Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 yy2015

lmdke wrote: »
    I'm not sure how many are being called. I was ranked at 21 after 2nd round tests & did the interview yesterday. Sorry I can't help any more than that !

Thanks for reply im in early 50s doubt theyll get around to that no

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lmdke

yy2015 wrote: »
    Thanks for reply im in early 50s doubt theyll get around to that no

Did you have the interview yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Penguin100

Great to hear so many moving off the list:-)

I'm a few months in my job now and really enjoying it. Took a while to get a feel for the place but I now feel I have half an idea of what's going on.

Just wondering if anyone with a bit of knowledge of the system knows about transfers.

Contract states that you have to be out of probation which is a year long.

The other day a notification came around of a CO position which is less than 15 mins from me, they are looking for a qualification that I have and it's work I'd love to do.

I've had my first review and it was very positive. Is there any point in talking to HR or is it a lost cause during probation.

Bit of a long shot as I know most of us are new to the system but thought I'd ask.

Did you have the interview yet?

no havent been called

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭HannahR31

Starting in the Chief State Solicitors Office in Dublin tomorrow.....absolutely bricking it with nerves! Been in my little college bubble for the last 3 years so this is my first proper Monday to Friday full time job (eep!). Anyone able to tell me anything about how their first few days went? Or know anything about working in the CSSO? Terrified!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

HannahR31 wrote: »
    Starting in the Chief State Solicitors Office in Dublin tomorrow.....absolutely bricking it with nerves! Been in my little college bubble for the last 3 years so this is my first proper Monday to Friday full time job (eep!). Anyone able to tell me anything about how their first few days went? Or know anything about working in the CSSO? Terrified!!

Relax...you will love the CSSO....everyone will be lovely to you and you'll really enjoy your time there..

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭mrspepperpot

HannahR31 wrote: »

Hope today went well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Just got word I passed my interview :) I was turning things over in my head since last week thinking of all the better answers I could have given. Everyone at work kept asking me how the interview went and all I could say was only so so.

I have 2 years experience as a TCO and I'm working as a TCO at the moment. I don't think I could have shown my face at work if I didn't pass it.

Got word today that I passed the interview for Kilkenny / Carlow area. What a relief !!

Got word today that I passed the interview for Kilkenny / Carlow area. What a relief !!

congrats are u hoping for a carlow or kilkenny placement

• Advertisement

yy2015 wrote: »
    congrats are u hoping for a carlow or kilkenny placement

Kilkenny would be a much easier commute but I'll just wait & see what happens!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 shluffles

Well done to all who have received results and good luck to those who are soon doing a stage.

Just wondering, has anyone that placed 90+ for Cork received a call to contact referees?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭CBGirl

Got invitation to interview today for Donegal region but I already interviewed in oct when they were doing Dublin region. Has anyone else had to do 2 interviews? I've sent an email but just wondering if anyone else had experienced this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

CBGirl wrote: »
    Got invitation to interview today for Donegal region but I already interviewed in oct when they were doing Dublin region. Has anyone else had to do 2 interviews? I've sent an email but just wondering if anyone else had experienced this?

You shouldn't have to do a second interview, your interview result for Dublin should carry over for Donegal.

You shouldn't have to do a second interview, your interview result for Dublin should carry over for Donegal.

That's what I thought/was hoping. Could b awkward getting time off for it otherwise but hopefully it was just an error!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Mhana

What number are you in Donegal?

Mhana wrote: »

Top 10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Xx-Steph08-xX

how long were people waiting after the interview to hear anything? whats next the reference calls? Will they give you notice before they call them as I have not told my employer yet about this and im kinda panicking a bit on what i should do will they give me a chance to tell them

Top 10

I wonder how many were called, it mustn't have been many, anyone else called?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Idrive

how long were people waiting after the interview to hear anything? whats next the reference calls? Will they give you notice before they call them as I have not told my employer yet about this and im kinda panicking a bit on what i should do will they give me a chance to tell them

Im in the exact same boat.
    Passed interview almost 4 weeks ago, but don't know when i'll be placed.
    I called PAS and was told sometime during the summer :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Top 10

When was the Donegal stage 2 exam held?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Strawberry66

I was waiting about 2 weeks to hear I'd passed the interview and week or so for the call about reference checks. They will ask if you're still interested and if ok to call your referees. That should give you a chance to speak to your employer. Good luck :)

Just got word I passed my interview :) I was turning things over in my head since last week thinking of all the better answers I could have given. Everyone at work kept asking me how the interview went and all I could say was only so so.

I have 2 years experience as a TCO and I'm working as a TCO at the moment. I don't think I could have shown my face at work if I didn't pass it.

I was the exact same!! Tortured myself!! Especially with TCO experience and currently back again as TCO. The relief!!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭mrspepperpot

I was the exact same!! Tortured myself!! Especially with TCO experience and currently back again as TCO. The relief!!

Have you heard any more since the Letter Strawberry66? I haven't....waiting patiently for he phone to ring

Have you heard any more since the Letter Strawberry66? I haven't....waiting patiently for he phone to ring

No nothing yet Mrs P :( It's one long waiting game!!

Mhana wrote: »
    I wonder how many were called, it mustn't have been many, anyone else called?

Not sure how many were called, just under region it had Donegal batch 1

• Advertisement

jaffusmax wrote: »
    When was the Donegal stage 2 exam held?

I think in January. I did mine before Xmas for the Dublin region.

Advertisement