Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭DoctorDre

EmerG28 wrote: »
    No not at all. Am in Store St station now. So all good :)

Brilliant, hope you settle in well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭EmerG28

DoctorDre wrote: »
    Brilliant, hope you settle in well :)

Thank you :) Have you gotten your date yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭DoctorDre

EmerG28 wrote: »
    Thank you :) Have you gotten your date yet?

No still waiting, hopefully soon, I just want to get started :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭EmerG28

DoctorDre wrote: »
    No still waiting, hopefully soon, I just want to get started :)

It's great knowing when your starting. Fingers crossed it'll come soon for you. Keep us updated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Carlowgirl

Hi does anyone know what is the pass mark for stage 2 especially the maths! Thanks in advance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 peteykav123

I'm not sure. I sat mine this week and wasn't too happy with the numerical reasoning section. Only time will tell

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭archie199

I did stage 2 yesterday as well, I wasn't too happy with it. Especially the Maths too! The first few questions were ok but I was rushing at the end trying to finish it... One of my friends who's working in Revenue said you only need 8 in the numerical to pass, will be very disappointed if I don't pass it now. I think it's 12 to pass for verbal reasoning and 22 for error checking. Did ye answer all questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Carlowgirl

archie199 wrote: »
    I did stage 2 yesterday as well, I wasn't too happy with it. Especially the Maths too! The first few questions were ok but I was rushing at the end trying to finish it... One of my friends who's working in Revenue said you only need 8 in the numerical to pass, will be very disappointed if I don't pass it now. I think it's 12 to pass for verbal reasoning and 22 for error checking. Did ye answer all questions?
    No I didn't answer all questions!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 peteykav123

Really? Only 8. That seems reasonable. Yeah I got through all questions, some more rushed than others as I tried not to get bogged down. How do you find the test overall?

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Divisadero

This thread has been going on for so long I've forgotten but is it still the case that you only have to pass the Numerical with the score having no bearing on your placment on the panel (your placement is decided by the Verbal and Error Checking tests)? This was the case but I'm not sure if it's changed. I think I read somewhere it was now included. But that might have been for the EO or some other competition.

• Advertisement

He said 8 ya, seems pretty reasonable. I found the error checking easy but I struggled with the verbal and numerical parts, I didn't manage time too well so the last few questions of those parts were all guessed. I answered all questions but it's 50-50 to be honest, just hope I managed to pass it. Will find out soon anyway! I think your scores for each of the three parts are taken into consideration when determining your place on the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

How long do the stage 2 tests take? i.e how long do you spend there

How long do the stage 2 tests take? i.e how long do you spend there

The tests only take 54 mins, around another 30 minutes between registration and examples. You won't spend longer than 90 mins there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Carlowgirl wrote: »
    Hi does anyone know what is the pass mark for stage 2 especially the maths! Thanks in advance!

Pass marks are:

398 for verbal
    313 for numerical
    292 for checking information

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Pass marks are:

398 for verbal
    313 for numerical
    292 for checking information

What's the breakdown of that? I was just curious because there's 26 questions for verbal, 21 for numerical and 46 for error checking. Roughly, what mark do you have to reach in each category?

Apparently, these are the scores you need to reach.
    Test Name: Verbal Reasoning

Qualifying score: 398
    Maximum Score: 688

Test Name: Numerical

Qualifying score: 313
    Maximum Score: 648

Test Name: Checking Information test

Qualifying score: 292
    Maximum Score: 663

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭carleigh

Trish21 wrote: »
    Hi do u mind me asking what position you are on the panel Dublin panel? I did the interview 4-5 weeks ago. Where you waiting long between interview, checking references and being offered position. My num is mid 1000's.

Thanks a mil

I'm in the 900's. I did the interview in May. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

archie199 wrote: »
    Apparently, these are the scores you need to reach.
    Test Name: Verbal Reasoning

Qualifying score: 398
    Maximum Score: 688

Test Name: Numerical

Qualifying score: 313
    Maximum Score: 648

Test Name: Checking Information test

Qualifying score: 292
    Maximum Score: 663

Sorry yeah that's them. That's what was sent for round 2 results

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JJ89

Been following this thread for a while now and this is my first time to post!

Got offered a job in people point to start end of this month. Delighted to get it but now concerned as to what people make of it on this thread. In a job at the moment which I don't find fulfilling and will be stuck in if I don't make the change, but nervous now about making the plunge!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 yy2015

Hi anyone know how many being called for interview to the carlow kilkenny region Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭vegasgirl2015

eroc79 wrote: »
    Up to this point the Dublin region is the only area that had done 2nd round and interviews although yesterday those for the Limerick/tipperary region got dates for 2nd round test.

I was one of those people who did the 2nd stage test yesterday for the Limerick/Tipp region - does anyone know roughly how long it takes to get results? i ranked 394 only in the first stage, so hoping i can do better this time around than my original qualifying score.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

Did the test yesterday and I have to say that it was insanely easy compared to the Stage 1 test.

Comprehension was tricky, maths was just multiplying and percentages and error checking was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Diddlina

What number are they at interviewing in Dublin and how do they contact you thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Omc1

Does anyone know what the procedure or the options are if the post you are offered doesn't suit you location wise? Are PAS accommodating?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lmdke

yy2015 wrote: »
    Hi anyone know how many being called for interview to the carlow kilkenny region Thanks

I'm not sure how many are being called. I was ranked at 21 after 2nd round tests & did the interview yesterday. Sorry I can't help any more than that !

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

Omc1 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the procedure or the options are if the post you are offered doesn't suit you location wise? Are PAS accommodating?

I'm not sure but I think I did read in the thread ages back that someone had a similar situation and I think pas may have accomdated them.

All you can do is ask!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Does anyone have the telephone number for PAS for this competition? Can't find one in my old messages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Danielle D

sillysocks wrote:
    Does anyone have the telephone number for PAS for this competition? Can't find one in my old messages.

01 8587400

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

JJ89 wrote: »
    Been following this thread for a while now and this is my first time to post!

Got offered a job in people point to start end of this month. Delighted to get it but now concerned as to what people make of it on this thread. In a job at the moment which I don't find fulfilling and will be stuck in if I don't make the change, but nervous now about making the plunge!

I can tell you, that Peoplepoint is swamped with work at the minute, is understaffed, and is not very highly thought of by the people it serves. I'd say it could be stressful enough working there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭eroc79

Anyone from Cork hear anymore since reference checks?

Advertisement