Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Idrive

Moving in Limerick again :)
    Whoever said we were gone without a shout was wrong !!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Orlsheen

Any one apply for Longford/Leitrim/Sligo and hear anything or get interview yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Burton

Any word for anyone that got a letter from the justice department. Week seven now and I'm worried the nervous twitch is starting to become permanent.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Strawberry66

Idrive wrote: »
    Moving in Limerick again :)
    Whoever said we were gone without a shout was wrong !!

Hi Idrive. Did you get a date? I'm on Saturday!! Where roughly did you place?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Idrive

Hi Idrive. Did you get a date? I'm on Saturday!! Where roughly did you place?

In the 160's ish 😊
    Delighted to get an opportunity for an interview.
    Interview is on Monday the 25th.

• Advertisement

Idrive wrote: »
    In the 160's ish 😊
    Delighted to get an opportunity for an interview.
    Interview is on Monday the 25th.

Great stuff. Best of luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 mariosuarez

Orlsheen wrote: »
    Any one apply for Longford/Leitrim/Sligo and hear anything or get interview yet?

The top few were called for supervised tests in April. They were told results would be out end of May/start of June.

Everyone who passes the test should be called for interview in probably July but could be any time after June.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭WilsonIRL

Burton wrote: »
    Any word for anyone that got a letter from the justice department. Week seven now and I'm worried the nervous twitch is starting to become permanent.

Nothing yet

• Registered Users Posts: 8 browncow21

Any one know how long they had to wait from their references being checked to being offered a permanent job? Mid 800's here and coming up to 3 weeks from my references being checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

And Westmeath/Offaly,Roscommon, Galway not was not even called to stage 2 yet

Galway was called for stage 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

browncow21 wrote: »
    Any one know how long they had to wait from their references being checked to being offered a permanent job? Mid 800's here and coming up to 3 weeks from my references being checked.

I think it's dependant on a lot of different factors. There doesn't seem to be one specific waiting period for them. It depends on who is checking them, which department you're going into and what other checks need to be arranged.

Some people were waiting for 8 weeks for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭EmerG28

I got my letter saying I have the job about 5 days after my references were checked. That was about 5 weeks ago now and still waiting for a call with a starting date

• Registered Users Posts: 8 browncow21

Thanks for that info. Slightly worried now that I didn't receive a letter so I might give PAS a call just to check if everything is alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cailindeas123

Galway was called for stage 2

Can I ask when was Galway called for Stage 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Can I ask when was Galway called for Stage 2?

Few weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cailindeas123

Few weeks ago

Thanks. Have you any idea up to what number was called?

Thanks for that info. Slightly worried now that I didn't receive a letter so I might give PAS a call just to check if everything is alright.

I wouldn't be worried. I'm in the exact same boat as you and haven't received my letter either. If you give them a call though, do let us know on here what they say! Anxiously hounding my postman every day at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 yy2015

Did anyone get called to stage 2 for kilkenny/carlow and if so what numbers did they call

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Ciaran10

Had my interview Saturday morning (Dublin) and just got an email to say I have passed..Anyone know how long the next stage of the process will take ?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Diddlina

what number are you roughly? I think it depends on where they are sending you as to the length it takes if that makes sense?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭HannahR31

Diddlina wrote: »
    what number are you roughly? I think it depends on where they are sending you as to the length it takes if that makes sense?

I'm in the same situation (just heard I passed the interview and that they'll contact me if and when they reach my place with vacencies), I'm a little after the mid 800s. Do you know where they are in the numbers atm? Am i right thinking I'm waiting now to hear they're checking referees?

HannahR31 wrote: »
    I'm in the same situation (just heard I passed the interview and that they'll contact me if and when they reach my place with vacencies), I'm a little after the mid 800s. Do you know where they are in the numbers atm? Am i right thinking I'm waiting now to hear they're checking referees?

Early to mid 800s were the last numbers reported here for checking references. That was about 3-4 weeks ago. Some of us have been placed and given start dates, others are still waiting.

Probably the next stage you should expect is being called for references so keep an eye on your phone for the next while :)

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Has anyone needed to contact PAS ref rescheduling an interview? If so what would be the best way to do so. I've emailed the email provided under the contact us section on the website yesterday and have heard nothing back yet. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Deehalligan

Passed my interview. anyone know how long the panel will run for? Very hopeful now that I might get a job but not sure how realistic it is that my place will be reached

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Passed my interview. anyone know how long the panel will run for? Very hopeful now that I might get a job but not sure how realistic it is that my place will be reached

Congratulations :) The competition was announced in June last year if I remember correctly. These competitions usually have a lifespan of 2 years so there's more than likely still over a year left for this one. I think it's very realistic you'll get a job.

Congratulations :) The competition was announced in June last year if I remember correctly. These competitions usually have a lifespan of 2 years so there's more than likely still over a year left for this one. I think it's very realistic you'll get a job.

Thanks, :) fingers crossed I do. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭mrspepperpot

Can you remember that type of questions they asked? I am not at all good at interviews, extremely nervous for mine next week.

Can you remember that type of questions they asked? I am not at all good at interviews, extremely nervous for mine next week.

If you click 'Search this Thread' at the top of this page (under the page number), you can find helpful examples from many people here who did the clerical officer interview.

Try and search something like 'competency' or 'competencies'. I just tried both there and they bring up examples and questions from other posters who did the interview.

There is a wealth of information in this thread as many of us have gone through all these stages before and using 'Search this Thread' means you don't have to slog back through the 300+ pages of information to find them :)

Good luck!

Its all about the competencies and your application form. There are sample questions for them online to help you prepare. I get very nervous too. Preparation is important so spend time on it and you will be fine :)

• Advertisement

Jade182 wrote: »
    If you click 'Search this Thread' at the top of this page (under the page number), you can find helpful examples from many people here who did the clerical officer interview.

Try and search something like 'competency' or 'competencies'. I just tried both there and they bring up examples and questions from other posters who did the interview.

There is a wealth of information in this thread as many of us have gone through all these stages before and using 'Search this Thread' means you don't have to slog back through the 300+ pages of information to find them :)

Good luck!
    Its all about the competencies and your application form. There are sample questions for them online to help you prepare. I get very nervous too. Preparation is important so spend time on it and you will be fine :)

Great advice guys. Thank you!!

Advertisement