Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 shluffles

lmdke wrote: »
    Were you waiting long between the reference checks & getting your letters?
    Hopefully those of us in Kilkenny / Carlow won't have too much longer to wait!

I received the letter 8 days after the reference call/checks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 potsnarf

Hi shuffles, just wondering if you were given a start date yet? I got the reference call last week and I'm curious about what happens once you get the letter.

potsnarf wrote: »
    Hi shuffles, just wondering if you were given a start date yet? I got the reference call last week and I'm curious about what happens once you get the letter.

I actually received the letter on Friday, a day after getting a phone call to start on the 7th September. As it happened, I'm due to be away till the 9th, so it was suggested I start on the 10th, as any later and I'd miss too much. The lady was very understanding, I have to say. If I remember right, she said I should receive my papers with contract, starting date, etc., this week.

Thanks for that. Good luck with the new job!

You too, potsnarf. I'm sure it won't be long now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭budget1984

Hi, im a bit confused with the application form that I need to fill up for the interview.
    Under the heading Career History you are asked your main responsibilites/ achievements in your current / past role. Then you are asked to outline experience in this poistion relevant to the clerical role.
    What is the difference? and how did people go about filling this in.

I have been preparing for interview for so long my mind is just fried :confused:

budget1984 wrote: »
    Hi, im a bit confused with the application form that I need to fill up for the interview.
    Under the heading Career History you are asked your main responsibilites/ achievements in your current / past role. Then you are asked to outline experience in this poistion relevant to the clerical role.

I have been preparing for interview for so long my mind is just fried :confused:

Say you're a healthcare worker. For responsibilities, bullet point what you do, e.g. monitor vital signs, update care plans. Relevant experience would be experience you gained during the course of your work, e.g. team work, customer service, updating/maintaining records.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Just copy and paste the responsibities from your previous jobs from your CV. Then write underneath how the job relates to the CO role. Keep the competencies in mind when you're doing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Omc1

Did anyone who got offered revenue receive an email yet with the details??

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Dolphin33

Hi there. Been monitoring this thread on and off for ages. Congratulations to those offered positions in Cork. Just wondering where were ye ranked?

• Advertisement

I got the reference call last week and I'm ranked in the early 100s

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Dolphin33

Good to hear Potsnarf. Hopefully you get a position. I'm closer to 120 for Cork. Fingers crossed they'll be in touch.

Omc1 wrote: »

I haven't. Would like to know this too. I would have liked to have the start date on paper before I handed in my notice tomorrow. But I'm handing it in anyway.

Dolphin33 wrote: »
    Hi there. Been monitoring this thread on and off for ages. Congratulations to those offered positions in Cork. Just wondering where were ye ranked?

99. Like the ice cream.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

shluffles wrote: »
    I haven't. Would like to know this too. I would have liked to have the start date on paper before I handed in my notice tomorrow. But I'm handing it in anyway.

Yeah me too but I handed in my notice as a few people have left recently so wanted to give them plenty of notice!

I presume we'll get an email some time this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭budget1984

Just one more question about the application form for the interview.
    what do you put in the section "Additional relevant information"
    I have kinda gone through everything in the previous employment:confused: section so not sure about this.

Ravage1616 wrote: »
    I presume we'll get an email some time this week!

I hope so! We've been waiting for this so long now, I find myself re-reading the letter at least once a day to make sure it's real!

I probably sound like an excited young girl rather than an excited oldie! :o

Just one more question about the application form for the interview.
    what do you put in the section "Additional relevant information"
    I have kinda gone through everything in the previous employment:confused: section so not sure about this.

Maybe you have knowledge of another language, or a volunteer somewhere? I used it to also explain gaps in my work history and what I did during them.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

I hope so! We've been waiting for this so long now, I find myself re-reading the letter at least once a day to make sure it's real!

I probably sound like an excited young girl rather than an excited oldie! :o

I haven't even received a letter!! Just a phone call on Friday! Ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Strawberry66

Omc1 wrote: »

I got the phonecall in the morning and the contract was emailed that afternoon. This was for Revenue in Limerick. Already signed and returned!!

• Advertisement

I got the phonecall in the morning and the contract was emailed that afternoon. This was for Revenue in Limerick. Already signed and returned!!

Was it just the contract that was emailed? Were there any details, such as times, starting date and where to go?

Mind you, even though I'm for Cork, I'm assuming it's the same procedure for everyone.

Was it just the contract that was emailed? Were there any details, such as times, starting date and where to go?

Mind you, even though I'm for Cork, I'm assuming it's the same procedure for everyone.

Yes, covering letter with it confirming start date, time, where to go and who to report to. We wont be assigned to a section until the first day though. Also a link to claim incremental credit if you have previous service which I do as TCO so hopefully that will be sorted by the time I start.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭eroc79

After getting notification of where I was going, it was about a week before I heard from hr asking when I could start. I received an email of the contract and a few other forms later that day and received a hard copy of the contract to sign and return 2 days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭mrspepperpot

Yes, covering letter with it confirming start date, time, where to go and who to report to. We wont be assigned to a section until the first day though. Also a link to claim incremental credit if you have previous service which I do as TCO so hopefully that will be sorted by the time I start.

A friend of mine in sarsfield house said it took some of the previous intake up to three months to get the increment..:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Danielle D

To answer earlier query by Aisling, revenue training is that format for 5 months. Sorry can't quote her post, phone app acting up.

A friend of mine in sarsfield house said it took some of the previous intake up to three months to get the increment..:(

Well I've already emailed so hopefully will be in place when I start. That's what my own friend did and his was sorted by the time he started. Fingers crossed anyway!!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭EmerG28

My advice to anyone waiting for a start date is don't hand in your notice until you get your start date. I got a letter saying I was being assigned to dept of justice but it was over 2 months before I got my starting date, contracts etc

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Kt1992

EmerG28 wrote: »
    My advice to anyone waiting for a start date is don't hand in your notice until you get your start date. I got a letter saying I was being assigned to dept of justice but it was over 2 months before I got my starting date, contracts etc

Hi Emer, I'm starting in the Dept of Justice too. Have you started yet or when are you starting?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 WhoIsTheCoon

Is anyone else starting in Social Welfare? For anyone starting in Revenue Cork, the majority if not all will be training in the 1890 section for three months or so i'm told

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭EmerG28

Kt1992 wrote: »
    Hi Emer, I'm starting in the Dept of Justice too. Have you started yet or when are you starting?

Yeah I started on the 29th June. Got my letter on the 14th April so can take awhile

Advertisement