Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Askabout wrote: »
    Have a Stage 3 interview on Thurs, what sort of questions should I expect? I'm a bit nervous as in the process since June 2014 and I really want it to go well, any advice? Thanks

Try and think of an example from your work history when you implemented something that improved how things were done in the job/office as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 roc16

Hi all,

I've qualified for stage 3 and have my interview next week for the Dublin region.

Does anyone who has completed this stage have any tips for the interview process?

Pretty nervous about it all and wondering what kind of questions you might have been asked?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭budget1984

Hi just wondering what the ladies wore to their interviews. Was it all suits?
    Think I might have to go shopping at the weekend?:(

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭junipergreen

budget1984 wrote:
    Hi just wondering what the ladies wore to their interviews. Was it all suits? Think I might have to go shopping at the weekend?

I didn't wear a suit anyway - nice colourful dress from M&S - and I got through in the end :) a suit is grand if you're comfortable in it, but I look ridiculous in a suit so I always give them a miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭eroc79

budget1984 wrote: »
    Hi just wondering what the ladies wore to their interviews. Was it all suits?
    Think I might have to go shopping at the weekend?:(

I wore a pants, blouse and jacket. All bought separately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 shluffles

paddycakes wrote: »
    Just got my letter with an offer in Cork! They'll be in touch with a start date! Delighted!!! Going to Tusla Family and Child services out in Wilton.

Congratulations, paddycakes!

I didn't wear a suit anyway - nice colourful dress from M&S - and I got through in the end :) a suit is grand if you're comfortable in it, but I look ridiculous in a suit so I always give them a miss.

Thanks so much. A dress sounds lovely. Did u have jacket with it.
    Really dont like suits but Im at a loose end as to what to wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 GoggleWoggle

Thanks so much. A dress sounds lovely. Did u have jacket with it.
    Really dont like suits but Im at a loose end as to what to wear.

I wore a suit jacket and dress. Everyone I saw was either wearing a jacket and dress or a blouse and jacket. No one was dressed overly formal. As long as you look presentable I am sure they won't take too much notice.

Best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭junipergreen

budget1984 wrote:
    Thanks so much. A dress sounds lovely. Did u have jacket with it. Really dont like suits but Im at a loose end as to what to wear.

Nope, no jacket - it's the jacket that really makes me look like a clown :( Three quarter length sleeves on the dress though, so not much skin on display all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Strawberry66

Nope, no jacket - it's the jacket that really makes me look like a clown :( Three quarter length sleeves on the dress though, so not much skin on display all the same.

I also wore a dress - no jacket. It was very warm the day of my interview so would have melted!! As long as you are smart I think it'll be fine. Best of luck :)

• Advertisement

thanks all for your advice. Interview next week and dreading it:(

For any of the successful applicants who are already in their posts - can you help me with few things:
    Firstly, do you have flexi time or is it fixed hours
    Secondly , how is the take home pay roughly. I worked as temp co for about 12 months - would that make any difference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

For any of the successful applicants who are already in their posts - can you help me with few things:
    Firstly, do you have flexi time or is it fixed hours
    Secondly , how is the take home pay roughly. I worked as temp co for about 12 months - would that make any difference?

Flexi time depends on the office. Some have it, others don't. Take home pay is about €370. That should go up with pay restoration. If you already have 12 months done as a TCO you can count this service and maybe start on point 2 of the CO scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Are these position currently open or closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Tina82

closed

anyone know roughly what number their at for limerick??

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭eroc79

Happy days. Got my start date.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Kt1992

jayk99 wrote: »
    Hey, I was placed in the mid 800's in the Dublin region. I was successful in my tests and interview. 2months ago they told me they would be contacting my references. A month ago I rang up asking if there was any issues and they told me they were waiting on Garda vetting before they rang my references. It's been a month later and still no contact. I'm kind of concerned that people in the 1000s have already been placed and my references still haven't been called (I've been checking in with one of my references). Does any one have any idea what's going on there? I just have a fear of something going wrong and being skipped over.

Hi!
    I'm in the same position, I'm mid 800's and they had called me like 2 months ago and never did anything and then they rang me 2 weeks ago asking to check references again, I thought they had forgotten about me but they contacted my reference yesterday so don't worry . Hopefully we'll hear something soon. 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Podbrdo

I've been called for interview to Chapter House for Laois/Offaly/Westmeath next Thursday. Anyone know who's hiring?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Diddlina

Podbrdo wrote: »
    I've been called for interview to Chapter House for Laois/Offaly/Westmeath next Thursday. Anyone know who's hiring?

There's been no real move on Laois / Offaly. What number are you roughly? You might even be in the first batch to be interviewed.

• Advertisement

I'm in the low 30's.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Diddlina

I'm in the low 30's.

Best of luck let us know how you get on!

Will do! Think I'll ring PAS to see if they'll tell me where the jobs are.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lmdke

eroc79 wrote: »
    Happy days. Got my start date.

Congrats, when are you starting?

Will do! Think I'll ring PAS to see if they'll tell me where the jobs are.

Hi i've also been called for this area. If you hear any news from PAS can you let us know please.

Tina82 wrote: »
    anyone know roughly what number their at for limerick??

Hi Tina. I'm mid 140's and have been placed starting August. I have also heard of someone in 160's also starting same day as me so it's still moving along :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 GoggleWoggle

Hi Tina & Strawberry I am in the 170's and haven't been placed. I had me references checked over a month ago.

Hi Tina. I'm mid 140's and have been placed starting August. I have also heard of someone in 160's also starting same day as me so it's still moving along :)

Thanks Strawberry66, i've already started in Limerick a few months ago...just wanted to find out for a friend. Best of luck in august..nice place to work..really enjoying it so far :)

Hi Tina & Strawberry I am in the 170's and haven't been placed. I had me references checked over a month ago.

Hopefully not too much longer for you GoggleWoggle. Keep us posted!!
    Tina82 wrote: »
    Thanks Strawberry66, i've already started in Limerick a few months ago...just wanted to find out for a friend. Best of luck in august..nice place to work..really enjoying it so far :)

Glad you're enjoying it. I've worked there before as a TCO and looking forward to getting back now!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Kt1992

Just got my letter to say I got into the Department Of Justice.. So frickin happy!!!

Advertisement