Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Strawberry66

The lady from PAS said she would be phoning once she got off the phone from me and I heard from my referees within an hour to say they had been contacted by a dublin number.

Thanks mrspepperpot. I thought it would be PAS but she was convinced it was Revenue. Just wondering!!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭HannahR31

Yes they'll send along a new link soon. And it's a while ago but I think i did the practice stuff just once. Good luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 tullymaur

Anybody get called into part 2 test in Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Carlowgirl wrote: »
    Hi just got called for stage 2 for Dublin! Does anyone know will they send a link to practice the aptitude tests! The link they sent last year does not appear to be working still! How do we practice? Thanks in advance and also how much practice are people doing?

http://www.publicjobs.ie/publicjobs/advice/test/assess.htm

Click on the link for the practice CO tests on that page. It'll let you do verbal reasoning, numerical reasoning and error checking tests. There is only one example of each test to practice on though so you'll probably get too used to it after you've done them 3 or 4 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

Omc1 wrote: »
    Just got the reference checks call. I'm in the early 1000s in Dublin. :D

Just got the same call, low 1000's as well!

• Advertisement

I got invited to interview this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

I got invited to interview this evening.

What area is that for?

sillysocks wrote: »
    What area is that for?

Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭lauras91

Got email for interview next week.. Carlow/Kilkenny area.
    Is it absolutely essential to include current employer as a reference? At what stage would they be contacted?
    I'm not sure if I want to leave my current job, depends on what area/department etc if offered...

• Registered Users Posts: 16 tommymockler

Hi all. Just started in Dublin today. It said on the letter I got that I had to wait a year before requesting a transfer. I'm happy I have a job, but the cost in Dublin is very expensive, I was just wondering could I request a transfer this early? Would it be bad form?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lmdke

lauras91 wrote: »
    Got email for interview next week.. Carlow/Kilkenny area.
    Is it absolutely essential to include current employer as a reference? At what stage would they be contacted?
    I'm not sure if I want to leave my current job, depends on what area/department etc if offered...

I got the email this evening for interview for Carlow / Kilkenny next week too!
    It says on the form that your current employer won't be contacted until all other checks are completed & that you will be notified before they call them

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭lauras91

lmdke wrote: »
    I got the email this evening for interview for Carlow / Kilkenny next week too!
    It says on the form that your current employer won't be contacted until all other checks are completed & that you will be notified before they call them

Congrats! I'm just wondering are they called after you have accepted a position?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭connectq

Hi all. Just started in Dublin today. It said on the letter I got that I had to wait a year before requesting a transfer. I'm happy I have a job, but the cost in Dublin is very expensive, I was just wondering could I request a transfer this early? Would it be bad form?

Put your name on the transfer list as soon as you start as it could take a long time to get a transfer and the sooner you are on it the better for you. My sister applied for her transfer as soon as she started 8 years ago and had transfer to limerick within 5 months. It could take longer now as there isn't as much movement.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭bagel2010

lauras91 wrote: »
    Congrats! I'm just wondering are they called after you have accepted a position?

Hi congrats on call for interview what position were you after stage 2 if u dont mind me asking just wondering how many they calling to interview

They call you after they send you the letter to say u successful at interview to see are u still interested and can they contact referees but they dont tell you where u going or what dept

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭DoctorDre

Anyone in the 800's still waiting to be placed?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Kt1992

DoctorDre wrote: »
    Anyone in the 800's still waiting to be placed?

Yes, I'm still waiting.. They rang about 6 weeks ago asking to contact references .. I rang 2 weeks ago to ask when they will be contacting my references and they said it should be a week or so. Thank god I'm not the only one.

Kt1992 wrote: »
    Yes, I'm still waiting.. They rang about 6 weeks ago asking to contact references .. I rang 2 weeks ago to ask when they will be contacting my references and they said it should be a week or so. Thank god I'm not the only one.

The rang me yesterday to check references and then rang them straight away!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 OisinBoi

Got an unexpected email today inviting me to stage 2. I applied for Dublin region and Longford, Leitrim & Sligo region. Unsure to which one I've been given stage 2 for though.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Omc1

I asked my current employer were they contacted yet and she said no. PAS rang me on Friday to say they were going to ring them. But haven't yet??

Been waiting 6 weeks now too. I rang last week and was told I was in the clearance process. Really hope we hear soon!

• Advertisement

Ravage1616 wrote: »
    The rang me yesterday to check references and then rang them straight away!

Ugh don't tell me that.:( are you in 800's as well?

DoctorDre wrote: »
    Been waiting 6 weeks now too. I rang last week and was told I was in the clearance process. Really hope we hear soon!

Yeah me too. Maybe they have somewhere for us but we're not needed yet. Do you know how much notice they will give us?

Yeah me too. Maybe they have somewhere for us but we're not needed yet. Do you know how much notice they will give us?

I hope so. Starting to think they don't want me :P No, I actually have no idea how much notice we should get!

Ugh don't tell me that.:( are you in 800's as well?

I'm in the early 1000's!

Fingers crossed you hear from them soon, it's along process as it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

Just got a call asking me if I was still interested in the Cork region as they are "assigning positions now". Gracefully bowed out as I've another civil service job I'm waiting to hear back on.

Good luck to everyone.

Edit: Ranked mid 40s.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Meathlass wrote: »
    Just got a call asking me if I was still interested in the Cork region as they are "assigning positions now". Gracefully bowed out as I'm another civil service job I'm waiting to hear back on.

Good luck to everyone.

Where were you positioned for Cork if you don't mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Fooker

Yes indeed, your initial ranking and your second one?

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭eroc79

Anyone in Cork been placed yet. Was asked about references couple weeks ago and have heard nothing since

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Just got call asking to check references "today". In 60s for cork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭paddycakes

Just got call asking to check references "today". In 60s for cork.

Just got the call as well, I'm in work at the moment so I was able to give my boss the heads up. She rang him immediately so that's all done and dusted!

Advertisement