Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭mrspepperpot

Kt1992 wrote: »
    Yes they will ring you and tell you they will be contacting references.. They rang me 3 weeks ago and they haven't contacted mine so don't hand it in too early.

Are you waiting on Limk/ Tipp Kt1992?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Kt1992

Are you waiting on Limk/ Tipp Kt1992?

No Dublin .. I had my interview and results in February . It's taking so long :(

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Strawberry66

shluffles wrote: »
    Just received the all-important message and I passed! I can hardly believe it...was sure I made a complete mess of things at the interview. Was so geared for disappointment that I actually cried on reading it! Oh, the relief!

Thanks to everyone here, may you get your ideal placement, and to those who are still waiting for any result, good luck!
    Ravage1616 wrote: »
    I've been lurking on this thread since it started. Just got confirmation that I passed the interview. Everyone who posted info in this thread has been a great help!

Thanks Guys!

Shluffles and Ravage...... What regions are you and roughly where are you placed? Hopefully things will move quickly now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Burton

Long process and very long wait list, but starting in garda HQ on Monday. Thanks for all the feedback and help and good luck to everyone still waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 shluffles

Shluffles and Ravage...... What regions are you and roughly where are you placed? Hopefully things will move quickly now :D

I'm for Cork, placed higher 90s. I know there's no guarantee of me being offered anything but keeping fingers crossed my number will be reached. And quickly :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

I'm Dublin region and in the low 1000's!

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

For the people who have started already; how are you finding training/settling in?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭denmar

I'm wondering how long this panel will be open for and when the start date is calculated from - will it be from the time you pass your interview or will it be from the beginning of the recruitment campaign last year

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭marylou82

Hey!

Congrats on the position!
    I'm starting there too. Wonder how many of us will be starting at the same time?

quote="Deehalligan;95747630"]Like some, i got job offer yesterday. its for peoplepoint. I'm delighted that things have moved so quickly. I was sure it was going to be months and months if I got job offer. Just in relation to peoplepoint, can anyone tell me where it is in Dublin? Just I don't know that area very well and I'm planning on commuting for a while until I get settled. Also, do they offer flexitime? any info at all would be great. Just I'm not getting an info pack until the Friday before I start :)[/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 6,405 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Just discovered this thread now!

Had my interview in February (Valentines Day) and got the interview results the next week.

Starting work in the Aer lingus cargo building tomorrow in the airport as part of the office of the revenue commissioners.

I'm a complete ball of nerves because I don't know what to expect and I'll only be in the airport for 12 weeks before being transferred to someone else.

That's all the information I've been given,don't even know what I'll be doing in the new position but I cant wait to find out.

Fingers crossed I won't be the only new girl tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Deehalligan

Hi Marylou, congrats to you too. there is a few at least. i don't know exactly. :)
    marylou82 wrote: »
    Hey!

Congrats on the position!
    I'm starting there too. Wonder how many of us will be starting at the same time?

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭rsl1976

Not sure if it's already been posted but there are Clerical Officers positions advertised on Public Jobs for the Pensions Authority. Good typing skills are a must (you will be tested).

• Registered Users Posts: 16 tommymockler

I'm starting in the Courts Service on the 22nd and am just wondering what the dress code is. Would it be a shirt and tie or smart casual?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Orlsheen

I emailed PAS and they replied to say that results for the supervised assessments done on 30th April are due out this week. Well at least I know by Friday I'll be out of my misery.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lmdke

Orlsheen wrote: »
    I emailed PAS and they replied to say that results for the supervised assessments done on 30th April are due out this week. Well at least I know by Friday I'll be out of my misery.

Great, I did them on the 28th of April, so hopefully I will hear this week too !!

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭VONSHIRACH

Regarding this CO position, what are the pension contributions and pension on retirement?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 shluffles

My interview was on the 25th May. Wondering if any interviews were held after that date, especially for Cork. Would feel more confident if there were, as, as things stand, I feel like I'm at the very tail end.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭budget1984

results for sligo / Longford are out

Passed anyway to round 3 but God knows how long it'll be till they get to my number. At least the wait for this part is over. Hope you all did well :)

was placed in the mid 20's. really wasnt expecting that at all. hopefully stage 3 wont take too long.

• Advertisement

Well done, you'll be long interviewed before me, I'm in the late 60's so well done you. Hopefully you wont be too long waiting for interview

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Wasn't expecting to pass due to maths but I did. Am a long way down the list though so wont be holding my breath! Just delighted I passed!

exactly - its great feeling to pass. At least we know now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

budget1984 wrote: »
    was placed in the mid 20's. really wasnt expecting that at all. hopefully stage 3 wont take too long.

Nothing is moving quickly in this process! I got results for my area at the start of April and still waiting for interview stages. No one has been called yet in my region. Waiting impatiently!

sillysocks wrote: »
    Nothing is moving quickly in this process! I got results for my area at the start of April and still waiting for interview stages. No one has been called yet in my region. Waiting impatiently!

thanks. at least we have results and that much is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 yy2015

got results for stage 2 kilkenny carlow

• Registered Users Posts: 35 emcnamee

Stage 2 for Louth/Meath & Cavan/Monaghan posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Got stage 2 result for Cavan/Monaghan today. I got full marks in the maths section but little do they know that I guessed the last 2 as I was running out of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Got stage 2 result for Cavan/Monaghan today. I got full marks in the maths section but little do they know that I guessed the last 2 as I was running out of time.

Well done!
    Aced it :)
    You must be placed top 5 I'd say?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Fear Ciarrai

Smart casual

Deduction is

3% of gross +
    3.5% of gross -2x OAP rate
    Also pay PRD but you will never see a cent of that!

Advertisement