Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭shmeee

jasminej4 wrote: »
    How can this count as a fair assessment?

Especially when it keeps timing out, going offline and then when you go back to it some answers have changed or even been deleted!

Concentration is shot. Wonder how it effects time limit??!?!?!

I'm driven half mad already and haven't even got to answer a question, pages keep timing out or sever busy in red box in bottom of the page. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Think I'm going to do mine in the early hours of the morning..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

jasminej4 wrote: »
    How can this count as a fair assessment?

Especially when it keeps timing out, going offline and then when you go back to it some answers have changed or even been deleted!

Concentration is shot. Wonder how it effects time limit??!?!?!

Presumably anyone who couldn't finish it through no fault of their own will get a chance to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 AliBaba2010

Finally completed the Assessment, at this hour!
    Does anyone know when you find out if you have passed or not?

pharmaton wrote: »
    Most likely profiles along the lines of the MBTI I would have guessed, similar type questions anyway.

What's that now? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

Tarzana wrote: »
    What's that now? :)

Meyers-Briggs Type Indicator, have a Google.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 lauramarie13

Finally completed the Assessment, at this hour!
    Does anyone know when you find out if you have passed or not?

They texted me the next day to say that I was moving on to the aptitude test and gave me a date and time... Mine is tomorrow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭betonit

They texted me the next day to say that I was moving on to the aptitude test and gave me a date and time... Mine is tomorrow!!

well done..... should all successful applicants have been notified about the aptitude tests by now?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 lauramarie13

betonit wrote: »
    well done..... should all successful applicants have been notified about the aptitude tests by now?

There might be delays seeing as they seem to have had a load of technical difficulties.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

I did mine on Saturday and no text yet. So either they're taking a while or I'm an idiot. Either is possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I did mine on Saturday and no text yet. So either they're taking a while or I'm an idiot. Either is possible.

No text yet neither. Did mine on Saturday too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 shazzer86

No text yet neither. Did mine on Saturday too.

I did mine on sunday no reply yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

shazzer86 wrote: »
    I did mine on sunday no reply yet :(

I'm the same no text yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

no word here yet either and I did mine last Thursday. The booklet does say

"A number of days after you have submitted your Assessment Questionnaire, you will receive an
    update to your publicjobs Messageboard outlining when you should expect to receive the link to
    your Aptitude tests."

A number of days....could mean anything.

Well done :) I really hope I get a message to move on to part B, I love doing maths :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

betonit wrote: »

The procedure, as i understand it, is that everyone does the unsupervised aptitude test before the selection takes place. If thats true no one should have been called yet to do the supervised aptitude test, ie there shouldn't be 'successful applicants' at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 shazzer86

corny wrote: »
    The procedure, as i understand it, is that everyone does the unsupervised aptitude test before the selection takes place. If thats true no one should have been called yet to do the supervised aptitude test, ie there shouldn't be 'successful applicants' at this stage.

This is what I thought originally but when I saw someone getting a text I thought I was not successful. :)

What exactly are the supervised test's? Does this mean you go to an allocated venue and take a test in front of a supervisor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

What exactly are the supervised test's? Does this mean you go to an allocated venue and take a test in front of a supervisor?

Yep, people who pass stage 1 will be called to a venue in groups and take similar tests to verify their unsupervised tests

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Alonso77

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Yep, people who pass stage 1 will be called to a venue in groups and take similar tests to verify their unsupervised tests

so there will be 2 sets of apptitude tests? one online and following that, if successful, a supervised one at a designated location?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Has anyone received a reply to the support issue questions they asked during the assesments? Thinking of ringing as mine was a shambles and don't want to be judged on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Tomblyboo

Alonso77 wrote: »
    so there will be 2 sets of apptitude tests? one online and following that, if successful, a supervised one at a designated location?

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭davydoc

I done mine on Saturday, and I've had no word either yet....this is worrying if some have had word, and others haven't...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Tomblyboo wrote: »
    yes

cheers!

cheers!

most likely the top 300 or whatever number will have to resit similar tests in the PAS (they have facilities for this)

the idea is that if you get different results then they assume you had help the first time and they can kick you out of the competition without any comeback from you. it's something they've been trying to get through for a while but has failed because of previous technical problems with online testing that are exactly like the problems users have posted here. looks like they're pushing it through now. no idea where the line lies between the two tests and how different your scores would have to be for them to kick you out. it's all a bit vague. certainly if you have technical difficulties you should complain to PAS. if you say nothing, they'll do nothing about it and carry on regarless.

cheers!

most likely the top 300 or whatever number will have to resit similar tests in the PAS (they have facilities for this)

the idea is that if you get different results then they assume you had help the first time and they can kick you out of the competition without any comeback from you. it's something they've been trying to get through for a while but has failed because of previous technical problems with online testing that are exactly like the problems users have posted here. looks like they're pushing it through now. no idea where the line lies between the two tests and how different your scores would have to be for them to kick you out. it's all a bit vague. certainly if you have technical difficulties you should complain to PAS. if you say nothing, they'll do nothing about it and carry on regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 keowny8

Are you taking the piss?

Nobody else seems to have received a text or message about the aptitude?

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭davydoc

Someone else said a wile back in the thread that they got a text too, and had to reply with CR2 or something .....

• Registered Users Posts: 43 wotaccent

In the pre-test information booklet it states that an email will be sent outlining when you should expect to receive the link to the aptitude tests, and a further email with the link itself. Exactly the same as for the questionnaire. Texts are never mentioned and I would consider such messages dodgy, to say the least.

• Advertisement

wotaccent wrote: »
    Texts are never mentioned and I would consider such messages dodgy, to say the least.

Why? I got a text to tell me to log into publicjobs as I'm sure others did. The texts received re: the aptitude test probably said the same.

Advertisement