Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 WhoIsTheCoon

Just received email regarding Interviews for Cork region.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 lambeau_leap

Just received email regarding Interviews for Cork region.

Same, Saturday the 23rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

marylou82 wrote: »
    This is my question also..

It'd be a really crap commute every day.

Does anyone know if you can turn it down until something else gets offered...or is that wishful thinking?

I got the phonecall today for Clonbskeagh....they said they sent a letter but I never got it! I've been guarding the post box fiercely for weeks :D

Did they give you a start date on the phone Marylou?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭paddycakes

Same, Saturday the 23rd.

Me too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭marylou82

Jade182 wrote: »
    Did they give you a start date on the phone Marylou?

Hi :)

Well she kind of wanted me to start asap. I said I had to give reasonable leave in work, so she gave me an approx date of June 8th. However I have to ring here back when I find out if this notice period is OK in my current job.

She was very laid back about it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

marylou82 wrote: »
    Hi :)

Well she kind of wanted me to start asap. I said I had to give reasonable leave in work, so she gave me an approx date of June 8th. However I have to ring here back when I find out if this notice period is OK in my current job.

She was very laid back about it!

June 8th seems to be the common starting date for this batch in the 800s that have been called. I'm hoping I get my start date for sometime in late June as I've a short holiday booked. Best of luck and hopefully your job is ok with the leave :)

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭eroc79

Nice to hear Cork is moving again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

eroc79 wrote: »
    Nice to hear Cork is moving again

Great to hear , not in cork region but at least it's movement!
    When were the stage 2 tests and results for cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Xx-Steph08-xX

Pete Moss wrote: »
    Hi,

I've just been called for interview for Dublin! I'm delighted and also distraught! The date I've been called for is during my holiday. I'm flying to Italy for a family function for a week and can't attend the interview.

Has anyone been in this boat before with PAS? If so, are they flexible with these dates for circumstances such as this? I've had the holiday booked since November and I really didn't think this was going to clash!

Any thoughts, experience or advice on this would be really welcome and appreciated.

Thanks!

Im in the same boat as you have to ring them first thing in the morning I never even thought id get an interview im away for a week and it would be while im away so happy and upset at the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Strawberry66

Got invitation to interview on 23rd also for Limerick/Tipp. Delighted it's moving again!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭mrspepperpot

Got invitation to interview on 23rd also for Limerick/Tipp. Delighted it's moving again!!

What number approx are you strawberry66...waiting to be called myself for limk/tipp

I'm wondering if anyone can help please. I have an interview on Saturday and it says you have to bring 3 copies of the application. Do your details have to be typed on it or hand written?

I got the email today and it says the form should be typed :)

What number approx are you strawberry66...waiting to be called myself for limk/tipp

Mid 140's..... How about you?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭mrspepperpot

Mid 140's..... How about you?

I am late 120s but was late doing stage 2(I had to defer), only got my stage two results a few weeks ago...will give them a call today to make sure they have not forgotten me😊 are you hoping for limk or tipp?

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭eroc79

Any idea how many have been called for Cork?

I am late 120s but was late doing stage 2(I had to defer), only got my stage two results a few weeks ago...will give them a call today to make sure they have not forgotten me😊 are you hoping for limk or tipp?

Hoping for Limerick!! Any joy with PAS?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭snoopy12

For those in Cork, does anyone know approx what number we are up to for interviews?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭HannahR31

Just had my interfiew this morning (Dublin region), just wondering how long people who got offers were waiting before they got word??

• Registered Users Posts: 32 lizzy09

HannahR31 wrote: »
    Just had my interfiew this morning (Dublin region), just wondering how long people who got offers were waiting before they got word??

Hi Hannah, I had my interview on wed the 18th Feb and got word that I'd passed it on fri 27th of Feb so wasn't that far apart :)

lizzy09 wrote: »
    Hi Hannah, I had my interview on wed the 18th Feb and got word that I'd passed it on fri 27th of Feb so wasn't that far apart :)

Awesome! Thanks :) and well done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Deehalligan

How did you find it?

How did you find it?

I thought it was fine...very structured and entirely based on the competencies. Literally went through them 1 by 1, very straight forward with no tricky questions. Flew by.

I thought it was fine...very structured and entirely based on the competencies. Literally went through them 1 by 1, very straight forward with no tricky questions. Flew by.

Thanks. I'm in in a half hour. Very nervous.

You'll be out in no time! They were very nice and helpful..really no need to be nervous :) good luck!!!! Post up when you're done how it went!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭EmerG28

I did mine on the 16th Feb and found out I passed it on the 27th. Best of luck :)

You'll be out in no time! They were very nice and helpful..really no need to be nervous :) good luck!!!! Post up when you're done how it went!

Think it went OK. Forgot to say couple examples that I had but think ones I did say were ok. Fingers crossed. Waiting begins again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 thevapour

Awful interview early this afternoon.

Spent a couple of hours last week going through everything with someone who is in HR, and they're a high level too. Had plenty of detailed answers for everything, i have plenty of relevant work place experience, and am honestly, genuinely, regarded as a pretty easy to get on with, cooperative, helpful, person. At work and outside work.

But one of the interviewers was hell bent on arguing with me.

I can't name names, but i hope none of you get the one i did.

Seriously annoyed right now, 'cause i don't believe i got a fair/balanced interview.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭junipergreen

thevapour wrote:
    But one of the interviewers was hell bent on arguing with me.

Can I ask what kind of thing they were arguing with you about?

Advertisement