Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lmdke

how long were people waiting after the interview to hear anything? whats next the reference calls? Will they give you notice before they call them as I have not told my employer yet about this and im kinda panicking a bit on what i should do will they give me a chance to tell them

What region are you waiting for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Mhana

CBGirl wrote: »
    Not sure how many were called, just under region it had Donegal batch 1

Thanks! I'm in the top 20. Hopefully more will be called soon, fingers crossed.

Good luck with it :-)
    jaffusmax wrote: »
    When was the Donegal stage 2 exam held?

I did my stage 2 at the end of January

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭lauras91

how long were people waiting after the interview to hear anything? whats next the reference calls? Will they give you notice before they call them as I have not told my employer yet about this and im kinda panicking a bit on what i should do will they give me a chance to tell them

I did interview last week, got email yesterday to say I passed and a phone call today to check references! All a lot faster than I thought.. I don't think they have called the references yet though. This is for Carlow/Kilkenny region.. the woman I spoke to today said I should be offered a position fairly soon, I'm ranked top 10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

I was the exact same!! Tortured myself!! Especially with TCO experience and currently back again as TCO. The relief!!

When I read the email to say I passed I was so relieved as well. The HEO in my office was really good to me and gave me feedback on things I got ready for the interview. I don't think I could have faced walking into his office this morning to tell him I didn't pass the interview. Thankfully I could tell him I passed :)

lauras91 wrote: »
    I did interview last week, got email yesterday to say I passed and a phone call today to check references! All a lot faster than I thought.. I don't think they have called the references yet though. This is for Carlow/Kilkenny region.. the woman I spoke to today said I should be offered a position fairly soon, I'm ranked top 10.

Hi Lauras91, Congrats on doing so well! I also got results for Carlow / Kilkenny yesterday but I did not get the call for reference checks today. I am placed at 21. Did she happen to say if there are many positions to be filled at this stage?

• Advertisement

lmdke wrote: »
    Hi Lauras91, Congrats on doing so well! I also got results for Carlow / Kilkenny yesterday but I did not get the call for reference checks today. I am placed at 21. Did she happen to say if there are many positions to be filled at this stage?
    No she couldn't tell me anything really, at this stage they are just calling references to clear candidates and then they will be passed on to fill positions. I did mention I would prefer a Kilkenny placement and she said she would note that.. Sounded like they would be accommodating, here's hoping!

No she couldn't tell me anything really, at this stage they are just calling references to clear candidates and then they will be passed on to fill positions. I did mention I would prefer a Kilkenny placement and she said she would note that.. Sounded like they would be accommodating, here's hoping!

Best of Luck, I really hope you get the area & department that you want. I would also prefer Kilkenny but for now I'll just keep the fingers crossed that they reach my number !!

lmdke wrote: »
    Best of Luck, I really hope you get the area & department that you want. I would also prefer Kilkenny but for now I'll just keep the fingers crossed that they reach my number !!

Will keep updated here, but hopefully they will fill places quickly and we won't be waiting too long ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flyingoutside

What's the dress code for the stage two tests?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭DoctorDre

There's no dress code. Anything you're comfortable in!

• Advertisement

Will keep updated here, but hopefully they will fill places quickly and we won't be waiting too long ðŸ˜႒

Hi Lauras91, just to keep you updated, I got the call today about checking references, The lady said they would be contacting them over the next few days. I forgot to say that I have a preference for Kilkenny, so we will wait & see what happens next!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Did the stage 2 tests for EO a couple of months back. Everyone was dressed casually. T-shirts and jeans with nobody paying any attention. Some may have been designer. We all had raincoats. Bring what's comfortable. There'll be a cloakroom for coats, bags and mobiles.
    Regarding myself, that was a Saturday so candidates were off work - this time round for the CO it's Friday so some people will be knocking off work to do the tests- there might be suits in the room. Doesn't mean anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭vegasgirl2015

anyone know how long it takes to get the results of Stage 2? I did mine last week and am quite nervous :-) Im in the Limerick Tipp region

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭DoctorDre

anyone know how long it takes to get the results of Stage 2? I did mine last week and am quite nervous :-) Im in the Limerick Tipp region

I was waiting six weeks. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Trish21

Hi for any of you who are lucky enough to have started in your position what is the take home pay roughly after tax prsi and pension contribution deducted.

I know the gross salary is approximately 21k annually

I have passed interview and my references have been checked just waiting to hear from them now

Thanks a million

It's takes a while. I was waiting 7 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Bear85

Just logged on to ask the same. I had it in my head that the lady said a week. Just saw six weeks and I nearly cried 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭eroc79

Bear85 wrote: »
    Just logged on to ask the same. I had it in my head that the lady said a week. Just saw six weeks and I nearly cried 😂

It varies considerably. Don't lose hope yet

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Divisadero

If you want info you should contact PAS and ask them as the wait could vary depending on their current workload and priorities. It might not be the same period as previously. They may not have an answer but they might ease your pain!

I had my reference call today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭marksman9999

Hi all

Just got notified today I have been successful and that I would be contacted shortly with details of department etc..

Does anyone know if everyone starts on the same level in the pay scale or does previous experience count in any way??

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Fear Ciarrai

Does anyone know if everyone starts on the same level in the pay scale or does previous experience count in any way??

It counts but you have to make them aware of it

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Beginner to this

Trish21 wrote:
    Hi for any of you who are lucky enough to have started in your position what is the take home pay roughly after tax prsi and pension contribution deducted.

350 thats for a single person.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 shluffles

I had my reference call today.

So did I yesterday! Was at work so went straight to the boss' office, but she was in a meeting. Had to tell her assistant to pass on the message as I had to go back to work. Apparently the phone call went through before she was told about it. Awkward, to say the least. To be fair, it was only about an hour later, the meeting had just finished and the assistant happened to be on her break! Had been planning for ages how to tell her, then she didn't even know when it came to it!

I had one hiccup or another every step of the way for this competition. The next worry is that I have to be away for a couple of weeks come the end of August, been booked since February. I hope that won't be too much of a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭eroc79

Just got my letter saying I'm being assigned to the central statistics office Cork. No date yet but I'm delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 15 yy2015

350 thats for a single person.

To those who have started what areas have they been recruited to and is there much training for new clerical officers there

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭junipergreen

eroc79 wrote:
    Just got my letter saying I'm being assigned to the central statistics office Cork. No date yet but I'm delighted

Congratulations! I can't be too far behind now in that case :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 shluffles

eroc79 wrote: »

Congratulations!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Beginner to this

yy2015 wrote:
    To those who have started what areas have they been recruited to and is there much training for new clerical officers there

Im in DSP, got one to one training for about a month maybe. Everyone is very approachable and no issue with asking questions. Its a busy place to work though. Have also been on sent on two training courses for 6 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭junipergreen

Im in DSP, got one to one training for about a month maybe. Everyone is very approachable and no issue with asking questions. Its a busy place to work though. Have also been on sent on two training courses for 6 days.

Where are you Beginner? Dublin?

Advertisement