Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Phantasos

Got my placing for the Galway/Clare region, very close to the top! Anyone know if vacancies are expected in any departments in this region? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 shluffles

eroc79 wrote: »
    Just got a call asking permission to contact referees for Cork region.

Delighted for you! I've a long wait ahead but good to hear some on the Cork 'journey' can see the finish line! Hope you get an offer soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Fooker

Phantasos wrote: »
    Got my placing for the Galway/Clare region, very close to the top! Anyone know if vacancies are expected in any departments in this region? :)

Hmmm... It's one of my regions. I did the tests for Dublin and turned down a position. I got an updated placing for Cork, but didn't for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Ciaran10

What way does the whole selection process work..I have passed exams and interview which was stated as Dublin region on the email..was told I should get word of were I am being placed within a few weeks.. Louth /Meath was also one of my options and I see that there now starting interviews for that region..

Would there be a possibility I could be offered a position In louth/Meath instead of Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

How soon after passing Stage 2 did ye find out when your interview would be? Thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭eroc79

Fooker wrote: »
    Hmmm... It's one of my regions. I did the tests for Dublin and turned down a position. I got an updated placing for Cork, but didn't for this?

I was given my placing for 2 of my regions but not the 3rd also even though I know they've gotten results of stage 2

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭EmerG28

Got my call today. Starting in the Garda immigration bureau on the 29th June. Thanks to everyone for the help over the last few months. To everyone still waiting the best of luck to ye all :)

EmerG28 wrote: »
    Got my call today. Starting in the Garda immigration bureau on the 29th June. Thanks to everyone for the help over the last few months. To everyone still waiting the best of luck to ye all :)

Sounds interesting Emer, best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Fear Ciarrai

VONSHIRACH wrote:
    so just say for convenience say annual is 20k,

VONSHIRACH wrote:
    so deduction is (3% x 20 k) + (3.5% x 20k) - (2 x OAP rate)?

VONSHIRACH wrote:
    All those deductions come off before income tax and PRSI presumably?

Yes

VONSHIRACH wrote:
    I didn't know about PRD, so thanks, I just looked it up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 noonie1983

eroc79 wrote: »
    I was given my placing for 2 of my regions but not the 3rd also even though I know they've gotten results of stage 2

I am still waiting on laois offaly 2nd round placing. Has any received theirs? I have gotten cork and tipp/limerick placings and passed the interview stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭armadillo86

noonie1983 wrote: »
    I am still waiting on laois offaly 2nd round placing. Has any received theirs? I have gotten cork and tipp/limerick placings and passed the interview stage.

Pretty sure they haven't gotten to stage 2 for Laois/Offaly/Weatmeath yet so that's probably why.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 clunge

Pretty sure they haven't gotten to stage 2 for Laois/Offaly/Weatmeath yet so that's probably why.

Received my results for stage 2 for laois/offaly/westmeath on Wednesday

clunge wrote: »

Oh right I stand corrected so. Can I ask what ranking you were for stage 1? Just trying to figure out how many were called to stage two.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭denmar

Fooker wrote: »

I'm in same situation with Cork and Kerry. I've had my interview for Cork but no placing for Kerry because I was outside the number of people they tested at stage 2. It's stage 1 results are taken until they reach your number on the other panels. I thought it would be stage 2 supervised results would be the ones that would or should override stage 1 but that's not the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 clunge

Oh right I stand corrected so. Can I ask what ranking you were for stage 1? Just trying to figure out how many were called to stage two.

Got top 10 in westmeath /laois/offaly and top 20 in longford/sligo/leitrim! Was in the top 50's after stage 1

Got top 10 in westmeath /laois/offaly and top 20 in longford/sligo/leitrim! Was in the top 50's after stage 1

Ah ok, thanks. Looks like I still have a big wait ahead of me!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 shluffles

denmar wrote: »
    I'm in same situation with Cork and Kerry. I've had my interview for Cork but no placing for Kerry because I was outside the number of people they tested at stage 2. It's stage 1 results are taken until they reach your number on the other panels. I thought it would be stage 2 supervised results would be the ones that would or should override stage 1 but that's not the case.

Interesting. I can see the logic, though. Say you were placed 30 in area A after stage 1, with 55 pts, and 60 for area B. 35 were called for A and you scored 90, moved up some places for A. In area B 50 were called. Even though you may have scored higher with those 90 points than some of the top 50, it wouldn't be fair on numbers 51 to 59 because they only had one stab at the aptitude tests. I hope that makes sense!

It's still not over though, so good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 noonie1983

I was Placed 117 in Laois Offaly Westmeath no results yet

• Registered Users Posts: 8 sange112000

I've passed stage 2 for Westmeath/offaly area and placed 39 - thought that might be too high to be moved to the next level as I heard most of the jobs are in dublin - fingers crossed

Anyone heard anything for mayo/roscommon area?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 dcoyle277

I've passed stage 2 for Westmeath/offaly area and placed 39 - thought that might be too high to be moved to the next level as I heard most of the jobs are in dublin - fingers crossed

What was your ranking for stage 1 if you can remember? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭DoctorDre

I am early nine hundreds and start next week. Have you been allocated a department and are just waiting on a start date, or have you not heard anything at all?
    I am sure they know what they are doing, maybe they have something special lined up for you?
    Maybe a quick email just to put your mind at rest?

No, I haven't heard anything since the call to check references. Hopefully I'll hear something next week. Best of luck with the job!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭denmar

shluffles wrote: »
    Interesting. I can see the logic, though. Say you were placed 30 in area A after stage 1, with 55 pts, and 60 for area B. 35 were called for A and you scored 90, moved up some places for A. In area B 50 were called. Even though you may have scored higher with those 90 points than some of the top 50, it wouldn't be fair on numbers 51 to 59 because they only had one stab at the aptitude tests. I hope that makes sense!

It's still not over though, so good luck!

Yea, that's true. I won't hold my breath for Kerry though - can't imagine there will be 100 jobs in the area but we'll see. Again it depends on how long the panel is going to be in operation.

dcoyle277 wrote: »
    What was your ranking for stage 1 if you can remember? Thanks

I am positive it was 11th, does that make a difference? Thanks x

Anyone heard anything for mayo/roscommon area?

Nope, no updates for that region for me yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Strawberry66

Just got reference check call for Limerick/Tipp region. Was also told that this panel would expire Summer 2016 for anyone who has asked that question!!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Idrive

What number approx are you Strawberry66 - if you dont mind me asking :)

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Strawberry66

Idrive wrote: »
    What number approx are you Strawberry66 - if you dont mind me asking :)

Mid 140's Idrive...

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭mrspepperpot

Has anyone heard any more since last weeks reference check?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭eroc79

Has anyone heard any more since last weeks reference check?

No. I'm in Cork region

Advertisement