Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭davydoc

To be fair, I got a text on Friday morning to tell me to log onto public jobs, it was a few hours before my 'window' opened for doing the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭dani27

I just did the assessment part. Fingers crossed I did ok. Fecking internet cut a few times during it, (or else the server crashed) so I had to log in and log out a few times.

Maybe there was a cohort doing the tests BEFORE the Friday to Monday window, and maybe it's that group getting text messages to go forward to the online aptitude test.....just a guess though

Just done a quick check, it was the same poster who got the text........and it was sent at the weekend.......to be honest, even she was dubious herself, I think I would be too, given it was the weekend, and she SEEMS to be the only one who got it.....all be it on here...

Hi, did anyone get a text today telling you that you were moving on to the aptitude test stage, giving you a date for it, and asking you to reply something like "C23" to confirm? I thought it was a bit funny that they sent the text so soon and that they sent it at the weekend. I had been thinking that we wouldn't hear about that until everyone had done the first stage? Just wondering

This......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Only one person received a text on a Sunday of all days. Even Department Secretaries take Sunday off unless we're being invaded. Or the banks are doing weird things.
    Logically, the part B texts shouldn't go out until all the part A's are completed. That's this coming Friday as far as I can tell.
    After the fiasco of last night and the dropped connections, I would expect a quiet weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 wotaccent

Someone can receive a text message alerting them to the fact that their messageboard has been updated, if they ticked the box where it says "I would like to receive SMS text alerts when my publicjobs.ie message board is updated" when they applied. But the message will not be in the text itself. You still have to go onto publicjobs to access it. At least that is how I understand it.

But who will update their messegeboard for them at the weekend ( Sunday ) ? I just think its a weird time is all....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

wotaccent wrote: »
    Someone can receive a text message alerting them to the fact that their messageboard has been updated, if they ticked the box where it says "I would like to receive SMS text alerts when my publicjobs.ie message board is updated" when they applied. But the message will not be in the text itself. You still have to go onto publicjobs to access it. At least that is how I understand it.

+1. Exactly how I get the alerts. No content in the SMS itself.

Exact content :

Dear ___

Please log onto your profile at http://www.publicjobs.ie/ to view a new message, your username is ______.
    Thank you, Public Appointments Service.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 wotaccent

I hope the poster checked with her messageboard before 'confirming' anything. Why should she have to confirm? She would either do the test or not do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Just got a mail saying there was 28000 applications so the test is open until saturday.

Did you ask how many were in for it ?

davydoc wrote: »
    Did you ask how many were in for it ?

Its in my Publicjobs mail, you can't reply, was unsolicited.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Divisadero

Okay guys somebody has just received a message saying 28,000 have applied and due to the issues with the questionnaires the deadline for the last batch has been extended. I would say nobody will be given aptitude details until everyone has completed the questionnaire. The poster who has received one is either winding you up, is confusing the questionnaire with the aptitude test or the PAS have sent a message in error.

Divisadero wrote: »
    Okay guys somebody has just received a message saying 28,000 have applied and due to the issues with the questionnaires the deadline for the last batch has been extended. I would say nobody will be given aptitude details until everyone has completed the questionnaire. The poster who has received one is either winding you up, is confusing the questionnaire with the aptitude test or the PAS have sent a message in error.

Questionnaire/test whatever, I'm obviously referring to the first stage. I'm no asshole and not interested in "winding up" you or anyone else.

Also if you have had problems with the questionnaire you should let the PAS know. It is too important to rush or do when you are stressed due to IT problems. You could also send a link to this thread to Minister Howlins dept. LOL.

Questionnaire/test whatever, I'm obviously referring to the first stage. I'm no asshole and not interested in "winding up" you or anyone else.

Calm down! I never said you were. I gave three possibilities as people are worried that they have not been called to the next stage. If it was obvious people wouldn't have misunderstood you in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 catwalkqueen

I've been kicked out of the assessment questionnaire part for the 4th time. This is really bad (understatement)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

28,000. Feckin' hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 catwalkqueen

Ok, just been kicked out for the 6th time. Has this happened to anyone else? When you went back in, your 'saved' responses had changed. So, I had completed Sections A and B. When I went back in and managed to get to Section B for the third time, they had changed the order of the questions and had saved only some of my responses, but because of the changed order, the answers were now in the wrong places (if you get my drift). Has anyone else had this experience? This whole thing is mad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Anyone getting "Unable To Connect" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭loverslane

I presume it is a matter of "keep trying" when it keeps throwing up "unable to connect". Was using Chrome and then switched to Explorer but both the same

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭loverslane

Plazaman wrote: »
    Anyone getting "Unable To Connect" ?

Yes. My deadline is tomorrow 1pm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Now it's saying due to the volumes using it, they've taken it offline!!! :eek:
    Try Again Later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Plazaman wrote: »
    Now it's saying due to the volumes using it, they've taken it offline!!! :eek:
    Try Again Later.

it did the same according to this thread last night, i'd say peoples best bets are to do it early in the morning.

I think a possible good idea for people getting repeatedly locked out might be to take screen shots of the error message, then they can mail them to PAS if needs be, to back up their reasons - if they don't get it done in time.....just an idea, doubtless it'll be shot down in flames though....

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lucky3307

Ok, just been kicked out for the 6th time. Has this happened to anyone else? When you went back in, your 'saved' responses had changed. So, I had completed Sections A and B. When I went back in and managed to get to Section B for the third time, they had changed the order of the questions and had saved only some of my responses, but because of the changed order, the answers were now in the wrong places (if you get my drift). Has anyone else had this experience? This whole thing is mad.

Cat walk queen the same thing with me plus my computer started to act up kicking me out: I did notice at one stage while rushing against my computer that the questions had changed around so I sorted them but I'm beginning to wonder now in my hast did I change all and answer the questions as I would have liked; any suggestions such I ring some one or is it to late IOI

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Maggiesims

Tarzana wrote: »
    28,000. Feckin' hell.

I heard 63,000

• Registered Users Posts: 18,126 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Maggiesims wrote: »
    I heard 63,000

Where? :eek: 62,999 plus me, holy excrement Batman.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

Maggiesims wrote: »
    I heard 63,000

28,000 seems to be the official number according to whoever got an email from them. Keep applying for other jobs, people, I know I am! :)

Advertisement