Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Strawberry66

Kt1992 wrote: »
    I was waiting about 2 weeks to hear back about mine for Dublin. That was in February and I've only heard from them now about checking references .

That's a long time. Another poster had interview, got result 4 days later, reference check call the next day and has since had an offer. I think that was for Dublin too. Really can't work out how the system works!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Danielle D

That's a long time. Another poster had interview, got result 4 days later, reference check call the next day and has since had an offer. I think that was for Dublin too. Really can't work out how the system works!!

Doesn't seem to be a set system just depends on where staff are needed and how quickly. I had interview mid Oct, got email about passing the Oct bank holiday weekend and didn't hear anything else until early Jan when they called me to check references. Everything moved quick after that coz they had places to fill by end Jan / early Feb.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Beginner to this

Sounds like my story. Interview Thurs, result Tues and refrence check the Weds. Got offer letter 3 weeks later. I was Limerick. Really think it depends how quick departments request staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Deehalligan

Like some, i got job offer yesterday. its for peoplepoint. I'm delighted that things have moved so quickly. I was sure it was going to be months and months if I got job offer. Just in relation to peoplepoint, can anyone tell me where it is in Dublin? Just I don't know that area very well and I'm planning on commuting for a while until I get settled. Also, do they offer flexitime? any info at all would be great. Just I'm not getting an info pack until the Friday before I start :)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Omc1

Like some, i got job offer yesterday. its for peoplepoint. I'm delighted that things have moved so quickly. I was sure it was going to be months and months if I got job offer. Just in relation to peoplepoint, can anyone tell me where it is in Dublin? Just I don't know that area very well and I'm planning on commuting for a while until I get settled. Also, do they offer flexitime? any info at all would be great. Just I'm not getting an info pack until the Friday before I start :)

Congrats on the job :) do you mind me asking where abouts your placing is? Just so I can gauge when I might get called

People point is in Clonskeagh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

The address is Belfield Office Park,. Beech Hill Road,. Clonskeagh,. Dublin 4

That's in south Dublin. I presume they have flexi, most CO's do. Some are restricted to specific times tho.

Omc1 wrote: »
    Congrats on the job :) do you mind me asking where abouts your placing is? Just so I can gauge when I might get called

People point is in Clonskeagh.

I'm in mid 900's :)

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭DoctorDre

I'm late 800's and no offer yet. Anyone else?

Tigger99 wrote: »
    The address is Belfield Office Park,. Beech Hill Road,. Clonskeagh,. Dublin 4

That's in south Dublin. I presume they have flexi, most CO's do. Some are restricted to specific times tho.

Thanks. I googled it and some websites said D4 others said 14 so got confused :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

It's on the border of both. Google map Belfield Office Park and you'll get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭mrspepperpot

DoctorDre wrote: »

Have you contacted PAS? Seems strange that people in the 900s have gotten their offers..oversight maybe?

Have you contacted PAS? Seems strange that people in the 900s have gotten their offers..oversight maybe?

Might give them a ring and check!

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

That could mean that you've a place sorted but they it's not starting for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Ciaran10

I was late 800's aswell and had the interview about 3 weeks ago..found out within days that I had passed and was called last week about reference check..still no job offer yet tho

Ciaran10 wrote: »
    I was late 800's aswell and had the interview about 3 weeks ago..found out within days that I had passed and was called last week about reference check..still no job offer yet tho

Hopefully we'll both hear soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 MarkfromMann

Hi Dee, starting at Peoplepoint myself. Actually took the day off yesterday to drive up to it, just to see what the commute was like etc... Its just off the Dundrum bypass. Coming from Offaly everyday I will be driving it, but there is parking onsite which is a big bonus and does indeed have flexi-time though this is subject to department.
    See you there soon.

Hi Dee, starting at Peoplepoint myself. Actually took the day off yesterday to drive up to it, just to see what the commute was like etc... Its just off the Dundrum bypass. Coming from Offaly everyday I will be driving it, but there is parking onsite which is a big bonus and does indeed have flexi-time though this is subject to department.i
    See you there soon.

Coming from there too. :) thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17 MarkfromMann

Coming from there too. :) thanks

So two biffos starting at the same time huh?
    Its a straight enough drive. I left my house in Edenderry at like 9.20 and was there for 10. I know the traffic woud not have been that bad at that time, but still a good indication as to timings and that. Seemed to be loads of spaces left at that time too.
    All in all everything seems to be positive so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭CBGirl

Has anyone in the Donegal region heard anything about interviews yet? Waiting very impatiently for things to move on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭arbour

My friend is early -Mid 800s and no offer yet. References checked over a month ago. told would be 5 weeks as was getting an advanced security check. So hes still waiting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Kt1992

I'm the same! Getting worried now...

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭paddycakes

I mailed PAS yesterday about the interview results from the 23rd May. Got a reply this morning saying 'results will be issued to your public jobs message board by the end of this week.'

So either today or tomorrow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Idrive

Thanks paddycakes..
    And so the nervous text message twitch begins :D

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭mrspepperpot

paddycakes wrote: »
    I mailed PAS yesterday about the interview results from the 23rd May. Got a reply this morning saying 'results will be issued to your public jobs message board by the end of this week.'

So either today or tomorrow!!

You saved me an email paddycakes thank you! Very nervous now!

You saved me an email paddycakes thank you! Very nervous now!

No bother at all! The waiting and checking every 17 seconds was driving me up the wall. Finally the end is in sight!
    Good luck all!

paddycakes wrote: »
    No bother at all! The waiting and checking every 17 seconds was driving me up the wall. Finally the end is in sight!
    Good luck all!

Brilliant... Thanks paddycakes. Best of luck to you too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Did anyone get results back from the stage 2 exam for Carlow/Kilkenny? Exams were at end of April.
    Not holding out much luck, just want to be put out of my misery at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Notreman

Hi

Im late 900 dublin been offered a post

Has anyone been appointed to Revenue Data Centre in dublin ? Would you know what clerical officers do there and what hours they work - (heard it could be shift)

Thanks

Just got interview results from Sat 23rd May and passed. Woohoo!!! Really hoping you all get good news too!!

• Advertisement

Me too!! YAY!!!

Advertisement