Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Are there questions like what are your strengths/weaknesses, why you applied for the job, where do you see yourself in 5 years time (questions in your more private sector type interview) or is it just purely about the competencies?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭HannahR31

Are there questions like what are your strengths/weaknesses, why you applied for the job, where do you see yourself in 5 years time (questions in your more private sector type interview) or is it just purely about the competencies?

Mine was entirely competeny based. Literally went through the competencies one by one, very direct. And then a little bit of elaboration of the application form.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 tommymockler

Had the interview last Saturday and passed that stage. Im late 800s. Any idea how long you might be waiting for reference checks?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭HannahR31

Had the interview last Saturday and passed that stage. Im late 800s. Any idea how long you might be waiting for reference checks?

Mine was last Saturday too..got call for reference checks yesterday. I'm a little after mid 800s. So could be quite soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 tommymockler

HannahR31 wrote: »
    Mine was last Saturday too..got call for reference checks yesterday. I'm a little after mid 800s. So could be quite soon.
    Just got a call to check my references about an hour ago, so fingers crossed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Mrs cockett

Just got a call to check my references about an hour ago, so fingers crossed!

Well done to all who have got this far

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭mrspepperpot

HannahR31 wrote: »
    Mine was entirely competeny based. Literally went through the competencies one by one, very direct. And then a little bit of elaboration of the application form.

When you say went through one by one...did they say things like give an example of team work, give an example of customer service, processing etc?

Failed the interview, ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭paddycakes

Sorry to hear that...did they give you any feedback?

paddycakes wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that...did they give you any feedback?

Nope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭snoopy12

What do people make of the prison service notice?

snoopy12 wrote: »
    What do people make of the prison service notice?

Was just logging on to ask the very same question! Are you for limk Snoopy? When is your interview...I don't know what to make of it. I would like to know more about the hours etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Deehalligan

Mine was the same as Hannah. Assume its all like that for everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Deehalligan

Is the reference checks just a formality at that point? Assuming you don't have a bad one you will get job?

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

Was just logging on to ask the very same question! Are you for limk Snoopy? When is your interview...I don't know what to make of it. I would like to know more about the hours etc.

Generally speaking, PASOs are Monday to Friday, starting at 8, 9 or 10 and finishing at 5, 6 or 7. There is generally a small element of prisoner contact. Occasional Saturday. No overtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭snoopy12

Mrspepperpot, I'm Cork but will be withdrawing from the CO competition. Regarding the PASO's there is a thread here on it. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056680568

Would anyone mind telling me what way they asked the information processing competency please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

How long did it take after doing the supervised aptitude test to get results?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

jaffusmax wrote: »
    How long did it take after doing the supervised aptitude test to get results?

I think it varies. Mine took a bit over 6 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭VONSHIRACH

Had interview today. Went reasonably ok, and I understand it could go eitherway. At least some other posters got result within 4 days after last Saturday so hopefully will get the same speed after today so that I can make plans or move on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Idrive

VONSHIRACH wrote: »
    Had interview today. Went reasonably ok, and I understand it could go eitherway. At least some other posters got result within 4 days after last Saturday so hopefully will get the same speed after today so that I can make plans or move on.

I have mine on Monday.
    Was it straight forward enough or any awkward questions..
    Here preparing examples for the competencies list.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 gillybean89

Anyone heard or know in what areas are CO positions currently being filled in the Dublin region? Are they back to mainly offering positions in PeoplePoint?

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭VONSHIRACH

Idrive wrote: »
    I have mine on Monday.
    Was it straight forward enough or any awkward questions..
    Here preparing examples for the competencies list.[/QUOTE

straightforward enough

1 male 1 female interviewer

just have examples of competencies

they did ask what area like to work in

also what see yourself doing in 5 years, here for the long term etc

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭junipergreen

Think I'll be right behind you :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8 lambeau_leap

Think I'll be right behind you :(

That makes two of us...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ron12412

I'm starting in Revenue tomorrow and I'm quite nervous. Anybody know what I'm to expect, help me settle the nerves.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mariaacarroll

ron12412 wrote: »
    I'm starting in Revenue tomorrow and I'm quite nervous. Anybody know what I'm to expect, help me settle the nerves.

I am starting there tomorrow in Limerick, Sarsfield House. Have already been in there for a year on contract. It's a grand place to work. Everyone very nice in there. Don't know what department yet, will find out tomorrow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

You will probably have an induction tomorrow. A gentle introduction to the civil service. You might be brought to your desk as well.

It will be nothing too heavy. Hopefully you will be starting with a few others.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ron12412

As far as I know a few others are starting tomorrow as well yeah. I know it'll probably be an easy enough day but I can't help but be nervous.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

ron12412 wrote: »
    As far as I know a few others are starting tomorrow as well yeah. I know it'll probably be an easy enough day but I can't help but be nervous.

Of course you are. Well done on getting through. :)

Advertisement