Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Deehalligan

good luck to those starting tomorrow. hopefully it will be me soon enough :)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭mrspepperpot

How did everyone find the interviews on Saturday? I found it tricky enough. Did anyone get an email yest advising to check the message board but nothing there when you checked?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭paddycakes

How did everyone find the interviews on Saturday? I found it tricky enough. Did anyone get an email yest advising to check the message board but nothing there when you checked?

Must admin I found it tougher than I thought it would be!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Strawberry66

I thought it went ok until I started to do the post mortum in my head!! Kicking myself over a few things I didn't get in as examples. Hopefully we won't be waiting too long for the results. I didn't get any email yesterday??

I thought it went ok until I started to do the post mortum in my head!! Kicking myself over a few things I didn't get in as examples. Hopefully we won't be waiting too long for the results. I didn't get any email yesterday??

Me too on the examples...it was definitely much tougher than I expected.. The questions were more detailed than I expected based on reading previous posters comments.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Me too on the examples...it was definitely much tougher than I expected.. The questions were more detailed than I expected based on reading previous posters comments.

Do you mind me asking how one or two of the questions were phrased, if you can remember?

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭VONSHIRACH

regarding the email to check your messages, I think there was a time delay with the email. AFAIK it must have related to the PASO message sent last week. For saturday's interview I didn't know about it until last monday as I got the email then, even though when I logged into publicjobs the message was there since friday.

I thought the interview was thorough but professional with courteous interviewers. I had a private sector interview earlier in the week and the main unknown interviewer didn't introduce herself to me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 tommymockler

Hi, got a call about reference checks last Thursday, but have heard nothing since. How long could I be waiting and whats the next stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

Hi, got a call about reference checks last Thursday, but have heard nothing since. How long could I be waiting and whats the next stage?

I got the call for references checks at the end of last month and haven't heard anything yet. Some people get their references checked and a week later get an offer. It's different for everybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Idrive

Just finished my interview. Found it tough but fair.
    A few things threw me, such as examples when you might have missed a deadline.
    Also the Garda vetting form. Listing all your address since birth , while nervous about impending interview.
    Tis in the hands of the gods now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Strawberry66

Idrive wrote: »
    Also the Garda vetting form. Listing all your address since birth , while nervous about impending interview.
    Tis in the hands of the gods now :)

A good tip I picked up from a previous post was to have your previous addresses already prepared especially if you have a lot. Takes a little of the stress out of it!!
    Let's hope the Gods are smiling!! :-)

Jade182 wrote: »
    I got the call for references checks at the end of last month and haven't heard anything yet. Some people get their references checked and a week later get an offer. It's different for everybody.

How do you know if your reference checks went ok and you passed that part?

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

How do you know if your reference checks went ok and you passed that part?

You don't know until you either get a letter or a phone call offering you the job. I haven't heard of anyone failing the references stage as most people wouldn't give reference details of people who would let them down for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭InReality

first day would be a chat with hr for about 30-40 mins and then most likely meet someone from your area , get a seat , get an email address and login , might be given some stuff to read.
    your in for the long haul so first day/week should not be too demanding - everyone knows the first days and introductions are stressful enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭snoopy12

I hVe a few questions Regarding reference checks, at what stage do they look for specific referees? Also, is it more common now to give the contact details for the hr depts rather than specific people? Finally, what do they ask the referees? I had a few sick days in past year relating to a specific condition and am worried it will come against me. Prior to this I had very very few days off due to illness.

snoopy12 wrote: »
    I hVe a few questions Regarding reference checks, at what stage do they look for specific referees? Also, is it more common now to give the contact details for the hr depts rather than specific people? Finally, what do they ask the referees? I had a few sick days in past year relating to a specific condition and am worried it will come against me. Prior to this I had very very few days off due to illness.

I done the interview stage the Saturday and got told I passed that stage the following Wednesday. Then on Thursday they rang looking if they could check my references. I just happened to be beside one of my references. He was on the phone less than 10 minutes. They asked was I pleasant to work with, was I hard worker, good to work on my own and as a team and my reference had to mark me out of 10. They also asked had I taken any sick days and would they recommend me.

I thought we might have gotten our interview results today from last Saturday...looks like we will be waiting a while longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭VONSHIRACH

I thought we might have gotten out interview results today from last Saturday...looks like we will be waiting a while longer

same here. maybe by close of business or tomorrow.

overheard an interviewer say to receptionist that "we have 104 " in for interview today. Dunno if I misheard that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Omc1

I done the interview stage the Saturday and got told I passed that stage the following Wednesday. Then on Thursday they rang looking if they could check my references. I just happened to be beside one of my references. He was on the phone less than 10 minutes. They asked was I pleasant to work with, was I hard worker, good to work on my own and as a team and my reference had to mark me out of 10. They also asked had I taken any sick days and would they recommend me.

just wondering what region was this for and what place are you about?

I hate the not knowing, one way or another...

• Advertisement

Omc1 wrote: »
    just wondering what region was this for and what place are you about?

Dublin. Late 800s, early 900s

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Omc1

Dublin. Late 800s, early 900s

I'm Dublin too, I'm early 1000's hopefully I hear about reference checks soon :D

I hate the not knowing, one way or another...

I hear ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Mhana

Anyone heard about the stage 2 results for the Sligo/Leitrim/Longford region yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Kt1992

Hi, I got a call about 2 weeks ago to say they're going to check my references but I haven't heard anything since.. Has it taken this long for anyone else? Thanks

Kt1992 wrote: »
    Hi, I got a call about 2 weeks ago to say they're going to check my references but I haven't heard anything since.. Has it taken this long for anyone else? Thanks

Its been a week since I got a call about my reference checks and haven't heard anything either. My region is Dublin. Someone else was saying they've been waiting a month. So it seems to be just a waiting game now

• Registered Users Posts: 8 browncow21

Its been a week since I got a call about my reference checks and haven't heard anything either. My region is Dublin. Someone else was saying they've been waiting a month. So it seems to be just a waiting game now

I'm at the 4 week stage since my references have been checked so you are probably in the same boat as a few of us at this stage!!

Come on PAS....let us know if we've passed the interview or not!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 browncow21

Got a letter from PAS confirming that I'm being placed in the central statistics office but no word on the start date yet. It was four weeks from references being contacted to receiving the letter!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭junipergreen

browncow21 wrote:
    Got a letter from PAS confirming that I'm being placed in the central statistics office but no word on the start date yet. It was four weeks from references being contacted to receiving the letter!

In Cork?

Advertisement