Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭eroc79

connectq wrote: »
    Has anyone been called to stage 2 tests for KK/Carlow, Laois/Offaly/Westmeath or Limerick/Tipp? I have ranked early 300 for KK/Carlow 400 Laois/Offaly and mid 500 for Limerick/Tipp in stage 1 tests. Is there any hope of being called to the next stage?

They've definitely done stage 2 for lim/tipp but I don't know how many were called

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Mrs cockett

Has anyone been called to stage 2 tests for KK/Carlow, Laois/Offaly/Westmeath or Limerick/Tipp? I have ranked early 300 for KK/Carlow 400 Laois/Offaly and mid 500 for Limerick/Tipp in stage 1 tests. Is there any hope of being called to the next stage?
    I believe Laois Offally, Westmeath have been called to stage 2, but I at 140ish was not called

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭connectq

I believe Laois Offally, Westmeath have been called to stage 2, but I at 140ish was not called

I have just heard from someone else that was successful and has passed interview, public jobs had called first 150 for Laois Offaly Westmeath, first 190 from Kilkenny/Carlow and first 320 from limerick/Tipp. It's not looking too good for me unless the start calling more people forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭SOANDSO

All 320 called to stage 2 in Limerick have been placed if successful at interview. Heard they will be calling more for stage 2 in
    Limerick/Tipp

I have just heard from someone else that was successful and has passed interview, public jobs had called first 150 for Laois Offaly Westmeath, first 190 from Kilkenny/Carlow and first 320 from limerick/Tipp. It's not looking too good for me unless the start calling more people forward.

I can only repeat I was not called to stage 2 and I am well within the top 150 on Laois, Offaly Westmeath

• Advertisement

SOANDSO wrote: »
    All 320 called to stage 2 in Limerick have been placed if successful at interview. Heard they will be calling more for stage 2 in
    Limerick/Tipp

Do you think they would call another 320 to stage 2 or will it be less?

I can only repeat I was not called to stage 2 and I am well within the top 150 on Laois, Offaly Westmeath

I would check with public jobs because you should have been called

• Registered Users Posts: 23 clunge

connectq wrote:

Stage 2 for westmeath have been called

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Divisadero

I also got called for stage 2. To the best of my knowledge at this stage they have called more people for Cork and Limerick/Tipp. I don't know about other areas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Bear85

I'm 462 in Limerick Tipp. Just got called for stage 2 yesterday. :-)

• Advertisement

clunge wrote: »
    Stage 2 for westmeath have been called

Do you know how many were called to stage 2 in Westmeath

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

randofmact wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback lads....

Would be interested in hearing from people on their rankings, and job offers. I know you were top 10 eroc79, and have had reference checks right?...anyone else for Cork region?

In the 60s for Cork and haven't heard anything about reference checking yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 shluffles

randofmact wrote: »
    Hey everyone....what a thread.

I've been keeping an eye on this for my girlfriend whos not a member. Shes Cork region, got her Stage 2 results ranked 89 in March, then passed her interview and got a notification on 5th of this month.

I see there have been a few people from Cork who've had calls regarding checking references, etc. I'm just wondering what positions you guys were? Do you expect a person positioned at 89 to get offered a position? I know you guys can't know for sure but just wondering what you gut feeling would be.

Would I be right in thinking that there is not necessarily 88 people ahead of my oh, as the rankings were prior to interview, and we've been told you keep your ranking. So, if anyone ranked higher but didn't pass the interview wouldn't that mean there could be less that 88 ahead of her.

Sorry for all the questions, but she thinks she's waaaaayyy down the line from getting a call/position.

Thanks

My thoughts exactly, randofmact. I'm in the 90s so am a bit more worried in fact. However, when I learned that more people were called for stage 2, it did put my hopes up. I'm sure they wouldn't have called any more if the jobs weren't going to be there. Although I dearly wish it would be sooner rather than later, I'm still gearing myself for a long wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭junipergreen

randofmact wrote:
    Would be interested in hearing from people on their rankings, and job offers. I know you were top 10 eroc79, and have had reference checks right?...anyone else for Cork region?

Hey there, I'm top 30 in Cork. Reference check done this week. No job offer yet of course :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Did the Stage 2 tests for Carlow / Kilkenny in April. Don't know how many were called altogether.

No idea

No idea

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Beginner to this

SOANDSO wrote:
    All 320 called to stage 2 in Limerick have been placed if successful at interview. Heard they will be calling more for stage 2 in Limerick/Tipp

Hi soandso, just wondering where you got this info. A friend of mine has been told she was succesful at interview but hasnt got the call for reference checks.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭mrspepperpot

For those waiting on Limerick offers, a friend told me the will be 30 starting in Sarsfield House at the end of July, she works in there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Strawberry66

SOANDSO wrote: »
    Limerick/Tipp
    Hi soandso, just wondering where you got this info. A friend of mine has been told she was succesful at interview but hasnt got the call for reference checks.

Hi SOANDSO. Interested too as I'm in the 140s and haven't been placed yet. One of my referees was contacted yesterday. More have def been called to stage 2 in the last day or so.

• Advertisement

I spoke to PAS this morning they have now called up to approx 450 to stage 2 limerick/Tipperary and there hasn't been any more called for Kilkenny/Carlow or Laois/Offaly/Westmeath.

Hopefully they will call more in the future. Competition is open for two years.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Omc1

Just got the reference checks call. I'm in the early 1000s in Dublin. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Carlowgirl

Hi just got called for stage 2 for Dublin! Does anyone know will they send a link to practice the aptitude tests! The link they sent last year does not appear to be working still! How do we practice? Thanks in advance and also how much practice are people doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Carlowgirl

Hi just got called for stage 2 for Dublin! Does anyone know will they send a link to practice the aptitude tests! The link they sent last year does not appear to be working still! How do we practice? Thanks in advance and also how much practice are people doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lmdke

I spoke to PAS this morning they have now called up to approx 450 to stage 2 limerick/Tipperary and there hasn't been any more called for Kilkenny/Carlow or Laois/Offaly/Westmeath.

Hopefully they will call more in the future. Competition is open for two years.

Did they say if they intend calling anyone for interview in Kilkenny / Carlow anytime soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Omc1 wrote: »
    Just got the reference checks call. I'm in the early 1000s in Dublin. :D

Do you know what kind of role you are going for?

red_bairn wrote: »
    Do you know what kind of role you are going for?

No Idea she said she didn't know. Goes on a daily basis. Departments ring them up on a daily basis and say they need a certain amount of people and they just give them the next people on the list

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Strawberry66

Does anyone know is it PAS who do the reference checks or the dept you have been assigned to? My referee thinks it was Revenue who contacted her but she wasn't sure.

Does anyone know is it PAS who do the reference checks or the dept you have been assigned to? My referee thinks it was Revenue who contacted her but she wasn't sure.

Well PAS told me yesterday that it was them who were sending the form to my referee. They said when the reference checks are done that a department will ring them up looking for a certain amount of people and they just give them the next names on the list

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭mrspepperpot

The lady from PAS said she would be phoning once she got off the phone from me and I heard from my referees within an hour to say they had been contacted by a dublin number.

Advertisement