Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Strawberry66

Kt1992 wrote: »
    Just got my letter to say I got into the Department Of Justice.. So frickin happy!!!

Brilliant!! Congrats Kt. Worth the wait in the end!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭DoctorDre

Kt1992 wrote: »
    Just got my letter to say I got into the Department Of Justice.. So frickin happy!!!

Finally! Congrats! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Kt1992

DoctorDre wrote: »
    Finally! Congrats! :)

Thanks! It's about time.. Have you started yet? Where were you placed?

Brilliant!! Congrats Kt. Worth the wait in the end!!! :D

Thank you very much.. Very long process but hopefully it'll be worth it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭budget1984

Hi, what type of questions do they ask in the interview.
    If they ask about strength or weakness what could I say.

Thank for any help ye can give. Its been a long time since I was in an interview and I'm absolutely dreading it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭mrspepperpot

budget1984 wrote: »
    Hi, what type of questions do they ask in the interview.
    If they ask about strength or weakness what could I say.

Thank for any help ye can give. Its been a long time since I was in an interview and I'm absolutely dreading it.

They didn't ask anything about strengths of weaknesses in mine. It was centred around the competencies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 shluffles

Going to Revenue in Cork! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭junipergreen

Good job shluffles! What number were you?

I was a TCO there last summer. Not a bad place at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 shluffles

Good job shluffles! What number were you?

I was a TCO there last summer. Not a bad place at all.

Thanks! I'm number 99.

Thought I'd seen the last of any numerics haha! Excited and terrified at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Diddlina

They didn't ask anything about strengths of weaknesses in mine. It was centred around the competencies :)

where can you find the competencies?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Diddlina wrote: »
    where can you find the competencies?

Just google "Clerical Officer competencies" - a list of links to relevant pdfs detailing competencies for various grades from CO up to PO will appear at the top of the search.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Diddlina

Just google "Clerical Officer competencies" - a list of links to relevant pdfs detailing competencies for various grades from CO up to PO will appear at the top of the search.

Thanks

Jade182 wrote: »
    If you click 'Search this Thread' at the top of this page (under the page number), you can find helpful examples from many people here who did the clerical officer interview.

Try and search something like 'competency' or 'competencies'. I just tried both there and they bring up examples and questions from other posters who did the interview.

There is a wealth of information in this thread as many of us have gone through all these stages before and using 'Search this Thread' means you don't have to slog back through the 300+ pages of information to find them :)

Good luck!

Jade182 posted this just before my interview which I found really useful. May be of help to anyone preparing for interview now :)

shluffles wrote: »
    Going to Revenue in Cork! :)

Great news shluffles. Congrats :D

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

Just got a phone call, going to revenue in Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Omc1

Just got offered revenue too. Absolutely delighted. It was exactly where I wanted to go :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Podbrdo

budget1984 wrote: »
    Hi i've also been called for this area. If you hear any news from PAS can you let us know please.

Rang them today but they said they didn't know where the jobs would be, that if successful at interview I would go onto a panel from which they would draw as requests for staff came in.

Then later I got a call asking me to confirm if I would be attending the interview.

Roughly what number are you - to get an idea of how many they are calling for interview, might be an indication of how many jobs there are?

Omc1 wrote: »
    Just got offered revenue too. Absolutely delighted. It was exactly where I wanted to go :D

Yeah me too! September start?

Ravage1616 wrote: »
    Yeah me too! September start?

Yeah absolutely delighted. I'm in a temp co in the HSE at the minute which I like but a permanent one in revenue is amazing 😀 I wonder where the training is??

Omc1 wrote: »
    Yeah absolutely delighted. I'm in a temp co in the HSE at the minute which I like but a permanent one in revenue is amazing 😀 I wonder where the training is??

I was told it would be in D'Oiler house for 6 months and we would be assigned somewhere else after that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭CBGirl

Did anyone have their interview this week? Were you told when you'd be notified if you passed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Danielle D

Ravage1616 wrote:
    I was told it would be in D'Oiler house for 6 months and we would be assigned somewhere else after that!

I have just finished Revenue training and it took place between D'Olier Street and Mount Street. Generally a week or 2 theory in D'Olier then 2/3 weeks practical work in Mount Street. I started early Feb & was placed end June. Best of luck with it!

Just wondering is the training paid for revenue and is there flexi time? Is it smart casual?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Danielle D

Omc1 wrote:
    Just wondering is the training paid for revenue and is there flexi time? Is it smart casual?

Yes you are on salary from the day you start. No flexi and limited annual leave while training. Flexi when in your district. Jeans & top/tshirt is what most people wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lmdke

Congrats to all of you guys who got your placements today!
    Were you waiting long between the reference checks & getting your letters?
    Hopefully those of us in Kilkenny / Carlow won't have too much longer to wait!

lmdke wrote: »

I'm waiting about 6 to 7 weeks since my reference were checked till I got my offer yesterday!

My reference was checked on Wednesday and got my letter Friday .

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭eroc79

Congrats, when are you starting?

4th August

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭budget1984

hi, thanks for the info. I'm placed 14. would only be interested in one county out of the 3 so fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,405 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Danielle D wrote: »
    I have just finished Revenue training and it took place between D'Olier Street and Mount Street. Generally a week or 2 theory in D'Olier then 2/3 weeks practical work in Mount Street. I started early Feb & was placed end June. Best of luck with it!

Was it only the 4 weeks training or was it just that format for a full 6 months.

Currently working in Customs in revenue and I'll be sad to leave feel like I'm just getting settled and have the perk of parking and only a 15/20 minute drive.

Though its mainly older people so it'll be nice to be around some people under 30 again so I'll get over it :P

Advertisement