Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Strawberry66

DoctorDre wrote: »
    Got an offer today for Revenue. I am so happy! Best of luck to everyone still waiting for their placement, this forum has been a great help. :)

Yayyy. At last!!! Congrats :)

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭DoctorDre

Idrive wrote: »
    Can I please ask what number you are approx
    The wait is killing me :)

I was late 800's. The wait almost killed me too!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Idrive

well congrats DrDre.. its been a long process for sure.
    Have a drink tonight !!

Just realised you are in the Dublin.

Idrive wrote: »
    well congrats DrDre.. its been a long process for sure.
    Have a drink tonight !!

Just realised you are in the Dublin.

Very long but hopefully worthwhile for us all. Let us know when you get your offer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cargeo

Hi, following thread for the last year. Great help! I completed stage 2 in Feb for Dublin region and was placed mid 1100's. Has anyone been called for interview yet near this range?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

cargeo wrote: »
    Hi, following thread for the last year. Great help! I completed stage 2 in Feb for Dublin region and was placed mid 1100's. Has anyone been called for interview yet near this range?

I placed in the high 1000s and have been called for interview. I'm not sure if they have broken into the 1100s yet for interviews. I did stage 2 in February too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

I also had 3 tests back in January but I vaguely remember a post about another test which was optional I think?? I don't think they could introduce an additional test halfway through the process. Would be a little unfair!! :confused:

I remember something about an optional equality monitoring survey...I think but I don't remember there being 4 tests. It's a bit strange introducing a new test a year into the CO competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Kt1992

Got an offer today for Revenue. I am so happy! Best of luck to everyone still waiting for their placement, this forum has been a great help. :)

Best of luck! Hopefully I'll hear soon. When do you start?

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Ciaran

In Dublin?

Kt1992 wrote: »
    Best of luck! Hopefully I'll hear soon. When do you start?

Thanks, I was hoping you'd heard yourself. Still waiting for a start date!

• Advertisement

Ciaran wrote: »
    In Dublin?

Yes, Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Ciaran

Yes, Dublin

Congrats. I started there on January, You'll get loads of training and the mentors looking after you are all great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

I was informed earlier today that my girlfriend has a place in the Leinster House. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5 gillybean89

red_bairn wrote: »
    I was informed earlier today that my girlfriend has a place in the Leinster House. :eek:

Wow, that's awesome. Can I ask roughly what number was she, was she waiting long to get a placement?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Wow, that's awesome. Can I ask roughly what number was she, was she waiting long to get a placement?

In the 900s. I think the interview was a few weeks ago (roughly 2-3 weeks). I told her about this thread and that people were being called and then an hour or so later people called her about the position (but she forgot to ask at this stage where it was for).

• Registered Users Posts: 43 gems1183

niconoa wrote: »
    Was wondering the same thing. This week was the first I heard anything. I placed in the 40s and have stage 2 test on the 13th so maybe it is.

They must have called us all together as I'm ranked 200, my test is on the 14th

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭tanolo1

Just wondering has anyone heard anything for Sligo/Leitrim/Longford. Got the results of the 2nd assessments almost a month ago . . but nothing since ....

• Registered Users Posts: 23 clunge

tanolo1 wrote:
    Just wondering has anyone heard anything for Sligo/Leitrim/Longford. Got the results of the 2nd assessments almost a month ago . . but nothing since ....

In the same boat, have heard nothing since results

• Registered Users Posts: 5 peteykav123

Hi,

New to this thread. I sat my stage 2 aptitude test this morning. From experience can people tell me when I can expect to hear If I've been successful.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 sue27...

Hi had interview last week and an email saying I was successful. I'm in the early 80's will it be long long before I hear??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭eroc79

sue27... wrote: »
    Hi had interview last week and an email saying I was successful. I'm in the early 80's will it be long long before I hear??

Depends on how many positions are available. Unfortunately you might never hear anything more but that's being very pessimistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 peteykav123

Sue,

From experience, how long was it from sitting stage 2 of the test to where you are now with the whole process.

Thanks

Sue,

From experience, how long was it from sitting stage 2 of the test to where you are now with the whole process.

Thanks

I sat stage 2 in march and had interview last week. So 3 months roughly :)

eroc79 wrote: »
    Depends on how many positions are available. Unfortunately you might never hear anything more but that's being very pessimistic.

Really. Oh I'd be so disappointed, after traveling from West clare for interview. Such is life I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭carleigh

I just got offered Peoplepoint today. For those of you travelling from Offaly, how is the commute? I will be driving from Portarlington and wondering how I am going to manage it, its 180km round trip. On top of that, I'll be relocating from Clare to Laois so I really need to know if its doable. Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Trish21

carleigh wrote: »
    I just got offered Peoplepoint today. For those of you travelling from Offaly, how is the commute? I will be driving from Portarlington and wondering how I am going to manage it, its 180km round trip. On top of that, I'll be relocating from Clare to Laois so I really need to know if its doable. Thanks in advance!

Hi do u mind me asking what position you are on the panel Dublin panel? I did the interview 4-5 weeks ago. Where you waiting long between interview, checking references and being offered position. My num is mid 1000's.

Thanks a mil

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Deehalligan

Hi Carleigh, I assume M7 is the best from Portarlington. Traffic can be bad but with flexitime its manageable. if you leave at 4 you can beat a lot of it, i've worked until 6 a couple of times to build up hours, and traffic has very much eased. As I'm in a different part of Offaly, I can't say how bad M7 gets but I'm guessing it would take you an hour when its not too bad. if you leave work at 5, expect to be sitting. If you are getting the train and then the dart, there is a shuttle bus available. any questions, PM me :)

carleigh wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭EmerG28

Sat stage 2 mid dec, interview mid feb, got mail saying I passed 2 weeks later. Reference checks around the first week of April, letter the next week saying I got a job in the dept of justice. Got my call assigning me a position 3 week ago, then they called the week after to change it. And I started today. Best of luck with it :)

Hi,

New to this thread. I sat my stage 2 aptitude test this morning. From experience can people tell me when I can expect to hear If I've been successful.

Thanks

EmerG28 wrote: »
    Sat stage 2 mid dec, interview mid feb, got mail saying I passed 2 weeks later. Reference checks around the first week of April, letter the next week saying I got a job in the dept of justice. Got my call assigning me a position 3 week ago, then they called the week after to change it. And I started today. Best of luck with it :)

They offered you a different position? Drastically different?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭EmerG28

They offered you a different position? Drastically different?

No not at all. Am in Store St station now. So all good :)

Advertisement