Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 thevapour

Can I ask what kind of thing they were arguing with you about?

Many things. Education, Past Work Experience, the examples i gave, my suitability to any roles the interview covers. Not nodding and smiling politely when the answer was 'wrong' or even probing for a bit more info. They were just plain aggressive/confrontational, in a way you probably shouldn't talk to anyone in polite company.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

I have a vague memory of someone else having the same experience earlier in the thread. Wonder was it the same interviewer. Awful to have such a bad experience but hopefully you've still done well enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

You can appeal to PAS if you feel you weren't treated fairly. The interviewer was probably brought in from a different department and PAS are probably eager to get feedback on the interviewers and the interview process.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭carleigh

@thevapour....I wonder did we have the same person?! I found one of the interviewers very friendly and encouraging but the other was argumentative. I felt like any answer I gave was not good enough and in the end I felt like getting up and walking out I felt so disheartened. I'm a temp CO at the moment on my third contract in the same organisation, so I have a lot of experience in the role.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 thevapour

carleigh wrote: »
    @thevapour....I wonder did we have the same person?! I found one of the interviewers very friendly and encouraging but the other was argumentative. I felt like any answer I gave was not good enough and in the end I felt like getting up and walking out I felt so disheartened. I'm a temp CO at the moment on my third contract in the same organisation, so I have a lot of experience in the role.

That's pretty close to the experience i had anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Pococulo

Any one that's been placed in Peoplepoint - is there parking there or somewhere nearby if you were placed there & needed to drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭HannahR31

Pococulo wrote: »
    Any one that's been placed in Peoplepoint - is there parking there or somewhere nearby if you were placed there & needed to drive?

My mum used to work there. She says yes there was parking there and it was always first come first served. Ahe doesn't remember if there was any nearby if it was full but I can't imagine it would fill up assuming you'd be arriving in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Carlowgirl

Does anyone know where they are in cork at the moment? I see a few people have asked but I can't find an answerthanks in advance ?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭junipergreen

Carlowgirl wrote:
    Does anyone know where they are in cork at the moment? I see a few people have asked but I can't find an answerthanks in advance ?

They've just called the first lot for interview in Cork. Not sure how far down the list they've gone though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 helterskelter1

Slydice wrote: »
    You can appeal to PAS if you feel you weren't treated fairly. The interviewer was probably brought in from a different department and PAS are probably eager to get feedback on the interviewers and the interview process.

We got an email from the Public Appointments Service last week looking for a HEO to do CO interviews on Saturday. It said training would be provided. It would seem that the Public Appointments Service had one or two very inexperienced interviewers interviewing on Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 lambeau_leap

In the supplementary application form, under outline your experience relevant to the role, are we supposed to keep it short and sweet with bullet points or can you write a couple of paragraphs?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭paddycakes

Just filling out the employment history section on the form - how far are we supposed to go back?? I've been working for 22 years, if I put in all my work experience the form will end up being like a novel!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

paddycakes wrote: »
    Just filling out the employment history section on the form - how far are we supposed to go back?? I've been working for 22 years, if I put in all my work experience the form will end up being like a novel!!!

Probably just put in your most recent relevant positions that you are using your reference contacts for if you think your full history wont fit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭showit

Pococulo wrote: »

There's plenty of spaces in the under ground carpark - first come first served - others also park in UCD

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭VONSHIRACH

have interview Dublin this Saturday. am just over the 1,000 mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭EmerG28

In the supplementary application form, under outline your experience relevant to the role, are we supposed to keep it short and sweet with bullet points or can you write a couple of paragraphs?

I just used bullet points. They won't want to read a load of stuff. They'll more than likely ask you to elaborate once your in there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

VONSHIRACH wrote: »
    have interview Dublin this Saturday. am just over the 1,000 mark.

It's moving quickly. I'm in the 1000s too but haven't heard about an interview yet. When did you hear about yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭VONSHIRACH

It's moving quickly. I'm in the 1000s too but haven't heard about an interview yet. When did you hear about yours?

got an email this morning and I logged in to my public account. Their notice is dated 14 May.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Fooker

I am in the 80s for Cork and have been called for interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 gillybean89

A question about the Supplementary Application Form, would it bad to leave section 6 'Additional Relevant Information including accounting for any gaps in your work history' blank? I feel like I've covered everything in section 5 'Career History', I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to include in section 6.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 kingofthehobos

I got ranked 152 in Limerick and still nothing back in regards to an interview. Is that a good or bad rank? Should I just look elsewhere? haha

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I got ranked 152 in Limerick and still nothing back in regards to an interview. Is that a good or bad rank? Should I just look elsewhere? haha

Not sure on the numbers in Limerick but It sounds like you well down the list for that region.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 kingofthehobos

Slydice wrote: »
    Not sure on the numbers in Limerick but It sounds like you well down the list for that region.

Ahh that's a shame, would have been a hany place to work. Thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭mrspepperpot

Don't rule yourself out just jet...someone posted on here the other day that they are in the late 120s or 130s a nd have just been called for interview

I'd be guessing that big numbers of people may have dropped out now that the process has gone on for so long - people will have moved away, gotten jobs etc so being around 150 might not actually be your 'real' number. Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 paudy

I'm 17th in Waterford/Wexford after stage 2 and no sign of interview. Got stage 2 results 2nd April.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mariaacarroll

Don't rule yourself out just jet...someone posted on here the other day that they are in the late 120s or 130s a nd have just been called for interview

I was 128 and I am starting on Monday 25th, and they have started to call for interview again. Give PAS a ring and ask them. They are very helpful there.

paudy wrote: »
    I'm 17th in Waterford/Wexford after stage 2 and no sign of interview. Got stage 2 results 2nd April.

I'm top 10 in Waterford Wex and no interview. From what I can see on here it's Dublin, Limerick and now Cork that have had interviews so am waiting patiently hoping it'll be soon!
    We did the second stage tests about 3 weeks after Cork and got the results about 3 weeks after as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭SOANDSO

dont lose hope. They are over the 100s in Limerick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Mrs cockett

And Westmeath/Offaly,Roscommon, Galway not was not even called to stage 2 yet

Advertisement