Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭mrspepperpot

Has anyone in the 130s started in Limerick? Curious to know if us 140s are next to be called

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Strawberry66

Has anyone in the 130s started in Limerick? Curious to know if us 140s are next to be called

Yes. I know someone who was mid 130's started last Monday week in Revenue, Sarsfield House. Hopefully not too long now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

paddycakes wrote: »
    Just got the call as well, I'm in work at the moment so I was able to give my boss the heads up. She rang him immediately so that's all done and dusted!

Do you know if they just rang your current employer?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭paddycakes

Do you know if they just rang your current employer?

Just the current one, she said that on the phone. I got the impression that was the only one she was going to call.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 randofmact

Just wondering about those that got jobs...what type of contract have you been given? Was it a 12 month, or just a permanent post with no duration?

I'm asking as my girlfriend is 89 in Cork and i see they're checking references in the 60's now. The thing is that we are hoping to go for a mortgage and if she is only offered a contract, i'm wondering what effect that might have on our application?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Houdini212

Apologies if it has been asked before but how long does the supervised tests last for?

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭eroc79

randofmact wrote: »
    Just wondering about those that got jobs...what type of contract have you been given? Was it a 12 month, or just a permanent post with no duration?

I'm asking as my girlfriend is 89 in Cork and i see they're checking references in the 60's now. The thing is that we are hoping to go for a mortgage and if she is only offered a contract, i'm wondering what effect that might have on our application?

As far as I can tell these are permanent positions as long as you don't do anything daft during the probationary period. Contract work would come under temporary positions. I'm open to correction on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭mrspepperpot

Yes. I know someone who was mid 130's started last Monday week in Revenue, Sarsfield House. Hopefully not too long now :)

When did they do their interview/ when were references checked Strawberry66? Are they in the call centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭SOANDSO

eroc79 wrote: »
    As far as I can tell these are permanent positions as long as you don't do anything daft during the probationary period. Contract work would come under temporary positions. I'm open to correction on this.

These positions are permanent. Temporary positions are handled seperately

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Divisadero

Yes it's a life sentence! The probation period used to be two years but I think it has since (sensibly) been reduced to one year. Perhaps someone else could confirm this.

• Advertisement

When did they do their interview/ when were references checked Strawberry66? Are they in the call centre?

Interviewed in 1st batch in March. In LPT section not call centre. Heard from a HEO today that more placements imminent in Sarsfield House.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dreamcastfan

I passed stage 2 for Kildare/Wicklow region a while ago, haven't heard anything yet, can anybody tell me please if they have been called for interview yet for this region?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 gems1183

Hi just got email asking me to attend stage 2 tests on the 14th July, I placed 200 in mayo roscommon so didn't expect to hear anything. Is this the first call for my region?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭forzawexford10

lmdke wrote: »
    I got the email this evening for interview for Carlow / Kilkenny next week too!
    It says on the form that your current employer won't be contacted until all other checks are completed & that you will be notified before they call them

Hi lads those who have been called for interview for carlow/kilkenny what rank are you?
    Or do you know how many have been called to this stage.

Good to see the ball rolling in this area hope it keeps going

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Beginner to this

Divisadero wrote:
    Yes it's a life sentence! The probation period used to be two years but I think it has since (sensibly) been reduced to one year. Perhaps someone else could confirm this.

You are correct 12 month probation and permanent after that. They look at you as being permanent from the start though work wise, Id say it would have to be something major to not get it. Re the mortgage, not sure the bank would take the probation as permanent. Personally I am waiting until 12 months are up before going for a mortgage, two down ten to go!!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 juru

I was placed 490 in limerick in April Is the next stage an interview or will I be called to do further aptitudes test

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lmdke

Hi lads those who have been called for interview for carlow/kilkenny what rank are you?
    Or do you know how many have been called to this stage.

Good to see the ball rolling in this area hope it keeps going

I was placed at 21, I don't know how many are being called though!

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭eroc79

juru wrote: »
    I was placed 490 in limerick in April Is the next stage an interview or will I be called to do further aptitudes test

After stage 2 in dublin is the interview stage if they reach your number.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 pepper61

juru wrote: »

Hi juru, Are you asking about results from the TCO 2015 competition from April? This thread is talking about the CO 2014 competition. For the CO competition there is a stage 2 supervised aptitude test in Dublin. The TCO 2015 competition you will be called straight to interview.

Thanks for your response. I applied in july 2014 and was placed and told what position I had attained in April 2015 so I am not sure. I have not had supervised test only online ones

• Advertisement

Just realised that I had appiled for tco

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

Fooker wrote: »
    Yes indeed, your initial ranking and your second one?
    Where were you positioned for Cork if you don't mind me asking?

Initial ranking in the 70s and second ranking in the 40s.

I was interviewed for a CO position in Dublin but turned it down. Obviously didn't have to interview a second time for Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Bear85

Does anyone know any site that offers practice tests other than Public Jobs? I have Stage 2 next Thursday and I feel like I know the public jobs questions too well to use for practice. :)

Bear85 wrote: »
    Does anyone know any site that offers practice tests other than Public Jobs? I have Stage 2 next Thursday and I feel like I know the public jobs questions too well to use for practice. :)

Found this one good. Best of luck!!

http://www.practiceaptitudetests.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Carlowgirl

Hi does anyone know how many tests there are is it three or four in the supervised test! ? And are they very similar to practice tests especially the maths! Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dreamcastfan

Anybody news on movement for the Kildare region please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Carlowgirl wrote: »
    Hi does anyone know how many tests there are is it three or four in the supervised test! ? And are they very similar to practice tests especially the maths! Thanks in advance!

I had 3 but one of the girls I work with as called for stage 2 next week and she seems to have 4 tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 niconoa

gems1183 wrote: »
    Hi just got email asking me to attend stage 2 tests on the 14th July, I placed 200 in mayo roscommon so didn't expect to hear anything. Is this the first call for my region?

Was wondering the same thing. This week was the first I heard anything. I placed in the 40s and have stage 2 test on the 13th so maybe it is.

I had 3 but one of the girls I work with as called for stage 2 next week and she seems to have 4 tests.

I also had 3 tests back in January but I vaguely remember a post about another test which was optional I think?? I don't think they could introduce an additional test halfway through the process. Would be a little unfair!! :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭DoctorDre

Got an offer today for Revenue. I am so happy! Best of luck to everyone still waiting for their placement, this forum has been a great help. :)

Advertisement