Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭vegasgirl2015

For those who are wondering about stage 2 results, I emailed PAS. They won't be out til August sometime as they are testing candidates up to mid-July so still a bit of a wait

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

^ I did stage 2 down in Chapter House yesterday. The man overseeing the tests said results around "end of August".

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭archie199

That's a long wait for stage 2 results, does anyone know if there's negative marking in the tests?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 shluffles

archie199 wrote: »
    That's a long wait for stage 2 results, does anyone know if there's negative marking in the tests?

No negative marking. I sat for my stage 2 late January and received result mid-March, so about 6 weeks seems to be the norm.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 yy2015

Im in DSP, got one to one training for about a month maybe. Everyone is very approachable and no issue with asking questions. Its a busy place to work though. Have also been on sent on two training courses for 6 days.

Thanks for reply did others start with you and if so are ye all doing the same work or is it just revenue that is taking on a few cos at the same time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Beginner to this

Where are you Beginner? Dublin?

yy2015 wrote:
    Thanks for reply did others start with you and if so are ye all doing the same work or is it just revenue that is taking on a few cos at the same time

Im in Limerick. 4 of us started together but all in different sections so all doing different work.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭junipergreen

Im in Limerick. 4 of us started together but all in different sections so all doing different work.

But ye all got that level of training?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 jayk99

Hey, I was placed in the mid 800's in the Dublin region. I was successful in my tests and interview. 2months ago they told me they would be contacting my references. A month ago I rang up asking if there was any issues and they told me they were waiting on Garda vetting before they rang my references. It's been a month later and still no contact. I'm kind of concerned that people in the 1000s have already been placed and my references still haven't been called (I've been checking in with one of my references). Does any one have any idea what's going on there? I just have a fear of something going wrong and being skipped over.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭eroc79

jayk99 wrote: »
    Hey, I was placed in the mid 800's in the Dublin region. I was successful in my tests and interview. 2months ago they told me they would be contacting my references. A month ago I rang up asking if there was any issues and they told me they were waiting on Garda vetting before they rang my references. It's been a month later and still no contact. I'm kind of concerned that people in the 1000s have already been placed and my references still haven't been called (I've been checking in with one of my references). Does any one have any idea what's going on there? I just have a fear of something going wrong and being skipped over.

My references were contacted a few weeks ago and I got my assignment yesterday but at the end of the letter it said it was still subject to nothing untoward coming to light in the garda vetting which still isn't back.

eroc79 wrote: »
    My references were contacted a few weeks ago and I got my assignment yesterday but at the end of the letter it said it was still subject to nothing untoward coming to light in the garda vetting which still isn't back.

Do you mind me asking around what number you got placed?

• Advertisement

Kt1992 wrote: »
    Yes I'm mid 800's and haven't been placed. I rang them yesterday and they said references will be contacted in the next week or so.

I'm mid 800s too. I wonder what is holding them up considering people in the 1000s have been placed. How is it possible their vetting was ahead of ours?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭DoctorDre

I'm mid 800s too. I wonder what is holding them up considering people in the 1000s have been placed. How is it possible their vetting was ahead of ours?

I had posted wondering why it seemed people were skipping me aswell. I was 800's too and was placed recently somewhere very close to my home. I think maybe they're waiting until somewhere close to you comes up?

DoctorDre wrote: »
    I had posted wondering why it seemed people were skipping me aswell. I was 800's too and was placed recently somewhere very close to my home. I think maybe they're waiting until somewhere close to you comes up?

I think it may have something to do with how the vetting is processed. I just don't understand why they contacted me originally to say they were contacting my references and over 2 months later not a peep from them. Are you early, mid or late 800s?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 shluffles

I think it may have something to do with how the vetting is processed. I just don't understand why they contacted me originally to say they were contacting my references and over 2 months later not a peep from them. Are you early, mid or late 800s?

I think you should contact PAS again, to be honest. Why tell you they'd be calling your referees if they're waiting for the vetting anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Has anyone has been asked to provide police clearance from abroad?

shluffles wrote: »
    I think you should contact PAS again, to be honest. Why tell you they'd be calling your referees if they're waiting for the vetting anyway?

Ye that is what confused me. I'm going to ring them up on Monday morning. I only found out on Friday evening that people in the 1000s are being placed so it kind of freaked me out!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Mr. A

Placed 1130 on Dublin. Going for an interview in 2 weeks. Nervous! Two basic questions: How long does the interview be? And how long until I know how successful I was?

Mr. A wrote: »
    Placed 1130 on Dublin. Going for an interview in 2 weeks. Nervous! Two basic questions: How long does the interview be? And how long until I know how successful I was?

Stated interview duration is 30 minutes but it can go longer. Mine was 40 minutes. Waiting to hear if you were successful can vary. I was waiting 4 days, others had to wait nearly 2 weeks. Have a few examples of how you meet the competencies prepared beforehand and you should be ok.

My interview took about 20 minutes. I found out I was successful 2 weeks after the interview. But judging by boards it could be different for everyone.

I wasn't very confident and I passed the interview so I'm sure you'll be grand. One thing I'd say about the interview is be prepared for any question from your past work experience. On my application I put down loads of different skills etc on each section. I was expecting them to ask me a lot about my office experience. Instead they asked me questions from a job working in a supermarket when I was 16 because I put down an equal amount of skills for that on the application. So if you don't want to be asked too many questions about a particular job I suggest you fill out that section a bit less.

Stated interview duration is 30 minutes but it can go longer. Mine was 40 minutes. Waiting to hear if you were successful can vary. I was waiting 4 days, others had to wait nearly 2 weeks. Have a few examples of how you meet the competencies prepared beforehand and you should be ok.
    I wasn't very confident and I passed the interview so I'm sure you'll be grand. One thing I'd say about the interview is be prepared for any question from your past work experience. On my application I put down loads of different skills etc on each section. I was expecting them to ask me a lot about my office experience. Instead they asked me questions from a job working in a supermarket when I was 16 because I put down an equal amount of skills for that on the application. So if you don't want to be asked too many questions about a particular job I suggest you fill out that section a bit less.

Thanks very much guys! And are you interviewed before a panel? I assuming judging from previous comments no matter how successful you are, it's a bit of a wait until the garda vetting is done?

• Advertisement

Thanks very much guys! And are you interviewed before a panel? I assuming judging from previous comments no matter how successful you are, it's a bit of a wait until the garda vetting is done?

I was interviewed in front of two people and they took turns asking questions. They were extremely nice. My interview was a few months ago and I'm still waiting but again judging by boards it depends. Some people were called within a month.

I was interviewed in front of two people and they took turns asking questions. They were extremely nice. My interview was a few months ago and I'm still waiting but again judging by boards it depends. Some people were called within a month.

And was that for Dublin?

And was that for Dublin?

Yes Dublin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Has anyone has been asked to provide police clearance from abroad?

Yes, I've seen other posts about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Rainbow_brite

I've two questions in relation to the application is it necessary to provide a reference for your current role, I'm not sure yet if i want my current employer to know that i am applying for this role?

Do they ring all three references?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Strawberry66

I understand that there are different levels of Garda vetting depending on which department you have been assigned to. For instance Justice is higher than Revenue. This could be the reason you are waiting that bit longer but worth a phone call to put your mind at rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lmdke

How long have people been waiting between receiving the letter & actually starting? It's just that I have to give a months notice & I am wondering if I should hand in my notice when I receive the latter or wait - do you usually get the start date a month in advance? I want to make sure I am available on the start date that they give but I cannot afford to be out of work for long as the mortgage still has to be paid !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Strawberry66

lmdke wrote: »
    How long have people been waiting between receiving the letter & actually starting? It's just that I have to give a months notice & I am wondering if I should hand in my notice when I receive the latter or wait - do you usually get the start date a month in advance? I want to make sure I am available on the start date that they give but I cannot afford to be out of work for long as the mortgage still has to be paid !!!

I got the letter last Friday 3rd and got phone call Thurs to say I was starting August 10th so exactly a month but it does seem to vary. They do seem to be flexible with start dates and understand that some will need to give more notice than others.

Slydice wrote: »
    Yes, I've seen other posts about it.

Thanks. I haven't been asked for it yet but I'll try and make a start on it this week. These things can take a while to come through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭DoctorDre

I was late 800's. In my letter, it said my vetting hadn't come back yet so I doubt that's the holdup. Hopefully you'll hear this week.

Advertisement