Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Positions in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 mariosuarez

dawn8585 wrote: »
    Have u done stage 2? I done it few months ago. Got results but nothing since!

Based on other regions. It appears to take 3 months from test results to interview so they came out start of June, i would estimate people will be notified near the end of August for an interview at the start of September for Sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Podbrdo

budget1984 wrote: »
    Hi just wondering how you got on at the interview. I had mine yesterday too & not quite sure about it. Hopefully we wont be waiting long for results

Think I did ok. I was pretty well prepared but it's still not easy to remember your examples and frame them to suit the questions but I think I did ok.

Forgot to ask when we would hear, does anyone know how long it takes?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Trish21

I see a few people mentioning incremental credit I worked as tco from June 07 to March 09. I was offered clerical position there last week for a quasi semi state agency last week starting work mid August I have signed contract already but only reading about incremental credit form being sent with contracts. Do you if incremental credit is standard across clerical positions in civil service or is it up each individual personnel section? Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Lulucas

I also has interview yesterday... I was pleased with how it went thank god.. Also forgot to ask when we might hear results 😭.. Anyone remember to ask ???

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Jsherlock1

Lulucas wrote: »
    I also has interview yesterday... I was pleased with how it went thank god.. Also forgot to ask when we might hear results 😭.. Anyone remember to ask ???

I had my interview yesterday too. They said about 2 weeks!

• Advertisement

Does anyone know where the jobs will be in Westmeath/Laois/Offaly?

Jsherlock1 wrote: »
    Does anyone know where the jobs will be in Westmeath/Laois/Offaly?

No I asked they said they didn't know yet

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Bannerman7

Has anyone who is starting in revenue in Sept got anything in writing yet ?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Omc1

I rang revenue on Monday and they're dealing with a lot of different panels at the minute and we'll hear from them in merit order

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭tanolo1

Have u done stage 2? I done it few months ago. Got results but nothing since!

Same ... Did stage 2 assessments but nothing since!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 dawn8585

Does anyone know at what stage you tell them you're not interested in a certain region? Im guessing I will get offered something in sligo/leitrim/longford (if at all!) Before mayo/roscommon as the process is ahead but im pretty certain il refuse and wait for mayo/roscommon. Hope it doesnt backfire n il end up with nothing though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭eroc79

Does anyone know at what stage you tell them you're not interested in a certain region? Im guessing I will get offered something in sligo/leitrim/longford (if at all!) Before mayo/roscommon as the process is ahead but im pretty certain il refuse and wait for mayo/roscommon. Hope it doesnt backfire n il end up with nothing though!!

After passing the interview I got a phone call from pas asking if I was interested in going forward with Limerick but I told them that I'd hold out for Cork. I knew it was a risk by fortunately it worked out.

ciartastix wrote: »
    I'm pretty far down myself I think cant remember exact number but might email them anyway just to see if things are moving

Did you email them in the end? Did you apply for the temporary clerical competition also?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭budget1984

Hi, does anyone know how we'll get results of interview. Is it by phone / email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

budget1984 wrote: »
    Hi, does anyone know how we'll get results of interview. Is it by phone / email.

You get a message posted to your board on your public jobs account.

For anyone who was successful at interview, did it take long to hear from them after the interview and to get an offer of place after that?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lmdke

For anyone who was successful at interview, did it take long to hear from them after the interview and to get an offer of place after that?

I got word that I was successful at interview on the 6th of July, got the call for reference checks on the 8th of July but haven't heard anything else since then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

lmdke wrote: »
    I got word that I was successful at interview on the 6th of July, got the call for reference checks on the 8th of July but haven't heard anything else since then!

Same here.

Imdke when was your interview?

• Advertisement

My interview was on the 30th of June (it is for the Kilkenny / Carlow area)

A week is pretty quick to hear back, I thought it would take longer! Hopefully it will be similar for me. I had my interview on Thursday for Westmeath/Offaly/Laois

A week is pretty quick to hear back, I thought it would take longer! Hopefully it will be similar for me. I had my interview on Thursday for Westmeath/Offaly/Laois

From my experience, I would imagine you should hear back by the end of this week.....I hope it moves quickly for you!

Thanks me too! Do you know how much time they allow for starting ie how much notice I could give my current employer?

Thanks me too! Do you know how much time they allow for starting ie how much notice I could give my current employer?

No, I'm not sure. I need to give a months notice so I hope they give plenty of time !!

Same here, would like to give as much notice as I can so they can get a replacement for me

• Registered Users Posts: 11 GoggleWoggle

I had my interview the 25th May, heard I was successful the 5th June, had my reference checked (Including my current employer!!!!) 16th June and haven't heard a word since!!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭budget1984

HI does anyone know if PAS contact you before they call your current employer.

I dont want them contacting my employer until I accept a position & have start date. Wonder will this be a problem?

Did my interview on Thursday and just got results today.. Can't believe it was that quick delighted!!!

• Advertisement

Lulucas I just got mine too! What region are you in?

Advertisement