Does anyone know if you can turn it down until something else gets offered...or is that wishful thinking?

I got the phonecall today for Clonbskeagh....they said they sent a letter but I never got it! I've been guarding the post box fiercely for weeks :D

Advertisement